PDA

View Full Version : getIntrinsicWidth() and getIntrinsicHeight() return doubled values

zeha
07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Hello,

I tried to run our game on Ouya which is written in plain Android SDK Java, and when loading the graphics, we use getIntrinsicWidth() and getIntrinsicHeight() to determine the pixel-size of that image. However, it always returns twice the amount on the Ouya. For example, if a graphic has 32x32 pixels, both functions return 64 instead of 32.

Any idea why this is the case?

zeha
07-09-2013, 06:24 AM
...so I guess no one is using the standard android sdk then?

DrunkPunk
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Probably a good bet that most are using the ODK to get things optimized for the Ouya a tad better.

Juggle
07-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Hmmm, I don't think the ODK would even come into play on that kind of thing. It's really just support for controllers, purchases and storing game data. Pretty much everything else is plain vanilla ADK.

However all I've done so far is with libGDX so I haven't gone low level enough to deal with those functions. I haven't heard of any other similar issues though. I'd suggest posting on the official Ouya Dev forums to see if anyone with more experience or from Ouya has any insight: http://forums.ouya.tv/

zeha
07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Yes that might be a good idea, so I just asked the same question there. And yes @DrunkPunk, that has nothing to do with the ODK, the ODK is just a small addition to the standard Android SDK, not an alternative.