Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

OpenArena (3D shooter FPS)

OpenArena is a multiplayer 3D shooter, based on Quake 3 Arena.
    You can install it from the Ouya store, or from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lib...les/OpenArena/ (sources are there as well).
    Google Play page with screenshots, videos and reviews: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....openarena.sdl

Edit: Ouya does not support touchpad inputs usable in the game, maybe it will support them in the future.
    Last edited by pelya; 02-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Any news from the developers of this if it will be ported to the Ouya store?

OUYA Devotee

Re: OpenArena (3D shooter FPS)

I've been working on it. I didn't originally make it, just trying to port. Needs some work to make it a good Ouya game.

Banned
    I would love you Gamesboro... Quake is one of my favorite engines!

I've sideloaded OpenMisery.apk and it runs quite well if you turn on simple pickups and turn the gfx down a bit. I played online and got owned by pc players though

OUYA Devotee

I'm attempting to make the servers ouya exclusive, or at least make it android exclusive as it already is in the version I'm porting to avoid that.

Banned
    Would you be working to implement spearmint for multiplayer split screen on a local console?

I usually just jam with the open misery version. Love owning PC players with a controller.

About the only thing killing me is that on a few maps the framerate does this jittering issue (not framerate related), the same type of jittering you see in that zombie arena (blood clone) on the ouya store.

I hope framerates could improve a bit without having to adjust the graphics settings. For whatever reason its using openGL ES 1.1 as the rendering instead of 2.0. From what I understand is that the tegra 3 uses a emulation type of deal (converting openGL 1.1 calls into openGL 2.0 calls) for anything below 2.0 for backwards compatability, and its this conversion of graphics calls that cause a big performance hit vs using 2.0. Hopefully this can get looked into.

So far the only downfall to open misery version is that you can't use the mouse to look around, because of the way android handles mouse input, meaning once the pointer reaches the edge of the screen it wont accept any further input in that direction (meaning it has a fixed Max coordinate for each direction), there's a few versions of open arena that uses root to bypass this limitation to capture the raw data from the mouse input.
    Last edited by madmax2069; 07-16-2013 at 05:45 PM.

OUYA Devotee
    I wish timmy, that is out of my league.

Banned

Me too! XD

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2