Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mech Battle Arena - Mobula, Inc.

Hey All, we'd like to introduce our game, iMech Online to OUYAForum!

If you haven't heard know anything about iMech Online, it's a full 3D competitive shooter where players battle in real-time online 8-player PvP mech combat. Players can customize their own mechs, which each have unique Abilities that make them strategic in battle as well as the option to upgrade certain features of the mech with an endless amount of possibilities and combinations.

FEATURES
    • Battle real players in multiplayer online gameplay
    • Free-for-all 8-player deathmatch combat
    • Each mech is unique including one-of-a-kind Abilities
    • Grab the mines and rocket pickups and use them against your opponents
    • Mech Lab where you can apply upgrades, weapons, and skins
    • Tech Tree to configure to your play style
    • Fight with an arsenal of weapons

iMech Online will be fully cross-platform across iOS and Android mobile devices and of course, now the OUYA.

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MobulaGames
    Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mobula
    iMech Online Official Blog: http://imechonline.blogspot.com
    Mobula Website: http://www.mobulagames.com

Looks pretty good. The only thing I would criticize is that the Mechs don't seem to lumber. Anything that walks on feet sways, and anything that big does so in a lumbering manner. It looks weird that they don't.

Game looks interesting? What would be the pricing of this game?

This game looks promising. I'm assuming it won't have a solo campaign though I'm not a fan of online gaming very much. I do my best to avoid people on the streets as well as in my games. I used to be fine...then one day I slipped on my Xbox Live headset and found out that I was a faggot, my mom was a bitch and that a bunch of 13 your olds had slept with her last night...that was devastating to me. I had no idea...thankfully all of those great preteen kids running around "cawadoody" set me straight. I've been dodging people with a complete lack of faith in humanity ever since. Aside from that I find online multiplayers lack of player skill matching to be frustrating in that it seems there are always 1 or 2 people that go 20 - 0 ruining the fun for everyone that has jobs and lives that take place outside of that particular game...
    Do you wanna date my avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by John Paine View Post
    Looks pretty good. The only thing I would criticize is that the Mechs don't seem to lumber. Anything that walks on feet sways, and anything that big does so in a lumbering manner. It looks weird that they don't.
    This. I love the game, probably get my buddies to play it but the mechs just "float" (the ones with legs) and the body should move with the steps. I know the mech with wheels run smoother, but the whole movement is off. Is there cockpit mode in this? Thanks great looking game.

Quote Originally Posted by P9G View Post
    Game looks interesting? What would be the pricing of this game?
    The game will be free of course. Just like every other OUYA game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Paine View Post
    Yup, we plan on adding in mech "bob" to give it more clunk.

Quote Originally Posted by jvaught89 View Post
    This game looks promising. I'm assuming it won't have a solo campaign though
    Sorry, the game will be online-only. We may have a Practice mode in the future so you can test out scenarios, but we don't have plans on adding single-player campaigns at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    This. I love the game, probably get my buddies to play it but the mechs just "float" (the ones with legs) and the body should move with the steps. I know the mech with wheels run smoother, but the whole movement is off. Is there cockpit mode in this? Thanks great looking game.
    We won't have a cockpit mode since the game really is a third person shooter, not a first person shooter (FPS). The core of the strategy of gameplay will be about positioning and countering your opponents, not so much about skill in aiming like other FPS games.

Free to try...how much to get the whole thing/unlock? Why hide the price...?

Looks like it might be a cool game, but if it's a pay-to-win game I'll pass.

We're following the same mechanics that League of Legends uses. We're going to have 2-3 mechs available free at all times and rotate them out with other mechs every week. That way players will have the chance to try before you buy. Each mech is unique with custom abilities, but you can always play the "trial" mechs if you want.

Also, we've spent an enormous amount of time balancing it evenly so that no one mech is better than another. Just a different play style. We really want to encourage competitive gameplay and very strongly agree that "Pay to Win" kills all real competitive games.

Quote Originally Posted by mobula View Post
    We're following the same mechanics that League of Legends uses. We're going to have 2-3 mechs available free at all times and rotate them out with other mechs every week. That way players will have the chance to try before you buy. Each mech is unique with custom abilities, but you can always play the "trial" mechs if you want.

Also, we've spent an enormous amount of time balancing it evenly so that no one mech is better than another. Just a different play style. We really want to encourage competitive gameplay and very strongly agree that "Pay to Win" kills all real competitive games.
    Can you provide screenshots or more videos? Game looks cool, but I can't get a true feel for the graphics and visuals because the video wasn't rendered in full 16:9 res. Looks awesome though