I was the one on twitter to co-sign this !! (:
Hi there, I just got my ouya to develop for it, so I figured I might as well start posting my devlog here as well I've been devlogging the development of Rocket Fist daily since february over at http://snddev.tumblr.com/
Rocket Fist is a local multiplayer arena party game with armless robots killing each other with rocket fists. The game plays as a frenetic mix of dodgeball and billiards, as the rocket fists bounce around a lot and players must plan their shots using the angles to hit each other while avoiding being hit.
Kind of an old video, but close enough xD
So... That is Rocket Fist, now also coming for Ouya I'll keep you guys posted here on this thread It'll be a long process but we'll get there, slow and steady.
I'd love to hear feedback, comments and suggestions \o
I was the one on twitter to co-sign this !! (:
<Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have
I'm going to look into how to make an APK this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to port post the pre-alpha version soon enough for you and whoever else is interested to test ^^
Meanwhile... Daily devlog!
Tonight I had 2 friends come over and try the game for the first time, we played for hours and that helped me further fine-tune some things and fix some bugs.
- Added Motion Blur thanks to Amplify Motion and it looks pretty cool/more fluid. I'm turning it off if the player boots the game in Fastest quality though. I'll have to make an options screen to turn those things on/off later on.
- When players lost all their lifes their revenge cards (ghost) wasn't spawning. Fixed that. Now if the ghost mode is turned on the revenge carts will spawn even if the player has no more lifes left.
- When there are only 2 players it's way better to have 1 extra weapon for them to fight for. However when you start playing the 4 players mode and you're down to only 2 players spawning due to the other 2 reaching 0 lifes there were only 2 rocket fists available. Fixed that so now if there are less than 4 players there will always be one extra rocket laying around
- Since I added “Hold Select or Tab to skip” last version I noticed that was showing up in several times that it shouldn't be showing up. Like On the winning screen of the draw (since there were no real players alive, it assumed you wanted to skip) or the winning screen when the AI wins. Now I fixed it so it doesn't appear in places it shouldn't.
- After finally trying the revenge card with other real players, I saw it was too slow and thus hard to hit players with. My friends weren't even using it. So I buffed it's speed a bit, now it's way faster to get ready to shoot and faster to charge, after the buff my friends started to use it more to annoy each other
- To give a better indication if you're charging your revenge cart or not I added extra charging particles that play while you're charging it.
Well, that's it for now it was nice having people over to playtest with today, it's so much easier to spot bugs/things to fix while seeing actual people playing this! Found a couple more things I wanted to change but will leave those for another day.
So… This weekend I took a break =x I really needed it. Played a bunch of Splatoon (That game is awesome!) and watched Sense8 (Sush a great show @[email protected] Netflix, you’ve done it again!).
Sunday I went over to the awesome Vancouver Twitch Meetup! Had a great time showing the game to the streamers
The game even appeared on the even’ts stream http://www.twitch.tv/expbar/b/667018429 at around 1 hour and 50 minutes
This is me showing Rocket Fist at the event last night, loved this Picture! Jeremy Lim is an awesome photographer!
This picture defines very well how people feel when playing Rocket Fist with friends, hahahahha, taken by Jeremy Lim while they were streaming Rocket Fist.
All in all, I had a great time and people seemed to enjoy the game ^^
So, today was another small task, instead of the art tasks I really should be doing, but at least I’m back to work
I made it so it fills the latest saved values for most of the settings there (so it’ll remember your preferences) except for the Quality and Fullscreen values, for those 2 I’m actually reading whatever the player used to start the game (picked on the unity settings). I’m using playerprefs for everything, whenever the player presses apply I read the values of the buttons and save them into the playerprefs. If the values for fullscreen, quality or volumes changed I apply them to change those instantly (So you see the result on the music and SFX instantly).
In other news, got the XSplit free Indie license and started setting up my scenes for devstreams Hoping to stream one night this week, probably thursday or friday as I’m going to an event on wednesday night and will probably be busy tuesday night.
I really should work on the art for the greenlight trailer this week. I need to make a lot more level art to show variation on the trailer D: So I'll probably be streaming some art.
Any news on this one? Would love this on ForgeTV.
Regardless of online play, I'm looking forward to more on this
Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...