Close
Advertise Here

FYI: The Great OUYA Game Jam - December 2019 - OUYA Lives!

A game jam celebrating the revival of the OUYA, running from the 6th to the 16th of December.

Voting will take place between the 16th and the 20th of December. Anyone may vote on the submissions.

This game jam is about encouraging a boost in new games for the OUYA, even if just small ones created in a few days. The OUYA was all about the indie developer getting to publish their games on a console for the first time, and we think it's still good for that!

https://itch.io/jam/the-great-ouya-jam-of-december-2019

https://ouya.world/t/fyi-the-great-o...-ouya-lives/64

Sounds interesting!

Is there any way to upload new games to the new store yet?

No can do.
    I'm afraid my OUYA DevKit setup is long long gone, and I'm not really in the mood for tackling 6 days worth of install/uninstall/reinstall/etc, trying to get "just the right" JavaSDK and "just the right" AndroidSDK installed, in a vague hope of getting OUYA compatible .apk's working.
    Once it works, it's perfectly fine, but until that point it's an absolute horror show.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    No can do.
    I'm afraid my OUYA DevKit setup is long long gone, and I'm not really in the mood for tackling 6 days worth of install/uninstall/reinstall/etc, trying to get "just the right" JavaSDK and "just the right" AndroidSDK installed, in a vague hope of getting OUYA compatible .apk's working.
    Once it works, it's perfectly fine, but until that point it's an absolute horror show.
    I experienced this horror last night. Tried getting Unity to compile an Ouya compatible APK and it's a nightmare! I'm going to have another shot tonight but it's suuuuper finicky.