Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

New OUYA Store: Featured & Trending make an appearance

Just noticed the OUYA store has been updated. Now has a "Featured" and a "Trending" section as well as the mysteriously named "Sandbox" section. The store has been cleared of games (presumably in preparation for the approvals process), so for now, it's hard to see how these sections are actually working

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the idea of a "trending" section. Anything that promotes material based on popularity will just lead to the same sort of discoverability problems that Top Downloaded and Top Grossing on the various app stores does
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Very interesting. I too wonder what the sandbox will be... Could it be something where games that are flagged for whatever reason go to?
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

1 members found this post helpful.
    Absolutely right about the Trending. Popularity is almost always the LAST way to judge a game. It winds up being too much Lowest Common Denominator in that case.

I don't mind a trending. It's helped me find a good amount of games. However it should be balanced with a "new" section as well.

yea as long as its not top heavy with just the most popular than i'll be ok with it

I don't get it...why don't you want there to be a section with the games that are so good that tons of people like them? Do you not want to play games that are good?

I think he's afraid that there ar eonly games that are too "Mainstream"

Nice!

If I recall correctly, the OUYA team stated some time ago that there was going to be a system in place to discover games, based not only on downloads but on more variables like play time, the number of times players return to that game, frequency of play sessions, etc. So I guess taht's what the "Trending" section is about.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedhatter View Post
    Absolutely right about the Trending. Popularity is almost always the LAST way to judge a game. It winds up being too much Lowest Common Denominator in that case.
    What's wrong with Sliding Tiles to Reveal Boobies 2™?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinice View Post
    Nice!

If I recall correctly, the OUYA team stated some time ago that there was going to be a system in place to discover games, based not only on downloads but on more variables like play time, the number of times players return to that game, frequency of play sessions, etc. So I guess taht's what the "Trending" section is about.
    Absolutely. "Trending" could include most talked about games. Assuming Ouya.tv will have a community section like Steam's Game Hubs