PDA

View Full Version : App converting controller input to touch screen input - possible?

Tom-Awsm
07-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I haven't tried sideloading many games yet (just one, which had no controller support), nor do I have much technical know-how. But it seems to me that if someone were to make an app that played sideloaded games and automatically converted controller input to touch screen input, that that would make most games in the appstore instantly playable.

So... Is it possible? Is it feasible? Can someone make it RIGHT NAO!?!?!?

Justin Cobb
07-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Try tincore key mapper. Just started using it, but it's similar to the sixaxis app. You create a touch profile that maps to the controller buttons.

XanXic
07-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Also GameKeyboard does that. Tincore requires you Root your console to work at all. Gamekeyboard requires you to root as well but only for making it touch gestures. It can convert your inputs into xperia inputs without requiring root. So some games may be able to work with that because some games have only xperia controller support and no other controllers.

Tom-Awsm
07-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've been able to sideload GameKeyboard, but I don't understand how to "activate" it while in a game. Help?

EDIT: Nevermind about the activating, what I can't seem to do is map the buttons correctly. Is anyone using this already and can share their profile?

SlingShot
07-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I have a feeling that this is what gamepop will be doing by default. From what I have read from devs is that it will require no extra coding on their side to get their games on gamepop. The problem with this of course is that .. we get phone games .. and thats about it.

Tom-Awsm
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Bump for help with configuring GameKeyboard.

timmytot666
07-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I've been using USB/BT Joystick Center, it automatically detects your controllers and has TONS of mapping abilities (need root for touch) You can also set your controllers to have special navigation for your other apps. It also has support for multiple controllers (I'll be using it for multiple wired controllers and my ouya controller.) You have to set a button to configure your touch menu but beyond that point using the touchpad makes it pretty easy. As for your request

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XmfFCn1HU8 How to setup gamekeyboard.

Tom-Awsm
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, timmy, but that video doesn't do much towards setting it up on the OUYA. Might give USB/BT Joystick Center a try, does it need root for both to and from touch?

timmytot666
07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Only to touch I believe. Also I am sorry I couldn't help you more with the other app as I'm not familiar with it xD