Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    You will have to place a file into the root folder of your OUYA, that's all I know. It's done via your PC and the micro USB port. I looked through the Discord, but couldn't find the file itself, only talk about it...

Now I'm at work and can't look any further. Maybe someone else is also active there and can help, e.g. xanderten50 or xaby?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    I went ahead and registered with Discord.
    Looks like all they have going right now is login authorization. Nothing that works 100% for games yet. I will be keeping watch.
    Login is what I need right now. Let me know what to do or I'll just have to join the Discord, I guess. LOL
    "For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Joining the Discord would be the easiest. The formatting is messy for discussions and you may have an easier time putting together what is needed rather than having to rely on my second-hand telling of it.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Nothing wrong with second hand info. Down with Discord!!!!
    But if it solves the problem...
    OUYAForum Rules | OUYAForum Contests | OUYA Game Sales
    Killswitch Interviews | IamKillswitch.com | PorkpiePlatypus.com
    Astra Etherium: Adventures of a Space Bounty Hunter in Space

2 members found this post helpful.
    If you DO manage to fix it, do post methodology here, so other people have access to the information instead of having to go to the Discord and get everything retold for the umpteenth time, because.. Discord...
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

i have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    If you DO manage to fix it, do post methodology here, so other people have access to the information instead of having to go to the Discord and get everything retold for the umpteenth time, because.. Discord...
    Will do!
    "For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

Okay, I think I have found a way around the update loop (just worked for me)

1) Connect your Ouya to your PC using your Micro USB

2) Transfer this Ouya.Config File inside internal storage. Link here--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M2...s0Ow4bch9VcN-G

NOTE: If you already see a Ouya.config (or Ouya.config.server file) on your Ouya, delete them and replace it with the file provided

3) Power Cycle your Ouya and after it asks for your language it should skip the update (server) screen and go straight to letting you log in.

Hope this helps!

1 members found this post helpful.
    Thank you szeraax over at the OUYA Saviors Discord for the "ouya.config.properties" work around patch!

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Okay, I think I have found a way around the update loop (just worked for me)

1) Connect your Ouya to your PC using your Micro USB

2) Transfer this Ouya.Config File inside internal storage. Link here--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M2...s0Ow4bch9VcN-G

NOTE: If you already see a Ouya.config (or Ouya.config.server file) on your Ouya, delete them and replace it with the file provided

3) Power Cycle your Ouya and after it asks for your language it should skip the update (server) screen and go straight to letting you log in.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProHiScore View Post
    Thank you szeraax over at the OUYA Saviors Discord for the "ouya.config.properties" work around patch!
    Thanks to everyone involved with this info. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

*EDIT* Back in the game! Thanks again!

Whew, am I glad this solution worked.

Thanks guys for posting this! I thought for a minute I was going to have to throw out my Ouya.