PDA

View Full Version : Wiimotes in OUYA

pixjuegos
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi!

I found out that OUYA almost uses supports Wiimotes already!

Connect to your OUYA through ADB, and then:
adb shell
su
wminput -d -q -r -w &
exit

Press 1+2 in your Wiimote! :D

knave
02-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a fun tech proof of concept, but how is the functionality of the wiimote? do you set up a sensorbar and use it as a mouse? does it work in games?

I might have to try this...if it works like a wiimote...

...but I'm a bit skeptical. Somewhere I do have a stand alone wireless sensorbar.

LightyKD
02-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Hi!

I found out that OUYA almost uses supports Wiimotes already!

Connect to your OUYA through ADB, and then:
adb shell
su
wminput -d -q -r -w &
exit

Press 1+2 in your Wiimote! :D

Tell me MORE! What have you used with your Wii Remote on your OUYA so far?

spinal
02-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Does this need to be done every time you power your OUYA/Wiimote?

pixjuegos
02-17-2014, 01:35 PM
@Knave: I couldn't make the sensorbar work for some reason. It worked like a gamepad though.
@LightyKD: It works with any game using the standard Android joystick interface
@spinar: Yes. It surely can be automatized, but I don't know how.

It was just a really interesting test. Luckily the OUYA team will give support for it! They almost got it! :D

ClashTheBunny
02-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info!

It works for me with my classic wiimotes, but as with the dolphin-emu project and others, the new -TR wiimotes don't pair.

So far, the mapping seems to be:

OUYA Controller
WiiMote

D-Pad
D-Pad

O
A

A
B

U

Y

OUYA Button
Home Button

I'm still testing to see if we can get the nunchucks working, anybody else have any luck?

spinal
02-25-2014, 08:18 PM
The classic controller seems to work a little. Either the d-pad is a bid choosey about when it likes to work or my classic controller is on its way out.

Manaurys
02-25-2014, 11:36 PM
I don't think we getting official support any time soon or never http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/uzubumub.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

LightyKD
02-26-2014, 05:01 AM
I don't think we getting official support any time soon or never http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/uzubumub.jpg

Thats kind of a odd response from OUYA Inc, considering that the 360 and PS3 controllers are fairly supported.

Manaurys
02-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Thats kind of a odd response from OUYA Inc, considering that the 360 and PS3 controllers are fairly supported.

Yes but i think the difference is that is android and developers itself who gave support to those controllers and not ouya

carpmandanw
02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
They also work within certain emu's too, for example MD.emu and they work really well on this.

Eldon.McGuinness
02-19-2015, 04:03 AM
If anyone is interested I write an init.d script that will keep 4 daemons open, apparently you need one per controller you want to connect.

[ OUYA Wiimote Startup Script via Progressivethink.in (http://progressivethink.in/on/ouya/and/ouya-wiimote-startup-script/) ]