Close
Advertise Here

Zebs Tale - A Zombie Story - Create Jam Entrance

Game Background:
    Zeb's Tale is a game about a zombie child named Zeb,he is the only child zombie in the world, all other children who have been infected haven't survived. With being the only child zombie Zeb has the ability to run and jump, an ability the older zombies don't have. Due to this the elder zombies have decided to send Zeb on a quest, a quest to find the cure to the infection and save all zombie kind!

Gameplay
    3D platform influenced by Nintendo 64 classics Banjo Kazooie, Zelda and Mario 64. This game will have open levels and puzzles to solve which will reward you with items that help you progress past levels and unlock new ones. You will be able to run, jump. smash, slam and move objects to reach the end of the game.

ScreenShot1.jpgScreenShot2.jpgScreenShot3.jpg

Included In The Prototype
    A sample level that includes 3 keys to collect and 100 coins (optional to finsh). The aim is to open the door in the middle of the level and pass through.

Things We Wanted To Include (But ran out of time to do)
    The main character model was being worked on but we ran out of time to finish it.
    Enemies, we have attack buttons all set up but no one to fight! It's all right though, you can use those attacks to good use somewhere in the level

Controls
    Left Stick - Walk/Run
    D Pad - Change camera distance/height
    L Button/R Button (Held down) - Move camera behind Zeb
    O - Jump/Double Jump
    U (while in air) - Smash Attack
    U - Action button (Pickup/drop object, Talk/give)
    Y - Throw brains
    A - Attack (punch, triple punch, run attack, jump attack)

About the Developers
    I am a long time gamer, long time developer but first time game developer. Have always toyed with the idea of developing a game but never really came of anything. When my brother Nick backed the OUYA in the KickStarter we decided to give making a game a go. I started learning Unity but never really got far until this jam was announced, then things got serious. With a new game idea I started coding and Nick started modelling, we have learnt a lot (mainly that there is a lot of work in game development) but it's been worth it, I'm very proud of our first effort, and hope to build on this in the future.

ZebsTale.apk
    Last edited by SamJ; 01-24-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter! - @Sam_Jessop

Video inserted. Bit upset about the main character, he looks more like a mini hulk than a zombie lol. Oh well, if only we had more time Next time the main character will be the first thing worked on.

Just adding the newer apk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow Sam, I love it. I didn't realize that one of our moderators was so talented
    Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Thank you Eddie, I'm trying my best. Lots learnt from this project so I know what I need to get better at to make better games in the future.

I just read that the OUYA doesn't like lots of particle effects close to the camera and I use them on footsteps. Could someone test this on an OUYA for me and let me if it runs smoothly?? Please!

Super Moderator
    I am a Zebs Tale expert, two test two victorys lol. The particles didnt seem to bother it at all. At this point in time your not going crazy with graphics so I think your good.
    Cranial Shift: Galaxies is now on Facebook. Mobile coming soon
    Upcoming Games: Duck Duck Boom(Mobile), Product 7(PS4 Hopefully), Hacker(Hololens Windows 10) (Names subject to change)

Your going in the credit Broner Lead Tester

Looks like good progress in such a short time Sam, keep it up

Yeah progress will slow down now. Had a very lazy weekend, was good. People with regular jobs shouldn't enter these competitions, I didn't get much sleep over the 10 days.

http://killscreendaily.com/create/vi...bmissionID=140

Go like or tweet about Zebs Tale and help a forum member out! I'll like/tweet about your game if you submitted one back