Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rage Runner, Poll for Obstacle Creation

Hey everyone, I'm Jake from Hypercane Studios, I'm the 3d artist for our small indie company. I
    have finally wrapped up the major stuff I needed to get done before Rage Runner launches on OUYA.
    Today I turn my attention to the community looking for any, and all feedback on our level editor. Over
    the next week I will be gathering feedback from the community of 10 different forums on what types
    of obstacles you would like in our level editor.
    After that week of gathering feedback ill take the top
    obstacle ideas, and run a poll for everyone to vote on. Then I'll take the top polled obstacles and get
    them ready for when the game goes live. Below are some basic things to keep in mind when giving us

1. We are looking for what you yourself would want at your finger tips when designing a level in our
    editor.(keep in mind we have the basic stuff like square boxes, rectangles etc....)

2. We are looking for more animation obstacle ideas,(example, spikes closing and opening.)

3. If you have texture ideas for the obstacle you suggest, please leave that feedback also.

4. I plan on doing at least 5 new obstacles for this, but if they are simple enough possibly more.

5. Anything is possible!

Here's a example of a obstacle request I received last week ,they wanted a air duct type of obstacle
    that people could fly into.

Link to video of how the level editor works below

Last edited by Hypercane; 02-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.

This may qualify as too difficult, but maybe something like a teleporter gate. It rotates through red, empty, and green. If you pass through it when its Red, it sets you back X meters, if you pass through green you get to jump ahead X meters. Empty results in nothing.

Very interesting idea, ill get back to you on that one.

Not obstacle-related

Is there only 1 aircraft? Or are there more? Or can you select the color of the ship?

Obstacle related (sort of)

How about a warp thingy (ball or orb)?... Let me throw in an example:

There's an unbreakable wall up ahead. You can't destroy it with anything. The only way to get through the wall is if you use a warp thingy so that you can warp to the other side of the unbreakable wall. Of course, if you fail to get the warp thingy, you lose.

I don't know.... Random idea lmao

Not an obstacle, but I'd love to see forking paths in the game.

alien parasite infestation-like obstacles would be nice too

Quote Originally Posted by oO Flowzilla Oo View Post
    Not obstacle-related

Is there only 1 aircraft? Or are there more? Or can you select the color of the ship?

Obstacle related (sort of)

How about a warp thingy (ball or orb)?... Let me throw in an example:

There's an unbreakable wall up ahead. You can't destroy it with anything. The only way to get through the wall is if you use a warp thingy so that you can warp to the other side of the unbreakable wall. Of course, if you fail to get the warp thingy, you lose.

I don't know.... Random idea lmao
    Right now there's only one ship, but my hopes are to have more models you can win and textures. Right now though my main focus is on obstacles that you can win through the game to add to your collection for building. We have talked about the warp power up before, ill bring it back up to my brother and see what his thoughts are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Mcslay View Post

There are ways to fork out your path in the game, in fact we have a couple of the upper levels built like that already, I like the alien parasite idea though, ill have to think on that a bit to see if I can incorporate it some how on some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Mcslay View Post

There are ways to fork out your path in the game, in fact we have a couple of the upper levels built like that already, I like the alien parasite idea though, ill have to think on that a bit to see if I can incorporate it some how on some areas.

Not to borrow too heavily from Super Nintendo (and perhaps you've already implemented this), but do you have any objects that move based on which way an arrow is pointing, and shooting the object flips the arrow?

Haven't done anything like that yet, but that's a very interesting idea! Ill have to get back to you on this one.