PDA

View Full Version : can somebody explain how DHL shipping works?

nizzy
05-09-2013, 02:16 PM
back on 5/3 i got an email from ouya saying that DHL was going to ship off my console and i'd get it in 2 weeks.
it said in 24-48 hours i'd be able to see the tracking info on their site.
it's been days at this point and i'm still not seeing anything on their site.
has anybody else experienced this?

Eddie K
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Try using your tracking number on the USPS website. If that doesn't work, try UPS or Fedex. DHL sometimes transfers shipments to other companies, thus the tracking number you have might be for another delivery company.

Ed

phillyphill
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
The tracking number is for USPS. You won't see any movement until it gets the the us. And it won't be up to date.

nizzy
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
where are these things being manufactured? i thought they were being made in the US.

BlackCrackerStudios
05-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Pretty sure its all hong kong.

bagheadinc
05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
can somebody explain how DHL shipping works?Poorly. ;)

Mgnu
05-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Poorly. ;)

+1. It took 5 business days (including a weekend in between) for DHL to even become aware of the tracking number Ouya gave me in my shipment email. From appearances, it did not show up in their system until it hit US shores. Compton to be precise. Ghetto fabulous!

Duetschbag
05-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Poorly. ;)

Definitely the funniest thing I've heard all week!

I hate when Newegg uses DHL... the tracking doesn't update until after I have the order in my hands!

nizzy
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM
so they ship to DHL only for DHL to pass it off to UPS? what kind of foolery is this?

RiotingSpectre
05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
what kind of foolery is this?

The human race.

kingami
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
back on 5/3 i got an email from ouya saying that DHL was going to ship off my console and i'd get it in 2 weeks.
it said in 24-48 hours i'd be able to see the tracking info on their site.
it's been days at this point and i'm still not seeing anything on their site.
has anybody else experienced this?

What everyone needs to realize is that DHL, (as well as UPS), is a USPS "Shipping Partner" that means DHL is only shipping for the Postal Service and you should receive your Ouya by mail.
This is why it's taking so long. Try using the USPS tracker on their website to locate your Ouya.
My Ouya should be delivered today, 5/6 according to the USPS website tracking info. so you should expect your Ouya 10+ days after receiving your "Ouya has shipped e-mail" even if your tracking info isn't updated.
I have often received packages long before the Postal Service has updated their tracking info. it is what you should expect from our postal service.
So hang on if it's shipped give it time and blame the USPS not Ouya!

Dreamzle
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
But what if both sites say that the tracking number doesn't exist in their system after a week? A friend of mine has a tracking number he got last Friday, DHL says "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again." while USPS says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." It's not about status never updating, it's about never getting a status in the first place.

phillyphill
05-09-2013, 05:37 PM
It may not show up on the website until he is about to get it. Tell him it may show some activity on Monday. He may even get it Monday.

kingami
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
But what if both sites say that the tracking number doesn't exist in their system after a week? A friend of mine has a tracking number he got last Friday, DHL says "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again." while USPS says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." It's not about status never updating, it's about never getting a status in the first place.

I received my Ouya delivered by the postal service and they never updated the tracking info. The USPS is lacking in their ability to provide current tracking info.
You should receive your Ouya in at least 10+ days after getting your shipping e-mail from Ouya.

Jahdoh
05-09-2013, 05:50 PM
At least you all have tracking numbers. If it's like this for those of you that have received tracking numbers, I don't see anyway I'll be receiving my Ouya by the end of the month.

AchillesPDX
05-09-2013, 06:15 PM
At least you all have tracking numbers. If it's like this for those of you that have received tracking numbers, I don't see anyway I'll be receiving my Ouya by the end of the month.

Yea, same here. I'm in Beaverton, Oregon, backer number 616 with an extra controller and I don't even have my PRE shipping email yet, let alone a tracking number.

DivinityCycle
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Honk honk for Oregon! I used to live in the Tron myself! My Ouya is supposed to ship to my office near Tualatin, though it's considered Portland for shipping purposes. I am backer 18,898 or something like that, and ALSO ordered an extra controller as well.
Wonder who will get emailed first?

Also, in general, the USPS is fairly inconsistent from location to location, but has been starved of funding, so I would say "expect delays!" unless your local office is awesome.

salvasaur
05-09-2013, 07:27 PM

That's the response you get when a shipping number can't be tracked because tracking it isn't offered on that shipment. I've ordered plenty of things online shipped via USPS and this has been the case.

Mgnu
05-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Your question was answered back in post #7 of this thread.

fireballs
05-10-2013, 11:22 PM
F Ouya, F DHL and F THE POST OFFICE.

My ouya has been in Compton for more than 3 days, which is 20 minutes from my house. The mail man has already been here so it will be at least 4+ days just to go the 10 miles. I called the usps to find out what's going on and the last told me that's what you get when you use the cheapest way to ship something. I told her that more than 4 days was crazy for 10 miles and she told me if the person sending it really was concerned about me getting it they would have paid a little more for more reliable service. F it now this piece of shot will be ensued when they come.

Just madness, I was one of the first thousand backers and live in the hot zone, California.

MGFanJay
05-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Try using your tracking number on the USPS website. If that doesn't work, try UPS or Fedex. DHL sometimes transfers shipments to other companies, thus the tracking number you have might be for another delivery company.

Ed
Thanks! I did that and found that my system is in New Jersey - not too terribly far from me, so I should be getting the system within the next week.

Juggle
05-11-2013, 07:25 AM
I got my tracking number on May 2nd. Didn't get any results on DHL or USPS until Monday when it showed up in Compton (I'm in Southwest AZ). Sat there until Thursday the 9th when it suddenly updated to "Out for delivery". I was home sick from work and was hyped I may get to play with it...but it never showed up :( This morning (the 10th) it updated to "Status not updated". Then just as I was about to make lunch the mailman showed up with it!

Still doesn't show anything on DHL...but USPS got the time about right on the updated "Delivered" status...and a bunch of intermediate steps it took suddenly showed up as well.

So even if the status doesn't change it is moving...USPS just sucks at updating their info.

markdeloura
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Thank you all for this thread. I got my "shipping" email on the 3rd and was getting antsy. Just checked the tracking number on USPS and lo and behold it works there (not the DHL site). It says my box is in NJ... so it's got some distance to go still. Good to know!