Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

OUYA News & Reviews Site?

I am considering creating a section of the site here at OUYAForum.com for Reviews of Games as well as OUYA News. I am wondering what the interest would be in something like this and if anyone would be interested in volunteering to write.

Let's hear your feedback

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

sounds great!

For your information I ran the OnLiveFans.com News site. I wrote the majority of the articles there. You can read them at: http://onlivefans.com/news/
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I am aware. its a shame to see the site be rebranded.

I would definitely be interested in seeing this, but wouldn't have the time to write.

I don't think you'd have a lack of interest in regards to the review of games, but the quality of your volunteers would make or break your review page... For example, i wouldn't mind being a game reviewer as the OUYA universe has me absolutely buzzing with glee, but at the same time, I am not experienced in game review

That's a GOOD thing!

I'm a reviewer ....but sadly my "english language level" is too low to write a decent review. So, I can't help here...

At last, I'll be able to write my reviews in italian language, for the Virtual Inn site.

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

I think it's a bit early still for this. Is there something to discuss every day? Maybe, but often it is discussing an article or point raised on another site, so in that context, I think it'd be better to have ouyaforum as a place where people can discuss news and reviews from other sources, rather than generating its own content. More like an aggregator
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    I think it's a bit early still for this. Is there something to discuss every day? Maybe, but often it is discussing an article or point raised on another site, so in that context, I think it'd be better to have ouyaforum as a place where people can discuss news and reviews from other sources, rather than generating its own content. More like an aggregator
    Disagree. I would much rather come here to read a review than go somewhere else and then come back here to talk about it. I don't think there is any harm in creating your own content.

I kinda like the idea of an impartial news and reviews site dedicated to the OUYA alone. Disclaimer: I'm a bit of an idealist.

Speaking as someone who runs a forums AND news, tutorials, etc community site (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/) you must first make sure you have committed set of individuals to accomplish this successfully. Or... have quite a bit of spare time to commit solely to seeking out stories and writing them up yourself.

I've found that the majority of the news posting on my site falls upon me simply because most of my community would rather consume it from the website than to produce it. That said, the OUYA community may be different, you'll have to determine that yourself of course.

All that said, its worth a try I think and vBulletin is definitely up to the task of such a site.
    Developer: Red Ant Games (www.redantgames.com)
    Subject 33 coming soon!
    Community Leader: Pascal Game Development (www.pascalgamedevelopment.com)