Close
Advertise Here

OUYA Tidbits #3 - BattleFront on OUYA, ONLYOUYA Section Coming, Commodore 64 Emulator

OUYA Tidbits #3 - By Ed Krassenstein
    BattleFront on OUYA - ONLYOUYA Section Coming - Commodore 64 Emulator & More

Battlefront is Coming to OUYA!!

Battlefront.com has informed us that they plan to bring their game "Combat Mission Touch" to the OUYA. This is a game that was released in the Google Play store just 2 days ago.

"'Combat Mission: Touch' allows you to command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! It mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience."

We will have more information on this story in the coming days via an exclusive interview that you will find right here in the OUYA Columns section on OUYAForum.com.

ONLYOUYA for Games ONLY on OUYA!

OUYA's Kellee Santiago is hinting at a possible OUYA store section entitled "ONLYOUYA" for those games that are exclusive to the OUYA. In a message to developers earlier this week, Kellee stated, "I'm looking to see if we have enough content on the store - or coming in the next day or two - to maintain a section called "ONLYOUYA," which (is) meant for games that are (only) available on OUYA right now - not on mobile, Web, PC, other console, or anywhere!"

From the looks of things, there are plenty of games that will launch as exclusive titles for the OUYA, so I'm assuming we will see an ONLYOUYA section in the OUYA store upon the launch of the console on March 28th (or soon after that). This is a motivational factor that may just get some game developers to create titles that are exclusive to the OUYA. Brilliant move!

More Emulators? How about Commodore 64?

In our last OUYA Tidbits column, we talked about the upcoming NES, SNES, and N64 emulators for the OUYA. It looks like there is yet another emulator that should be available on the OUYA soon. It's the FrodoC64 Commodor 64 emulator by Paul Lamb.

In an interview with Lamb, he informed us that, "Barring any unforeseen hiccups, I wouldn't expect the project to take more than a month to get to a point where it can be published in the OUYA store. It is really only a UI re-write."

So within a month, we may be able to play Commodor 64 games on the OUYA! OUUUUUYYAA!

This is Critical! Critical Missions to be available on OUYA!

We have been informed that Critical Missions: SWAT as well as Critical Missions: Space will be coming to the OUYA. If you are wondering why this is so awesome, just check out some of the games features and graphics! The graphics look stunning, and the features could be hard to turn down. The game is expected to feature cross platform multiplayer gaming, which should make any OUYA owner ecstatic.

More details on this game in the OUYA Game folder - https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ertainment-Ltd

And those are your OUYA Tidbits for March 26, 2013
    Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I played the forerunner to Critical Missions (Critical Strike Portable, still running on Kongregate.com) and the graphics are nothing special BUT! it's fun as hell to play. Will definitely pick it up on my OUYA as soon as it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    Battlefront is Coming to OUYA!!

Battlefront.com has informed us that they plan to bring their game "Combat Mission Touch" to the OUYA. This is a game that was released in the Google Play store just 2 days ago.

"'Combat Mission: Touch' allows you to command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! It mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience."

We will have more information on this story in the coming days via an exclusive interview that you will find right here in the OUYA Columns section on OUYAForum.com.

Oh good lord ... Somewhere on this forum I said "Don't get me wrong. If someone made a game in a believable way about for instance: being a part Storming the beach at Normandy. I'd probably be the first in line to play it." You bastards! You were looking just to hook me in weren't you? Good job! I'm in! Take my money. I was probably just gonna do something stupid with it anyway (like buy groceries)
    Last edited by T3KN0GH057; 04-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.