Close
Advertise Here

Thread: Groovy!

Groovy!

Earthworm Jim is back in a big way!

Doug TenNapel’s ‘Earthworm Jim: Launch The Cow’ Raises Over 100K in Less Than 24 Hours!

by John F Trent

Doug TenNapel recently launched an IndieGoGo campaign for Earthworm Jim: Launch the Cow and it has already raised over 100k in less than 24 hours.

TenNapel launched the IndieGoGo around 12:00 PM ET on May 13th and as of this writing the IndieGoGo campaign has already raised $107,454 from 1,074 backers.

TenNapel, the creator of Earthworm Jim, reveals this “first book will be on how Jim became Jim!” It will answer the questions, “Who made the super suit? Why is he launching cows?!” He elaborates, “It documents the origins of the super suit and how it got to earth to make our favorite hero. You’ll see some familiar characters ripped straight out of the video game like: Peter Puppy, Princess What’s-Her-Name, Psycrow, the hideous Professor Monkey for a Head, Queen Slug-for-a-Butt and Evil the Cat!”
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...than-24-hours/

AND, if you didn't know:

'Earthworm Jim' returns after 20 years as an Intellivision exclusive
    The original developers are making the game for the hyped-up console.

by Jon Fingas

It's been 20 years since there was a genuinely new Earthworm Jim game, and longer still since the original team was involved. However, the gang is coming back -- if you're willing to take a chance on a retro console. Intellivision Entertainment is reuniting ten members of the Earthworm Jim team to work on a new game in the franchise made solely for the Intellivision Amico. The title is still in the very early stages. In fact, Intellivision is livestreaming part of the first design meeting on May 4th at 3PM Eastern. However, it might be comforting news if you want to see more of the anthropomorphic annelid beyond remasters and ports of the classics.
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/01/...ivision-amico/

I think it is pretty cool that EWJ is returning. We get a comic and a game for a "micro-console". #OUYAisYoDaddy! Check the links and get yours today.
    "For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Fun! I never got into those games, but I had friends who loved them.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I saw this a few weeks ago but there's just something troubling about it coming to a random new console.
    OUYAForum Rules | OUYAForum Contests | OUYA Game Sales
    Killswitch Interviews | IamKillswitch.com | PorkpiePlatypus.com
    Astra Etherium: Adventures of a Space Bounty Hunter in Space

i wouldnt call it "random'.
    i like the approach "no dlc, no microtransactions".
    may be we should ask about free games?

with a real company behind it, it might do better than ouya and forge (not that is hard thou)
    www.quadrastorm.com

https://www.razerzone.com/cortex/tv/games/skully-scape

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    I saw this a few weeks ago but there's just something troubling about it coming to a random new console.
    I bet it will end up on everything in less than a year.
    "For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by Warzard View Post
    I bet it will end up on everything in less than a year.
    its their exclusive title, its one of their best bets to get people to buy the console.

im not saying they wont, just saying that I wouldnt
    www.quadrastorm.com

https://www.razerzone.com/cortex/tv/games/skully-scape