PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Frog - Fayju

Pages : [1] 2

fayju
04-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Amazing Frog on the OUYA -
It's a rag doll based, physics sandbox playground, only available on OUYA.
We are working hard to add new features and game modes and will be updating as often as we can in the lead up to June.
You can play in 2 player split screen CO-OP and we are testing out different competitive and cooperative gaming scenarios.
Should be releasing a video very soon, better still if you have one go download it on the OUYA.

Follow us on twitter @Fayju (http://www.twitter.com/fayju)
Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fayjugames)
Watch us on youTube (http://www.youtube.com/fayjugames)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/9047154096_e8b75c2a46_o.png

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8249/8622211214_1d04f69067_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8529/8621105575_442b393655_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8117/8621107409_7b476f14f1_z.jpg

Feckwagon
04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi all, I'm the other guy working on this game.
I'll add up some screenshots of some of the new bits we've built as they become more polished :)

Heres something I tweeted earlier, Our booth at GDC13 in game -

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8389/8622279800_7249eea779_o.jpg

elizabitcrusher
04-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Hello! These screenshots looks very quirky and fun and a little bit "off" (in a good way!). I also like that you're both posting about it—are there more to your team?
I look forward to actual video because I'll be curious about the music and sound design. What sort of music style are you considering?

RiotingSpectre
04-05-2013, 07:48 PM
The visuals remind me of Jet Grind(Set) Radio. I love it!

Knife Media Jack
04-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Feckwagon
04-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Hello! These screenshots looks very quirky and fun and a little bit "off" (in a good way!). I also like that you're both posting about it—are there more to your team?
I look forward to actual video because I'll be curious about the music and sound design. What sort of music style are you considering?

Thanks glad its in a good way :) We're currently a two man team, working on three big games. People have said we're crazy and I'm starting to agree!

We haven't spent a great deal of time/thought on music and sound yet, but its leaning towards cartoony funky stuff. I think in the end I'd like a little bit of everything, but we're open to thoughts/suggestions

Feckwagon
04-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi all, today I've been working on our heros secret base, a caravan.

We're planning on updating with a few new setups on friday, fingers crossed :D So you'll be able to see it in game then!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8118/8635213854_eeb3e37145_o.jpg

elizabitcrusher
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Ooooh! If you're not sure what you want to do in terms of music/sound, you should hit me up—and also check out music by Skittlegirl- we just met on this forum and her stuff is bad-ass.
Personally, I'd be happy to do music and/or sound for a game just to get experience. I'd say, when you're vegging out, check out our music and see if anything jumps out. Even if you don't find a fit with what we already have (both of our soundcloud pages have TONS of stuff), I know I'd be happy to try to whip up a demo idea or two.
It'd be a thrill and an honor to work on such a weird-o game. Super freaking cool.
Whatever you decide, I'll definitely check back in on this thread and give support and feedback!
My music: https://soundcloud.com/elizabitcrusher
Skittlegirl: https://soundcloud.com/skittlegirl

doctormorbis
04-27-2013, 09:47 PM
This is the stupidest game I have ever played. I LOVE it. Can't wait for updates.

Masaaki
04-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Loving those shadows!
Good work.

Outlander999
04-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Epic Win for this game XD

Feckwagon
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Ooooh! If you're not sure what you want to do in terms of music/sound, you should hit me up—and also check out music by Skittlegirl- we just met on this forum and her stuff is bad-ass.
Personally, I'd be happy to do music and/or sound for a game just to get experience. I'd say, when you're vegging out, check out our music and see if anything jumps out. Even if you don't find a fit with what we already have (both of our soundcloud pages have TONS of stuff), I know I'd be happy to try to whip up a demo idea or two.
It'd be a thrill and an honor to work on such a weird-o game. Super freaking cool.
Whatever you decide, I'll definitely check back in on this thread and give support and feedback!
My music: https://soundcloud.com/elizabitcrusher
Skittlegirl: https://soundcloud.com/skittlegirl

Hi Elizabeth, sorry for lateness. Been working extra hard to put some more modes in before our next update.

You've both got some awesome tracks. Your 'video game music ideas' are conjuring up all kinds of awesome game ideas.
I'm not sure how much time we'll have to get music into this game at the moment, but I'm bookmarking your site and will keep you in mind.
Hopefully we'll have a few more games in production soon :)

And thanks for the kind words everyone!!! I'll be sure to keep checking back here often (slipped a bit while I was busy toiling). We're currently trying to add two more modes, an intro cutscene and framerate improvement for the first update.

Feckwagon
05-08-2013, 11:50 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7444/9045178687_9da8b9a8be_o.jpg

Heres a shot of some of the new stuff we're trying to get in there :)

Parker Delponte
05-23-2013, 04:34 AM
This is the stupidest game I have ever played. I LOVE it. Can't wait for updates.

This is exactly my thoughts

Feckwagon
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Its always nice to hear when people other than us like the game :)

Today we've fixed up the wheelie bin physics (so now its easy to push your friends around it in) and currently adding the trucks into the traffic system.
Watch out for theses ones though as there is no stopping a truck!! I think...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3806/9047403196_dd4e45c0c1_o.jpg

Feckwagon
06-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey everyone, we've put out an update for amazing frog! Its mainly shader tweaks and optimisations but I'll make a quick list of what we added for our E3 update. (I dropped the ball and forgot to update the in-game change log)

New controls - jumping and standing up are now on different buttons (the jump button should still give slight boosts while in ragdoll to avoid getting stuck) Also the up and down camera movement no longer locks to a smaller limit after pushing the focus/zoom camera button.

Support for more controller types - ps3 (fingers crossed) and xbox

Added an extra push while in ragdoll for better in air control and to help avoid getting stuck on/in things.

sound effect tweaks on footsteps (wetter), boom boxes (lowered the volume a little) plus sounds for the trampolines and mattresses. There is also a chance that cheeky frog might break wind while idle or when picking himself up.

New frog shaders to make it easier to see when you are behind objects or chasing your friends.

Added Amazing frogs secret base (the caravan with his own favourite console inside)

Working cannons, aim and then fire with the jump button. (I'm thinking we need to hold and charge for extra power - next update) walk up to the back of the cannon to enter (still some glitches here but we'll get it fixed for the next update).

footballs(soccer balls) to kick about/trip on + giant beach ball.

trucks now travel up the main roads, watch out or you might get hit (we'll put out a hot fix asap, but it seems the traffic stops appearing after a while)

Improved fan functionality, you can now get sucked in from behind and spun about.

Improved trampoline functionality, no more hovering above it.

Super improved wheelie bins, friends can now easily push you around if you're riding inside.

New hidden wearable crown. Get hit by a second player and it falls off, fight to be the king of frog town!

hidden fruit for no reason, eventually items like these will be inside the breakable boxes and crates.

Improved invisible walls to make it harder to escape into the void, though I believe its still possible (so have at it! I want to see some more videos of escapees)

New main Icon design

Diablohead
06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Just want to say that I bumped into some videos of this game in action and love stuff like this, it's funny and charming and looks really nice.

I'll make it one of the first things to try out when I get my ouya

Feckwagon
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Just want to say that I bumped into some videos of this game in action and love stuff like this, it's funny and charming and looks really nice.

I'll make it one of the first things to try out when I get my ouya

fayju
06-15-2013, 04:57 AM
Here is a video of us talking a little about Amazing Frog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8glYFfZk6A

Diablohead
06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
I just noticed that you based the level from an area in swindon, I used to live rather close to the magic roundabout and football stadium about 6 years ago while I attended college there.

Rather cool :P

Feckwagon
06-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I just noticed that you based the level from an area in swindon, I used to live rather close to the magic roundabout and football stadium about 6 years ago while I attended college there.

Rather cool :P

Ha :) its a small world! We'll have to add a magic roundabout based mini game at some point. Share the swindon madness!

Diablohead
06-17-2013, 01:26 PM
More frog launching the better!

If you are still adding RC cars to the game then maybe you could have a small race around that area.

Feckwagon
06-20-2013, 10:51 AM
More frog launching the better!

If you are still adding RC cars to the game then maybe you could have a small race around that area.

Sounds like a plan, I'll add it to our list. Now to see how much we can get ready for official OUYA launch!

Feckwagon
06-22-2013, 03:16 PM
We recorded a video of us playing the 'E3' build, including our attempts to reach the blimp! Plus a look at the crown 'tag' mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0uk-JvS28

RKRigney
06-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey, Ryan Rigney from Utah Raptor Games (makers of FAST FAST LASER LASER) here! I played Amazing Frog for about an hour today with a friend, and we had an absolute blast. What a ridiculous game. We were really killing ourselves trying to get to the blimp, but it eventually devolved into playing tag with the crown.

I can't wait to see what you guys add next.

One thing I might note (that I'm sure you're aware of) is that it's a little too easy to get stuck in certain areas at the moment. I flip-flopped my way into the RV, for instance, and was stuck for about 3 minutes until I finally glitched out of a window.

I'm not even sure that you should address those issues. They sort of make the game funnier.

Diablohead
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Maybe a respawn button which only works if you are in ragdoll for a period of time? so it can't be abused to teleport and such.

Will finally be able to play this come tuesday, it's novelty games like this I like the most about the ouya right now.

fayju
06-23-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm not even sure that you should address those issues. They sort of make the game funnier.
We come across issues while we are playing it, like how the frog used to get stuck in the court room wall, the thing is with physics games of this nature is its very hard to predict every outcome, but when we do see issues we try and resolve as best we can, will check that area again for sure.
we will certainly be adding more game play modes the crown worked well for two player and could also do with some improvements.
Also we have a lot of new content to go in, like vehicles, things to pick up or interact with. A lot will hang on the kind of "mission" system that we are integrating which should allow us t add lots of "things" to do more rapidly.

fayju
06-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Maybe a respawn button which only works if you are in ragdoll for a period of time? so it can't be abused to teleport and such.

Will finally be able to play this come tuesday, it's novelty games like this I like the most about the ouya right now.

Yeah we do need more options in game play for resetting and respawning, Hal suggested a system like they us in little big planet, where if you hold a button down it makes them explode and respawn.

rosse119
06-23-2013, 11:43 AM
I can't wait to play this and it's great that your evolving it still. When I saw Swindon on the hill like the Hollywood sign that made me laugh :D

XanXic
06-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Idk if this would sort of ruin what you have setup but it'd be cool if you did like the ragdoll control system that they had in Skate. Where you would be able to pull yourself into a ball or spread out or strike a pose. I think it'd add a bit more if you could like cannon ball yourself into your partner to ragdoll them. They had a few uses for it. You could ragdoll into a leaping kick to knock people out, cannonball to fall faster, and spread yourself out to slow down.

Also Flatout would be a good source for minigames I think. They had tons of ragdoll games that were a lot of fun. I'm not saying rip them off lol but it'd be good for inspiration maybe.

MX Woods3
06-24-2013, 12:28 AM
If you have yet to come up with a music idea, I think it would be cool if you had like a radio and have a bunch of different songs on it so the player can pick the song. That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

artnik
06-25-2013, 06:23 PM
This game is a lot of fun, and it's only going to get better. If you're a PS3 gamer who enjoyed "Pain" then it's very similar. I've talked with the developer and improved camera control is in the works. Definitely worth checking out.

WazMeister
06-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Me and wife loved this... Needs optimising ain't feels little lug sluggish, but mega fun. Can content be added like a 1 tap button to exit rag doll mode so we can run around easier? Maybe allow us in this mode to lift gas cans and build own area to jump on?... More player interaction? Let me carry wife and throw her in to gas cans we just built?

How are fart sounds made?

Love this game

twistedvivid
06-26-2013, 02:19 AM
If you have yet to come up with a music idea, I think it would be cool if you had like a radio and have a bunch of different songs on it so the player can pick the song. That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Custom music would be fantastic

and BTW this game is the greatest stupidest funniest game I have ever played

Feckwagon
06-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Sounds like a good plan, definitely something we want to include. We're working on the frog being able to carry the boombox around at the moment.

Me and wife loved this... Needs optimising ain't feels little lug sluggish, but mega fun. Can content be added like a 1 tap button to exit rag doll mode so we can run around easier? Maybe allow us in this mode to lift gas cans and build own area to jump on?... More player interaction? Let me carry wife and throw her in to gas cans we just built?

How are fart sounds made?

Love this game

Thanks! glad you guys enjoy it, it is best played with company. Carrying items is a key feature on our road map, fingers crossed we'll have this working in some way for the next update.
The farts happen every so often when pushing the stand up button, though sometimes it just seems to magically happen. Not sure if we should go all out and have little green clouds to waft about.

Custom music would be fantastic

and BTW this game is the greatest stupidest funniest game I have ever played

loading in a playlist would be cool, will see if its possible and add it to our list :)
Glad you're liking it, its awesome to here that people want to play the kinds of games we want to make!

Feckwagon
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to play this and it's great that your evolving it still. When I saw Swindon on the hill like the Hollywood sign that made me laugh

We want to keep on working on this long into the future, hopefully it'll evolve into a much bigger frog sandbox experience.
I needed to patch up that area of the map, and figured Swindon could do with some added hollywood style :)

Idk if this would sort of ruin what you have setup but it'd be cool if you did like the ragdoll control system that they had in Skate. Where you would be able to pull yourself into a ball or spread out or strike a pose. I think it'd add a bit more if you could like cannon ball yourself into your partner to ragdoll them. They had a few uses for it. You could ragdoll into a leaping kick to knock people out, cannonball to fall faster, and spread yourself out to slow down.

Also Flatout would be a good source for minigames I think. They had tons of ragdoll games that were a lot of fun. I'm not saying rip them off lol but it'd be good for inspiration maybe.

We had a pose system working in an earlier prototype, but in the end we liked how you can fluidly spin or flip the frog around into different shapes naturally. When the pickup system is working, holding heavy objects like swords will make you spin differently and with more force. Though I like the idea to be able to speed up and slow down while falling, could be very useful!

Misfit410
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't seem to get the game, I start to run and I fall down, and it takes a long time to get back up, in which I take another few steps and fall again...
something wrong with my setup? it looks like it would be fun if I could successfully run and initiate a good jump.

Feckwagon
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
I don't seem to get the game, I start to run and I fall down, and it takes a long time to get back up, in which I take another few steps and fall again...
something wrong with my setup? it looks like it would be fun if I could successfully run and initiate a good jump.

Amazing frog can be a very clumsy guy. Sometimes when he falls over you have to hit the jump buttons a few times to get him into a better position to stand up again.
If you get stuck in ragdoll doing this can occasionally give you a boost up or even make him fart. I think the frog should be a little easier to move about too though, its on our list of things to give him a slower walk/sneak. Hopefully that will help make it easier to navigate about.

Ender Wiggin Ksc
06-28-2013, 12:43 AM
grabbed this the day my ouya came, despite the alpha status my wife and i had fun messing with it for half an hour or so.

my 5 year old however loves the crap out of it. i think he played for 4 hours straight last night, howling with laughter every time his frog farted.

v1r7u41
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
This game is amazing. Please leave awkward controls and glitches. That is what makes it so ridicules. Only thing I want is more content. Different maps or bigger maps. Put in some more hard to reach secret spots (blimp). My friend and I just spent 4 straight hours playing this game. It's so amazingly bad in a good way. I would rather play this with friends than halo. I swear you made this game straight from my soul.

P.S. I spent about an hour of that time just sliding around on my frogs back or stomach. I could not stop laughing. Please don't fix that. I know it doesn't make sense but I love it.

WazMeister
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Post above is so true it hurts

Feckwagon
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
This game is amazing. Please leave awkward controls and glitches. That is what makes it so ridicules. Only thing I want is more content. Different maps or bigger maps. Put in some more hard to reach secret spots (blimp). My friend and I just spent 4 straight hours playing this game. It's so amazingly bad in a good way. I would rather play this with friends than halo. I swear you made this game straight from my soul.

P.S. I spent about an hour of that time just sliding around on my frogs back or stomach. I could not stop laughing. Please don't fix that. I know it doesn't make sense but I love it.

Post above is so true it hurts

Thanks glad to hear you're enjoying it :) and don't worry, we've fallen in love with the glitches too, thats why most of them are still in there ;)

Next update will have more stuff in the sky, plus you'll be able to bounce on the top of the blimp like a flying bouncy castle!!
Also the ability to pick up and throw things!

Timo
07-01-2013, 04:40 PM
The girlfriend was in hysterics playing this the other night. I should have taken a video, it was ridiculous. Although I do love the awkward controls, if we were able to control the walking directions better, it would make it mush more fun to be able to aim yourself through a fan your first try :p

WazMeister
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
How do we get on blip? Let us pick players up and lob them in barrels etc otoff buildings

MrDave
07-03-2013, 05:18 AM
My friend and I played it for 2 hours. Playing tag, trying to get highest score, who can get to blimp first, tall building first, who break the game first ( we did it hahaha), probably one of the funnest and silliest games I've played on the Ouya so far

miketrike
07-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Yeah, the game indeed has "character." Character makes a game fun, it's such a crazy game that I actually enjoy it. :)

Brian Cartwright
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
I think I remember seeing a trailer for other Ouya games the developers were working on? Any word when we can expect those?

Feckwagon
07-03-2013, 11:29 AM
The girlfriend was in hysterics playing this the other night. I should have taken a video, it was ridiculous. Although I do love the awkward controls, if we were able to control the walking directions better, it would make it mush more fun to be able to aim yourself through a fan your first try :p

Glad you both enjoyed it :) improved control is definitely on the to do list. Especially finer control like being able to take smaller steps. As long as he still trips up on everything we won't loose anything.

How do we get on blip? Let us pick players up and lob them in barrels etc otoff buildings

Theres a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0uk-JvS28&feature=share&list=PLujKqtIy0KDHSa_lcMwvSvVI4tK3N14PY) we put together on our techniques of how to get on the blimp. I'd love to see how others are getting there. I think the easiest way is to use the fan behind the multi story car park and then bounce on the trampoline in front of frog court.

Grabbing other players and lobbing them will hopefully be in the next update!

My friend and I played it for 2 hours. Playing tag, trying to get highest score, who can get to blimp first, tall building first, who break the game first ( we did it hahaha), probably one of the funnest and silliest games I've played on the Ouya so far

Awesome :) We'll be adding some more tricky places to get to in the next update. Making the blimp act like the bouncy castle(house) means you can get a lot higher!
I think breaking the game is part of the game now lol. We've been planning what easter eggs we can put in to reward those who can.

Yeah, the game indeed has "character." Character makes a game fun, it's such a crazy game that I actually enjoy it. :)

Thanks :) we've got lots planned, hopefully it doesn't get too crazy!

I think I remember seeing a trailer for other Ouya games the developers were working on? Any word when we can expect those?

We have no precise eta on our other games. We're a two man team so things can get shifted around a lot. However we'll be at Gamescom this August and plan to have our game 'Cascade' playable. Our other title, a shooter called 'Goldilocks and the 3000 bears' will most likely be out around the holiday season. Theres lots of new stuff we need to add to amazing frog first though :)

Mogalious
07-04-2013, 03:16 PM
hmm, quickly dismissed this game after downloading it.
I thought it was terrible. Reading all comments here and the ideas for updates and all made me decide to do give it a second chance.
Maybe I did "miss" something.
So redownloading right now and will give it some more time later tonight.

adanedhel728
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I don't get this game at all, but I love it. I guess that's kind of the point, haha.

This_is_EB
07-05-2013, 11:56 PM
This game is hilarious and too much fun. Awesome work! Can't wait for updates!

XanXic
07-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Same, would love some updates for this game. :D

hashtagbuttholes
07-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I saw that there was an update for the game today, so I went ahead and snatched that up. However, I think I'm too dumb to notice the changes. So, my question is, what are the changes?

Jonnyj1990
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Not ure why Kotaku bashed this game I actually thought for an admittedly unfinished title it definitely provided some solid entertainment for a little while. Trying to direct myself through fans to explosive barrels and fall onto the cannon to hopefully land in front of a truck haha . Definitely was entertaining . Do You guys know when the next updte for it will be out or even better when the Game is planned to be finished?

SwordLAAAA
07-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Haven't got my Ouya yet but when I do ill play this right away since it looks fun.

Feckwagon
07-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys :), We're working hard and we will be submitting the next update later today!!! (about time right!?)

We've got a load of bug fixes and improvements (including instant standup), the ability to pick up and throw some items (more coming soon), Basketball hoops, bouncy airships, changeable costumes!!!, another setup, an intro screen for expansion, the Ouya park trailer from E3 and much much more!

I saw that there was an update for the game today, so I went ahead and snatched that up. However, I think I'm too dumb to notice the changes. So, my question is, what are the changes?

I'll have to update it for version 1.2 when its out but we keep a change log for the game here -

http://www.fayju.com/blog/amazing-frog-change-log-for-ouya/

XanXic
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Awesome I'm going to bust out my Ouya for that update :D

I keep it in a development position so it's not easy to play stuff :P

Feckwagon
07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Awesome I'm going to bust out my Ouya for that update :D

I keep it in a development position so it's not easy to play stuff :P

Cheers! :) well I'll post as soon as it goes live, not sure how long it takes to get through onto the store.

rosse119
07-19-2013, 12:46 PM
How much does this game cost? Is actually free? can't find info anywere.

RiotingSpectre
07-19-2013, 12:47 PM
How much does this game cost? Is actually free? can't find info anywere.

Yes it's completely free.

rosse119
07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
OMG WOW! I need my Ouya even more now.

KensukeNL
07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi there, I just wanted to say how much my and my friend love this game! It's just such rediculous fun, playing tag wearing the crown or trying to see who can reach the blimp first.
I don't know if it is even possible but are there any plans to include something like a map editor to create custom maps? I know it's probably a long-shot but such a feature would be awesome.
Thanks for making this amazing game and I'm loking forward to see how this game will evolve!

Feckwagon
07-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Amazing frog fans are the most amazing fans :)

We hit some unexpected bugs at the last minute, but we're almost through them all now, will be submitting either tonight(sunday) or tomorrow depending on how it goes.

Hi there, I just wanted to say how much my and my friend love this game! It's just such rediculous fun, playing tag wearing the crown or trying to see who can reach the blimp first.
I don't know if it is even possible but are there any plans to include something like a map editor to create custom maps? I know it's probably a long-shot but such a feature would be awesome.
Thanks for making this amazing game and I'm loking forward to see how this game will evolve!
Thanks! its always good to hear when someone enjoys the game :)

We've been toying with the idea of letting people have their own customisable space, and the ability to move all of the objects around like the fans and barrels. Its definitely something I'd like to see in there as well!

Brian Cartwright
07-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Amazing frog fans are the most amazing fans :)

Well, it's easy to get enthused about such innovative weirdness. I read this thread and find out things that I haven't discovered yet in this bizarre little sandbox.

Nadious
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Got this yesterday.. It's rough around the edges, clunky, and frustrating to move around.... and strangely enough, I can't stop playing it. :D It works, belive it or not. It works great!

I do hope you allow for inverted camera axis, though. It's killing me to move around with the standard up is up and down is down. I have to add that my 17 month old little boy LOVES to watch this. He whimpers a little bit every time the frog hits something majorly, but then laughs when he gets up. I kept telling him the Frog is ok. LOL :)

Feckwagon
07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, it's easy to get enthused about such innovative weirdness. I read this thread and find out things that I haven't discovered yet in this bizarre little sandbox.

Well theres plenty more things to find in the new update, and lots more weirdness to come! Thanks :)

Got this yesterday.. It's rough around the edges, clunky, and frustrating to move around.... and strangely enough, I can't stop playing it. :D It works, belive it or not. It works great!

I do hope you allow for inverted camera axis, though. It's killing me to move around with the standard up is up and down is down. I have to add that my 17 month old little boy LOVES to watch this. He whimpers a little bit every time the frog hits something majorly, but then laughs when he gets up. I kept telling him the Frog is ok. LOL :)

Aww lol :) the frog is a super hero frog, he can't really be hurt :) If you push 'Up' on the d-pad that should invert the camera axis :)

RiotingSpectre
07-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi Feckwagon,

I've been playing your game almost religiously and while I love it; I have a feeling that it could be so much more than what it currently is. Not to say it's bad or anything, but I could possibly see this becoming a franchise and having Fajyu as a unofficial mascot for OUYA like Crash Bandicoot was for Playstation. He could be in a game that's like Ms. Splosionman in 3D space or something. Do you have plans to use this character in different games? And if so, what would be your ideal game for him be in?

We could use a Mario Party with funny characters, lol.

rosse119
07-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm looking forward to playing at the E3 stand in the coming update.

Feckwagon
07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi Feckwagon,

I've been playing your game almost religiously and while I love it; I have a feeling that it could be so much more than what it currently is. Not to say it's bad or anything, but I could possibly see this becoming a franchise and having Fajyu as a unofficial mascot for OUYA like Crash Bandicoot was for Playstation. He could be in a game that's like Ms. Splosionman in 3D space or something. Do you have plans to use this character in different games? And if so, what would be your ideal game for him be in?

We could use a Mario Party with funny characters, lol.

That would be an 'amazing' thing(no pun intended), to be a mascot of Ouya, perhaps one day! Thats a good question, I think rather than make separate games we'll add games within the game. We'll make it into a giant 'Amazing Frog?' game full of modes and adventures! I'd love to send the frog to the moon, or to a side scrolling platform world! I guess we will just keep developing it and see where it and the fans lead us :)

I'm looking forward to playing at the E3 stand in the coming update.

There are a few boxed Ouya around that can be collected together too :) when we get 4 player going maybe we'll have capture the flag with Ouya's!

XanXic
07-22-2013, 02:27 AM
So this is just an off the wall suggestion but I think would be fun. A tongue whip? Like you can shoot your tongue and it'd stick to what you hit and pull you towards it? Not only could you kind of grapple you could shoot your buddies with it. It'd be even funny if it didn't reel in automatically like you need to shoot it then slam U to reel it in. So you can only launch yourself as fast as you hit it. And then if you miss shooting your friend it's like a reload where you gotta reel it in off the floor.

lol idk. Like I said an odd suggestion for an odd game :D

And I noticed things like balls and objects aren't affected by trampolines and fans. Is this planned? I think it'd be more fun for setups if they are affected by that stuff.

Feckwagon
07-22-2013, 07:16 PM
So this is just an off the wall suggestion but I think would be fun. A tongue whip? Like you can shoot your tongue and it'd stick to what you hit and pull you towards it? Not only could you kind of grapple you could shoot your buddies with it. It'd be even funny if it didn't reel in automatically like you need to shoot it then slam U to reel it in. So you can only launch yourself as fast as you hit it. And then if you miss shooting your friend it's like a reload where you gotta reel it in off the floor.

lol idk. Like I said an odd suggestion for an odd game :D

And I noticed things like balls and objects aren't affected by trampolines and fans. Is this planned? I think it'd be more fun for setups if they are affected by that stuff.

I like your thinking! Gaz has been wanting to put in some kind of tongue grapple/elastic thing too, so it'll probably be in a future update :) I like your idea of reeling it in quick for speed.
I didn't realise objects weren't affected, but as of 1.2 they definitely are! The update is with Ouya at the moment, hopefully its all ok and with be live soon!

Feckwagon
07-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Update is live \:d/ version 1.2

jetmanuk
07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Nice update. More crazy fun. :)

czoom
07-22-2013, 11:54 PM
What was added in the update?

Add more randomness item easter eggs, hidden around the map that are useful or fun.

Paintball Guns
Skateboards
Roller Skates
Other Hats or clothing
Bikes
A big ramp lol

Maybe add the ability to slap your friend lol in 2 player mode.

Brian Cartwright
07-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Add more randomness item easter eggs, hidden around the map that are useful or fun.

This. A lot.

czoom
07-23-2013, 05:08 AM
I am temped to give $10 for development and my son wants the costumes in the Toilet.

Wondering are you guys going to be making new maps in future updates? As long as there are going to be some more maps and added on content in the future I have no problem giving $10 for development.

Moonlight
07-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Update is live \:d/ version 1.2
What are the contents of the update?

Feckwagon
07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys :) We'll be updating the change log shortly it can be found here - http://www.fayju.com/blog/amazing-frog-change-log-for-ouya/

Paintball Guns
Skateboards
Roller Skates
Other Hats or clothing
Bikes
A big ramp lol

Yes to all of this! in fact a lot of it is already in development :)

I am temped to give $10 for development and my son wants the costumes in the Toilet.

Wondering are you guys going to be making new maps in future updates? As long as there are going to be some more maps and added on content in the future I have no problem giving $10 for development.

Thank you for playing our game :), we plan on updating this game until it is huge, there is no finish line in sight for us! Our main focus at the moment is getting four player working, but we already have another set of outfits ready to be added (including accessories) and have several new modes planned (floor is lava...literally! Rc car racing, crossbow mode and loads more!....keeping the best few a secret) that we will be putting into the Swindon zone.
Building the location for the game was one of the most time consuming parts, we are only a two man team one artist and one developer. We will definitely be adding some more 'real world' locations in the future, need to decided where would be cool though :) Trafalgar square? The Eiffel tower? Ouya headquarters?

OnlineIM
07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
nice.. keep them coming!

RiotingSpectre
07-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Wow, that's one hell of a change-log. Good job, guys :)

rosse119
07-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys :) We'll be updating the change log shortly it can be found here - http://www.fayju.com/blog/amazing-frog-change-log-for-ouya/

Thank you for playing our game :), we plan on updating this game until it is huge, there is no finish line in sight for us! Our main focus at the moment is getting four player working, but we already have another set of outfits ready to be added (including accessories) and have several new modes planned (floor is lava...literally! Rc car racing, crossbow mode and loads more!....keeping the best few a secret) that we will be putting into the Swindon zone.
Building the location for the game was one of the most time consuming parts, we are only a two man team one artist and one developer. We will definitely be adding some more 'real world' locations in the future, need to decided where would be cool though :) Trafalgar square? The Eiffel tower? Ouya headquarters?

If you put a bit of Hull in it i'll love you forever lolz

Feckwagon
07-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Wow, that's one hell of a change-log. Good job, guys :)

That may have been the old change log, new one for 1.2 is now live - http://www.fayju.com/blog/amazing-frog-change-log-for-ouya/

If you put a bit of Hull in it i'll love you forever lolz

Haha well it could happen....

shaminy
07-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I think I have to redownload this game^^

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RiotingSpectre
07-23-2013, 03:06 PM
That may have been the old change log, new one for 1.2 is now live - http://www.fayju.com/blog/amazing-frog-change-log-for-ouya/

Mother of God... It's even better.

MCMLXXIII
07-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I found an OUYA In the large blue crate. Then I found acrown and got stuck getting into a lorry.
It's ridiculous.
I love it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

czoom
07-23-2013, 03:29 PM

Awesome, I just funded it for development.

Keep up the good work.

My son (Age 7) and his friend love this game. He is always asking me, "When are they going to make new levels?"

Trafalgar square? The Eiffel tower? Ouya headquarters? all sound like good ideas for new maps. Also maybe some non city maps would be easier to create from famous places around the world (Egyptian Pyramids, Stonehenge, ect, ect) funny to have trampolines, easter eggs and ramps in these places.

jetmanuk
07-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Keep up the good work.

My son and his friend love this game. He is always asking me, When are they going to make new levels.

Trafalgar square? The Eiffel tower? Ouya headquarters? all sound like good ideas for new maps.

Manchester and New York too!

I really like the latest update, with the intro the game now feels less tech demo-y and more 'game'. I think I will fund the development too. Its just a strangely compelling game to play. Not even tried the multiplayer yet.

My suggestions?
Scoreboard for best jump and overall score, both locallly and online and with name entry.
Improved muisc and sound effects. I really like the slappy walk sound though.

:)

RiotingSpectre
07-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a request that will fit perfectly with this weird and also awesome game.
The idea is to have our extremely photogenic Eddie Kra....ssen....st-Eddie K in your game as a sort of Easter egg. Just look at that gorgeous smile. It's like he eats nothing but toothpaste for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. How about posting his face on a billboard out in the distance? It will be make everybody who knows him and this forum laugh their asses off.
https://ouyaforum.com/image.php?u=1&dateline=1370982819

Grayson Crowell
07-23-2013, 10:35 PM
I love the update and the whole game really but when you pick things up it still counts as two entities which makes jumping on trampolines and mattresses slightly harder. For some reason it reminds me of all the fun games I played for ps2. I dont know if anybody else did but I noticed the very subtle product placement :). Keep up the good work.

Brian Cartwright
07-24-2013, 03:12 AM
I'd love to see some outfits which are shout-outs to the other Ouya juggernaut. Towerfall. Please let me run around like a loon dressed as The Last of the Order.

Feckwagon
07-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I found an OUYA In the large blue crate. Then I found acrown and got stuck getting into a lorry.
It's ridiculous.
I love it.

Awesome! Yeah we've noticed the crown can cause a few problems, working on a way of re-spawning for tricky situations at the moment

Keep up the good work.

My son (Age 7) and his friend love this game. He is always asking me, "When are they going to make new levels?"

Trafalgar square? The Eiffel tower? Ouya headquarters? all sound like good ideas for new maps. Also maybe some non city maps would be easier to create from famous places around the world (Egyptian Pyramids, Stonehenge, ect, ect) funny to have trampolines, easter eggs and ramps in these places.

Glad they're enjoying it :) Some non city maps is a great idea! Not sure why we hadn't thought of that yet. Maybe we could have an outdoor area that has both pyramids and stonehenge, some kind of vegas inspired playground area.

Manchester and New York too!

I really like the latest update, with the intro the game now feels less tech demo-y and more 'game'. I think I will fund the development too. Its just a strangely compelling game to play. Not even tried the multiplayer yet.

My suggestions?
Scoreboard for best jump and overall score, both locallly and online and with name entry.
Improved muisc and sound effects. I really like the slappy walk sound though.

:)

Cheers :) yeah it certainly has levelled up from a tech demo, and its only going to get better!
Good suggestions! A scoreboard is a must!

I have a request that will fit perfectly with this weird and also awesome game.
The idea is to have our extremely photogenic Eddie Kra....ssen....st-Eddie K in your game as a sort of Easter egg. Just look at that gorgeous smile. It's like he eats nothing but toothpaste for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. How about posting his face on a billboard out in the distance? It will be make everybody who knows him and this forum laugh their asses off.
https://ouyaforum.com/image.php?u=1&dateline=1370982819

Haha maybe!

I love the update and the whole game really but when you pick things up it still counts as two entities which makes jumping on trampolines and mattresses slightly harder. For some reason it reminds me of all the fun games I played for ps2. I dont know if anybody else did but I noticed the very subtle product placement :). Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I think we'll find a way to harness that, maybe carrying some objects could make you move differently, maybe even boost you!

I'd love to see some outfits which are shout-outs to the other Ouya juggernaut. Towerfall. Please let me run around like a loon dressed as The Last of the Order.

There are a couple of Towerfall easter eggs in there already ;) but I will add it to my list of costumes to make!

XanXic
07-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks! I think we'll find a way to harness that, maybe carrying some objects could make you move differently, maybe even boost you

Well you have to make the purple #1 glove that lets you fly to the moon. It's in all the posters and your avatar

Brian Cartwright
07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I see the Amazing Frog as the Yang to Super Meat Boy's Yin. Where SMB does anything to avoid death and peril he still dies thousands of time. TAF actively seeks peril but never dies. Two sides of the same coin. If there was anyway you could reach out to Team Meat and either license SMB (like they got tons of guest stars for their own game) either has a playable character for a nominal fee or nonplayable as he disapprovingly observes the proceedings.

I'd pay like $3 for SMB especially if he moved as fast as he does in his own game and makes the squish noise when he runs.

Sluup
07-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Needs new stages badly! Maybe some kind of water(fall?) stage where water plays a major role. You know, making each stage unique to its own element would be a really awesome experience. One with water, fire (lava), wind, gravity, explosion, slides, platform, weapons? The possibilities is so endless with this game! Keep up the awesome!

Feckwagon
07-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Well you have to make the purple #1 glove that lets you fly to the moon. It's in all the posters and your avatar
Hopefully if we get the accessories added to the toilet in the next update the glove will be there. I hadn't thought about giving it actual functionality like that though :) Could make for a good easter egg! Glove + cannon = portal to the moon!

I see the Amazing Frog as the Yang to Super Meat Boy's Yin. Where SMB does anything to avoid death and peril he still dies thousands of time. TAF actively seeks peril but never dies. Two sides of the same coin. If there was anyway you could reach out to Team Meat and either license SMB (like they got tons of guest stars for their own game) either has a playable character for a nominal fee or nonplayable as he disapprovingly observes the proceedings.

I'd pay like $3 for SMB especially if he moved as fast as he does in his own game and makes the squish noise when he runs.

Thats not out of the question, we're big fans of Team Meat at Fayju. If (when) we get big enough I'd love to sort that out!

Needs new stages badly! Maybe some kind of water(fall?) stage where water plays a major role. You know, making each stage unique to its own element would be a really awesome experience. One with water, fire (lava), wind, gravity, explosion, slides, platform, weapons? The possibilities is so endless with this game! Keep up the awesome!

Making areas is definitely the most time consuming part, we have a night version of the Swindon map that will hopefully be ready soon. You are right though, I'll be making some micro maps soon for a few modes we have planned. Four player crossbow action! Frogs 4 life!

Brian Cartwright
07-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Four player crossbow action! Frogs 4 life!

This started my day right. FRAWGS FO' LIFE!!

Feckwagon
07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
We're going to the moon!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3691/9390388585_0b3f4b4ddc_o.png

jetmanuk
07-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Ha. Look forward to this! Have you had a lot of sales so far? Hope so, this games deserves support.

XanXic
07-29-2013, 06:31 PM
So since your open to weird suggestions I got another one for you guys :P I was wondering about a like spinning mechanic. Like almost helicoptering. One of the things I do when I'm falling is spin in a circle and get going as fast as I can. I thought it would be funny if you could add momentum to that so you can spin really fast. There's some momentum in it already but not enough to be interesting :P And maybe it could sort of be the way to slow down when falling by spinning as fast as you can. I thought f you wanted to be insane about it you could actually mantain some air or float with it. Being a hum-err anthromorphic frog helicopter.

MCMLXXIII
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Fart mid jump takes you further.
Just sayin

rosse119
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Id like a cap with the propellor on the top that actually works, maybe jump for longer or glide due to the power of the copter lol. Played this tonight and its amazing! What does the extra $9.99 unlock?

-Post Were Merged. Please Use The Edit Button From Now On.-

Jake53
08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I'd like a refillable fart meter

rosse119
08-05-2013, 12:04 AM
I'd like explosive barrels to fire you much further

MCMLXXIII
08-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Played this tonight and its amazing! What does the extra $9.99 unlock?

You "unlock the toilet" so to speak and get customizable costumes

Feckwagon
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, sorry for the absence :) we've been hard at work making some new game play features.

Some great suggestions here, a 'fart boost' with fillable fart meter is something I've wanted too! (We had a ability like this in an early test version). And a propeller hat (go go gadget copter) would be hilarious! Maybe we need a gadget frog!

The idea behind the $9.99 is that its our 'buy all' button. Currently it unlocks a toilet that lets you switch your costume randomly. We'll be adding more outfits (with special abilities), costume selection, modes and locations that will require the toilet purchase to access. We may add them as separate small purchases for those who don't want all the content. But ALL paid content will be free to toilet owners :)

We really appreciate the amazing support we've had, you guys are great. Anyway, here are some teasers of the next update for those of you who didn't spot them on twitter :)

https://vine.co/v/hb6OIixUxPj
https://vine.co/v/hb6bXZ1ggUu

Jake53
08-07-2013, 04:05 AM
Also, can horizontal (2player) splitscreen be at the very least an option?

Brian Cartwright
08-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Hi everyone, sorry for the absence :) we've been hard at work making some new game play features.

Some great suggestions here, a 'fart boost' with fillable fart meter is something I've wanted too! (We had a ability like this in an early test version). And a propeller hat (go go gadget copter) would be hilarious! Maybe we need a gadget frog!

The idea behind the $9.99 is that its our 'buy all' button. Currently it unlocks a toilet that lets you switch your costume randomly. We'll be adding more outfits (with special abilities), costume selection, modes and locations that will require the toilet purchase to access. We may add them as separate small purchases for those who don't want all the content. But ALL paid content will be free to toilet owners :)

We really appreciate the amazing support we've had, you guys are great. Anyway, here are some teasers of the next update for those of you who didn't spot them on twitter :)

https://vine.co/v/hb6OIixUxPj
https://vine.co/v/hb6bXZ1ggUu

You guys are freaking amazing and this goes down as the only time in my gaming history where I am disappointed that my ability to microtransact is being limited. I thought that there would be periodic "rally calls" for cash like the toilet and I was cool with it. There was a ton of content that you put out there for free and when you added the toilet you added other stuff for free. Totally stand-up and awesome.

Can't wait to see the Goldilocks game. Maybe she could make a cameo other than posters and graffiti in the game? Maybe hit the Frog with a mallet that sends him flying further than the cannon?

rosse119
08-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Tongue swinging looks epic! I may have to buy the toilet then but currently I have a balance of $9, I just need 99c lol

This_is_EB
08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
So... this happened today after running into the toilet while carrying the boombox... I could not replicate it though. I super jumped somehow.. fell out of the map, kept running and eventually just started falling into grey-green oblivion haha. I was so high up that after i realized what was happening I got my phone out and took pictures.
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/EBzspeed3/Ouya%20Forum/IMG_4324.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/EBzspeed3/Ouya%20Forum/IMG_7525.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/EBzspeed3/Ouya%20Forum/IMG_4600.jpg

MCMLXXIII
08-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I have to try this trick

Feckwagon
08-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Also, can horizontal (2player) splitscreen be at the very least an option?

We're working on a settings menu, its something I want in there too :)

You guys are freaking amazing and this goes down as the only time in my gaming history where I am disappointed that my ability to microtransact is being limited. I thought that there would be periodic "rally calls" for cash like the toilet and I was cool with it. There was a ton of content that you put out there for free and when you added the toilet you added other stuff for free. Totally stand-up and awesome.

Can't wait to see the Goldilocks game. Maybe she could make a cameo other than posters and graffiti in the game? Maybe hit the Frog with a mallet that sends him flying further than the cannon?

Haha glad you like it that much, cheers!
We have some special plans for a cameo appearance of Goldilocks :) She'll be appearing closer to her game's launch. I like the sound of a mallet, I'm adding it to my list!

So... this happened today after running into the toilet while carrying the boombox... I could not replicate it though. I super jumped somehow.. fell out of the map, kept running and eventually just started falling into grey-green oblivion haha. I was so high up that after i realized what was happening I got my phone out and took pictures.

haha thats amazing!! I have no idea what would cause that (I will have to look into it), but I wanna try it!!! Super hidden glitch sky diving mode!!

....Also we've just added drivers and passengers into the cars. They're pretty much just cosmetic at the moment, but it was long overdue. Look of for super secret drivers!!

Jake53
08-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Have you (Fayju) discussed the free the games fund?

rosse119
08-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Please let the drivers be frogs lol.

This_is_EB
08-12-2013, 05:37 AM
I was super inspired tonight and feeling creative so I made this! Hope you guys like it!
I also wrote a small bit about how much I love the game and how awesome it is on my blog. :adoration:
http://ebzdesigns.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/amazingfrogweb.png

MCMLXXIII
08-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Can I have your permission to tweet that pi!? Nice job!

I like that pic so much I just had to give it some Thermobear, If it offends will gladly delete it if you disapprove.
I've not shared it anywhere and won't unless you say it's okay, I've stuck a big arrow to you on there.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/12/uma6atar.jpg

Feckwagon
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Have you (Fayju) discussed the free the games fund?

We're looking at our options yeah.

Please let the drivers be frogs lol.

Of course they are! :P Its all about them frogs!

I was super inspired tonight and feeling creative so I made this! Hope you guys like it!
I also wrote a small bit about how much I love the game and how awesome it is on my blog. :adoration:

Wow, awesome drawing! I love the expression in his eyes, captures the bat frog perfectly! I'll be using it as my new desktop wallpaper! Thanks :) :)

I like that pic so much I just had to give it some Thermobear

haha scary times!

Brian Cartwright
08-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Something I'd like to get and I think should be easy with some of the POD sites like Zazzle out there would be a bumper sticker that says "Product Placement" and has the Fayju logo like the trucks. I promise to put it beside my Frog Fractions sticker.

This_is_EB
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Wow, awesome drawing! I love the expression in his eyes, captures the bat frog perfectly! I'll be using it as my new desktop wallpaper! Thanks
I'm glad you guys like it! :) I didn't know if I should put like the Fayju logo or something, but if you want me to I can!!

I like that pic so much I just had to give it some Thermobear, If it offends will gladly delete it if you disapprove.
I've not shared it anywhere and won't unless you say it's okay, I've stuck a big arrow to you on there.
hahahahaha that's pretty funny. You can share it if you like, it doesn't bother me. Thanks for the big arrow LOL

Can I have your permission to tweet that pi!? Nice job!
Thanks! and GO FOR IT! hahah :)

MCMLXXIII
08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Nice. Thanks. Thermobear has Tweeted and Facebooked and hailed the best game on OUYA.
Something had to stop his Halo addiction.

rosse119
08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I actually think currently this is my favourite Ouya title so far, it's my 4 year old daughters fave too and my mate came round last night and we spent ages just tripping each other over and playing with the giant football on the blimp. I'm excited about the next update, when's it coming?

This_is_EB
08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Infinite big football bouncing on the Moon Bounce.

http://s755.photobucket.com/user/EBzspeed3/media/Ouya%20Forum/IMG_5855.mp4.html

Feckwagon
08-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I actually think currently this is my favourite Ouya title so far, it's my 4 year old daughters fave too and my mate came round last night and we spent ages just tripping each other over and playing with the giant football on the blimp. I'm excited about the next update, when's it coming?

We've been working on the update all week, everyday with the intention of "uploading it tomorrow". So err It'll be here in a few days :) We just keep wanting to add more!!

We're adding a vs mode, as well as improved aiming and throwing mechanics. So the controls have changed slightly. The 'Y' button now lets you pick and put down an object (paving the way for setting up your own levels). Plus lots more fixes, secrets and fun!

Infinite big football bouncing on the Moon Bounce.

http://s755.photobucket.com/user/EBzspeed3/media/Ouya%20Forum/IMG_5855.mp4.html

Thats amazing!! I have to go try that now!

XanXic
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
So idea. Powerups? Since your adding in a tongue whip/lash/spit thingy. What if there were flies floating around that when eaten provided powerups like no/low gravity, super jump, super speed, wall running/crawling, bouncy ragdoll, and other such stuff? It could provide a way to really mess with your physics engine but in a controlled way.

boredgamer
08-16-2013, 07:45 PM
I wish the frog could jump better, unless I'm doing something wrong. Still a novel game.

Elovator
08-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Just saying some ideas
1.Four-players (If you can do it)
2.Expansion on the city
3.A story (If you want)
4.More game modes (for example:race)
5.Character bios (different bios for the costumes)
Just some ideas do what you would like though.

rosse119
08-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Any news on this guys? Really excited

Razor Bladez
08-30-2013, 05:50 AM
This game is fun! I like it. Good job! :)

Feckwagon
09-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone :) we're still frogging on.
I'm still recovering from our booth at Gamescom, we had some great play testing of the new Vs mode.
Now we're taking what we've learnt and are putting it back into the game. No eta I'm afraid.

There is now a more accurate way of selecting your character, useful for the multiplayer modes (but don't worry the toilet still spits you out with a random costume as before).

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3800/9654199113_35537908bb_o.jpg
Along with this addition I've been slowly converting all the frog skins we have to a non symmetrical UV layout.
In short this means we can have frog skins that aren't mirrored, so we'll have a lot more interesting skins coming!
May even stick an ouya forum tee in there to show support :)

So idea. Powerups? Since your adding in a tongue whip/lash/spit thingy. What if there were flies floating around that when eaten provided powerups like no/low gravity, super jump, super speed, wall running/crawling, bouncy ragdoll, and other such stuff? It could provide a way to really mess with your physics engine but in a controlled way.
I've got the fly model made, just need need to get it in there. Could make for a good high score mode, eat as many as possible! Power ups would be awesome too! we'll have to see what we can do for Vs mode.

Just saying some ideas
1.Four-players (If you can do it)
2.Expansion on the city
3.A story (If you want)
4.More game modes (for example:race)
5.Character bios (different bios for the costumes)
Just some ideas do what you would like though.
These are all things we are planning :) its like you've read our minds :) or emails :s :P
We want to grow the game quickly, but not too fast that we loose its magic. I want more of swindon to roam around in there, and I know the OUYA can take it!

Elovator
09-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Hi I have a few more ideas and I wanted to show you this glitch I found.
Ideas
1.Be able to go inside buildings
2.A amazing frog doll as an accessory
3.Online play (but not for a loooong time)
4.NPC's (non-playable characters for those who don't know)
And this is the glitch I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZv1R2owOUs&feature=youtu.be
There is more you can explore I was just trying to show it. And if you go to far you start to fall in a bottomless pit.(p.s. sorry for bad quality)

DrDrew
09-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Great game! This distills gaming down to it's purest form - fun! Easy to pick up, enjoyable, and a great time with friends! I get lots of laughs out of this on when playing 2 players! I do have 2 suggestions that I haven't seen made already. One is to have an option to turn off the "instant collapse" when the frog runs into something. While it is funny, it is also frustrating. The second suggestion is to allow music to always play in the background instead of having to tote the boombox around everywhere. Nicely done!

rosse119
09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
I've thought of something id like for this, one of my favourite things to do jump in the bin and drive it around while inside it, could you make it a little quicker though and also interact with the exploding barrels and trampolines etc?

I hit a barrel several times and nothing happened then when my frog fell out it blew up, so would love this to be implemented as could have lots of fun flying around in that bin, also any thoughts on making it so a friend could push you around in it? Maybe if he presses the button to pick stuff up it could latch onto it and then he could push it around.

SwordLAAAA
09-23-2013, 12:23 AM
When is the new update?

rosse119
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
After seeing the new update on the Ouya video from Eurogamer expo I want it even more now.

Feckwagon
10-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for waiting sorry its been a while again, we've been super busy! And not just with the talk at Eurogamer! ;)
I've been building the sewer system underneath swindon, and right now Gaz is programming some Zombie frog behaviour! (tis the season!).

The next update will be out this month in time for halloween. We've done a massive overhaul to the lighting and shadow systems as well as fine tuning the weapons.
Its gotten to the stage where I can't remember whats 'new' and whats in the live version. It should be huge update! Just can't wait to get it to you guys.

Even when we don't get time to post we always check your comments here. We want to build the best game we can. All the feedback you give us helps us to do exactly that!

(we definitely need some NPCs in there! hopefully this zombie behaviours are the first step towards that. And we're talking with a musician, so hopefully we can have some more custom music to play through out the game)

Anyway I better get back to work, I've got a frog swimming pool to make!

Ornsack
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
an option to turn off the "instant collapse" when the frog runs into something

I'd like that too! Took me and my step daughter an eternity to clamber out of some debris last night ;)

Otherwise, great fun!

Feckwagon
10-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Its here!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/10477958945_99fed4763a_c.jpg

Amazing Frog update 1.3 is here! Just in time for halloween!
Faster, more attractive, more responsive, more agile, more competitive and a load more Amazing?!

This is our biggest update to date! With a major overhaul to frog movement, item interaction/throwing and menus. We've also added Vs modes playable in every environment for the more competitive types.

Take a midnight stroll or explore Swindon's sewer system and see what lurks within, a perfect place to challenge your friends this halloween.

The new pause mode lets you freeze time to see wants going on, change the time of day, activate Vs modes or even pick out the costume you want to wear.

And of course lots of hidden things to find and mess around with. Did I mention the crossbows?....I didn't, well they're in there too!

check out the trailer here - http://vimeo.com/78212611

As always we'd love to here what you'd like us to add. There are a few 'coming soon' areas that show a few of the things we're working on....
But anyway what are you reading this for go download the update!! :)

We'll update the change log as soon as we remember everything thats gone in there :)

Nadious
10-31-2013, 07:13 PM
I see it is time to fire this up... again. :)

Sluup
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
v(^_^v)♪ Aaawww yeeeaahhh!!! ♪(v^_^)v

Tyler Comtois
10-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Need a driver? Why not Zoidberg?

grantmoore3d
10-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Just tried the latest update, they really nailed the controls this time. And it runs WAY faster in general, much better frame rate. Good job Fayju team!

Nadious
11-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Just tried the latest update, they really nailed the controls this time. And it runs WAY faster in general, much better frame rate. Good job Fayju team!

Agreed. I noticed how much smoother it was and how much more responsive the frogs are. Really like how this is shaping up. I hope at some point they consider doing some 4 player in there, but may be hard to pull off, as the visuals in each window may be a little harder to see.

Jason D Barna
11-01-2013, 02:53 AM
I just tried (never played it before) ,and the graphics look better than the screenshots make it look ,and the controls feel nice ,but i just don't understand what i'm suppose to do. Maybe its because its the limited free version ,but the canon doesn't really feels like it sends you very far. i dunno maybe ill give it another try later

rosse119
11-01-2013, 03:34 PM
I just tried (never played it before) ,and the graphics look better than the screenshots make it look ,and the controls feel nice ,but i just don't understand what i'm suppose to do. Maybe its because its the limited free version ,but the canon doesn't really feels like it sends you very far. i dunno maybe ill give it another try later

The game doesn't really have an aim but just to have fun really, that's the charm of it.

Sluup
11-01-2013, 10:40 PM
My goal is the pink castle in the sky.

grantmoore3d
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
There's a pink castle in the sky!? Okay, I know what I'm going to be doing this afternoon...

rosse119
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Really? Which level?

Nadious
11-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Just a question: I'm sure it has probably been asked in this 15+ page thread at some point and time, but I don't recall reading it. Does this game require a connection to the Internet to play unlocked? I went to show it off yesterday and the place I was at didn't have any internet to connect too. I noticed at the title screen I got a 'timeout to server' message and I wasn't able to access any of the stuff that I had purchased. (IE: Additional costumes, vs. mode, etc.)

I was kind of bummed, because vs. mode is a lot of fun and I wasn't able to try it, because the game kept telling me I needed to purchase the unlock to get it (which I already did.)

Astroking112
11-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Happened to see the update back when it came out on Halloween (I had a friend over and we chose to check it out before playing BombSquad). I must say, I like this update greatly! Now the different "versions" of Swindon feel a little deeper (Originally I had disliked how similar the Days felt), and there's the Sewers. While I had expected them to be an addition to the existing map, I like how you can easily switch between maps now. I'm debating whether buying the toilet currently, as while the game is a blast and I want to you both, once the game gets stale I find myself unlikely to play it again until there's something new.

My Suggestions:
1) 4-Player:
Hands-down what I want to see the most. This game reaches its peak when played with others, so the more people that can play, the better. Plus, it'd also of course help the VS Mode be even more engaging.

2) Driving:
This and the ability to have two more players are the features I'm waiting for. Having different vehicles to drive (Extra points if you can figure out how to work out something like a helicopter or boat, but normal cars and such are fine) just feels like something you should be able to do. I know it's planned, but I just thought I'd state it anyways. The cars driving the streets could still explode, but parked empty cars could be entered with Y.

3) 'Race' Mode:
This was the first thing I thought was missing in VS Mode. After looking at it, I realized that there was nothing in there that I couldn't do for free except spawn weapons. It seems like it has the potential to be great, and having a checkpoint-system race (You have to go from Point A to B to C to D in order, for example) would certainly help make it that much more worth it. I'm certain that other versus things could be added, but I can't think of any so apparent as a race currently (It even seemed to be hinted at in the trailer with all the running).

4) More Weapons
This is probably planned. One such weapon could be a paintball gun (Leaves a randomly colored splatter on whatever it hits). Just really more diverse weapons.

5) Give the Frog Some Chowder or Something
However hilarious it is to trip when brushing a wall, I still would like the option to turn off getting knocked down (Or at least have it be toned down a little). The same could be said for throwing objects. I want to admire (Or groan at) my throws, not do a faceplant. Also, a boombox at the sewers would be nice.

Those are the biggest things I can really think of right now. You're doing something right, Fayju, no matter what people who don't see the point of playing a game with no point say. I'm most definitely looking forward to what is coming, especially after such a productive update as this.

rosse119
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Ok just wanted to give you my verdict on the latest update now I've had a good play through it.

The sewers: I'm not a big fan of it to be honest, although I think a scaled down version added to the normal map would be pretty cool.

Controls: really good now, I liked them before but they have some real precision now.

I love the frogs driving the cars, although is the car pileup went to happen? Also the cars are parked a bit oddly too, like one is parked on a trampoline, gravity seems to be a bit too light at times now, I used to love jumping into the bin and then driving it around but now it just flips over :/

I'd like some things to feel a bit heavier I think.

Anyway game is great as always but as regards to stuff I'd like to see added, how about been able to push the bin by pressing the pick up button, you could have a mate jump in and you could push them around.

Ammo pick ups would be cool, how about a tower fall style idea for the crossbow were you can run and pick up used arrows?

One last thing, I just wanted to let ya know that I now have my 1 year old hooked on Amazing Frog too :D

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/rosse119/02906A7B-3A05-4BCE-89D3-A135700CC16A-3010-0000067C97E3736D_zps56fac34f.jpg

Sluup
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Really? Which level?

First and second, mabe third too, but it's way up there so bouncing to it is impossible (Someone prove me wrong). It's passed above where you start.

Just a question: I'm sure it has probably been asked in this 15+ page thread at some point and time, but I don't recall reading it. Does this game require a connection to the Internet to play unlocked? I went to show it off yesterday and the place I was at didn't have any internet to connect too. I noticed at the title screen I got a 'timeout to server' message and I wasn't able to access any of the stuff that I had purchased. (IE: Additional costumes, vs. mode, etc.)

I was kind of bummed, because vs. mode is a lot of fun and I wasn't able to try it, because the game kept telling me I needed to purchase the unlock to get it (which I already did.)

I'd like to know too since I am thinking about purchasing it but this is stopping me from it.

xmcnuggetx
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Didn't realize that was there... my kids play the game mostly. But I went up there. Basically just a pink bounce house in the sky. Get on top of the first blimp and bounce to the next 2. Then from there bounce to the castle.

Nadious
11-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm if you have to have an internet connection to access any of the content you purchased?

Outlander999
11-04-2013, 06:06 PM
The update gone wrong to my OUYA.
Amazing Frog stopped working, I uninstalled it.
I'll try to reinstall it from the start.

Astroking112
11-05-2013, 01:07 AM
A few more suggestions (Sorry, I come up with tons for practically everything, but I only bother to post them when I've found a game I care about and a developer who I think will at least listen). Another bonus to add with the toilet (In addition to the super cannons and the costumes) could be "Larger Clips," so the AK-47 would get 10 extra bullets (40 total), and the crossbow would get 5 more (20 total). I just thought it'd be a nice little bonus.

Grenade Launcher
I really would like to see this weapon. Obviously it sounds kind of off, but I think that it'd be a great fit. The projectiles launched would be slower and bounce a bit, but explode like the explosive barrels mysteriously littering the place. It'd feel unique while still fitting in VS Matches, I think, and just devilishly fun while running around. Could have around 5 grenades packed in, to emphasize the denser-stronger feel of the weapon. If the larger clips are implemented, then it could get 8.

Paintball Gun
I felt this would be another cool weapon, since every one should have its own feel. This could not knock players down, but instead leave a random splotch of color wherever you hit them, or on buildings or walls. It could fire at the same rate as the crossbow, and have 20 ammo, or 25 or so with larger clips.

Also, I finally noticed that zombies can die. It gave me a pretty strong urge to wipe them all out, I must say. Maybe there could be some way that they can actually harm you (Instead of shoving you in a corner and trapping you)? If so, then a "Survive" mode could be pretty neat, with disabled spawners and whatnot. Also, while running around Swindon again (My first time alone), the town felt quite empty. Sure, the occasional care passed by, but I'd also like to see the occasional pedestrian walking to work or something. Like the zombies, but not chasing you, or... dead. Another idea that could help this would be making interiors to the buildings (Or expanding the map), with goodies and surprises of their own hidden inside.

Maybe a "charged" jump could be added by holding down the O button to crouch, and then jump higher? It could give some more freedom, while still remaining simple and stop the feeling that I get that I can't do anything without the environment.

Anyways, I think that's it for now. Good luck on your continued development, Fayju, and hopefully whatever you add next will be great!

Nadious
11-06-2013, 03:30 PM
I'd like to know too since I am thinking about purchasing it but this is stopping me from it.

Well, nobody has officially answered yet, but I can tell you what happened to me last night. I've been using Ethernet on my Ouya since day one, but recently switched to wifi since I had moved it in another room. I don't know if it is standard for the Ouya to take a few minutes for the wifi to actually kick in and activate, but last night after I booted my Ouya I went strait into Amazing Frog to play a few rounds and noticed that again, I was getting the 'timeout to server' message and my unlocked content was locked again.

I exited out of the game, went in my network settings and noticed that my wifi hadn't connected yet. So, when it did and it came up, I went back into a second time. The second time, I'm able to get into vs. mode and the additional costumes.

So, unless someone can correct me and tell me otherwise, it DOES appear that this game has to have a connection to the internet for you to access your unlocked content you have paid for.

JerTM
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I installed AF last night, and could not get passed the menu. The "OUYA" buttons did not seam to do anything.

Sluup
11-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Well, nobody has officially answered yet, but I can tell you what happened to me last night. I've been using Ethernet on my Ouya since day one, but recently switched to wifi since I had moved it in another room. I don't know if it is standard for the Ouya to take a few minutes for the wifi to actually kick in and activate, but last night after I booted my Ouya I went strait into Amazing Frog to play a few rounds and noticed that again, I was getting the 'timeout to server' message and my unlocked content was locked again.

I exited out of the game, went in my network settings and noticed that my wifi hadn't connected yet. So, when it did and it came up, I went back into a second time. The second time, I'm able to get into vs. mode and the additional costumes.

So, unless someone can correct me and tell me otherwise, it DOES appear that this game has to have a connection to the internet for you to access your unlocked content you have paid for.

Oh rats! I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to be that. That really sucks, I do love the game but if it is really bound to needing internet conntection to play the "bought" version, I'm going to have to skip this gem. I don't like games like that hence me never buying FFIII, even though it is a really good game. Really disappointed.

Nadious
11-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah. Had I know as well, I would have really considered the purchase. It was a shame I took my ouya to a place that had no internet and they were not able to play vs. Mode nor use any of the costumes.

Ornsack
11-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Love the zombie frogs. My step daughter is delighted there's an extra playable element to this game now. It's like a child-friendly version of GTA when you ignore the missions ;)

jason
11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah. Had I know as well, I would have really considered the purchase. It was a shame I took my ouya to a place that had no internet and they were not able to play vs. Mode nor use any of the costumes.

You guys that are concerned about license checks requiring an active internet connection should really reach out to the developers. TowerFall worked the same way at first but Matt Thorson (the developer) updated the game to cache the license to local storage. Now the full purchased game can be played "offline."

RiotingSpectre
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Yo, Fayju. I made a thread in General Discussion about the Game grumps playing your game. Check it out here (https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?7678-Watch-Game-Grumps-Play-Amazing-Frog&p=84702#post84702).

zeha
11-18-2013, 04:37 PM
I really do not understand why everybody is raving about this game. I understand it's a "just walk around and do some stupid jumps" game, and it's quite okay at that (except that I think the controls are not exactly as great as some people here mentioned), but I still wonder why it's considered being such a hit and must-play. Don't want to say anything negative about it though ;) it's nice that people like it. I just don't get it :D

Though I have to admit I also showed it to almost everybody who checked out the Ouya at my place. Somehow it reminds me of "Club Drive", some sort of tech-demo that got released as if it was a "real" game, on the Atari Jaguar.

But there's one thing that I really really like... and that's the funky music in the ghettoblaster ;) it's exactly my cup of tea. Maybe I will release an inofficial spin-off, called "The Amazing Funk"...

Boerseun
11-29-2013, 09:09 PM
It's been a while since the last update. Fayju, are you planning another one before the end of the year?

I'd love to have a four player mode implemented before Christmas (if at all possible).

Paul Laimal-Convoy
11-30-2013, 11:05 AM
i wholeheartedly agree.

flamepanther
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
So, I notice that there's a bin with a picture of a TV on it. I tried chucking a few TVs in there, but nothing happened. Is this supposed to do something in a future version?

Lunamaniac
12-24-2013, 06:18 PM
This is a bit late, but the game was updated for Christmas! I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet but some apparently among the changes are a giant snowman's head, a giant toilet in the sewers, and... some drivable cars?!

Other changes weren't listed so if anyone has played it I'd be curious to know the other details although they're likely insignificant.

flamepanther
12-24-2013, 11:11 PM
I've only been able to spend about 45 minutes with it. It looks like Swindon has opened up a couple of new nooks and crannies--at the very least, one of the two stairwells in the parking garage is open now. I found the RC cars on the roof of the garage in the night time level. I suspect they're around in other levels, but if so I haven't found them yet.

CesarYAtique
12-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I downloaded the update and it took much more time than any other game to download. But the most important is, after this, the game don't start. I need help please.

flamepanther
12-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I downloaded the update and it took much more time than any other game to download. But the most important is, after this, the game don't start. I need help please.

I had that issue for a bit, but after trying a few times, it started. You can also go into the apps menu in the advanced settings and delete the cache and data for Amazing Frog in case there's anything leftover from the last version that's messing it up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

cmpunk2002
12-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi! I want to report a problem with the right stick using a usb controller, it does not move in all directions (360°), the x axis doesn't seems to work. The game is amazing!! Sorry for my English!

rosse119
12-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Nice little update, good to see that Swindon is getting a little bigger each time. Explosions seem more satisfying and felt like once again the fans would send me flying which they used to do before the Halloween update, am I right in thinking you fixed the Bin issue I said about?

The RC cars are a nice addition but I would like the handling to get a little work, how about making it faster and also make it so it could skid too?

flamepanther
12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Is there a good way to set the RC cars upright after they flip over?

Lunamaniac
12-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Is there a good way to set the RC cars upright after they flip over?

If you have a friend over they can pick it up. That's the one way I know of. Frankly, that was when I saw the value of the RC cars. 4 player mode will be intense.

rosse119
12-29-2013, 07:54 PM
If the RC cars handled like the ones in Revolt i would be a very happy guy.I've managed to get to the pink castle, took ages but so worth it, I hope you add more things even higher like the moon or something lol

Merged. Please Use The Edit Button Next Time.

DrDrew
01-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Nice additions! My 4 year old loves to watch the frog get flushed down the mega toilet in the sewers. She also likes the RC cars and is constantly asking me if the "Coming Soon" things are in the game yet.

Those RC cars could definitely be fun if they were much faster!

flamepanther
01-30-2014, 11:41 AM
So, what have people discovered in the TV Time update so far?

Putting a TV in the dumpster with a picture of a TV on it now triggers a TV counter as well as a timer.
Cannon and fan placement is different
Wheelie bins are harder to tip over
No more TV inside AF's camper
The night time stage now has a race track in the playground. The zombie frogs are still there, but no cars yet (they're still on the roof of the car park)
There's a helicopter! Can't seem to do anything with it.

Anything else?

rosse119
01-30-2014, 02:28 PM
The helicopter was in the Christmas update, gutted it doesnt do anything though. Has anyone filled the skip with TV's then?
Anyone jumped the cars off the car park yet? Its much more fun when driving on the normal road with them.

flamepanther
03-24-2014, 05:29 AM
This game looks interesting, but I've never been able to get it to go into a single-player view. It's always in split screen mode, and I don't see an option to get it out of that mode. In addition, when I did try two-player, the second player was unable to do anything other than go to the options screen. None of the controls would work. Is there something I'm missing here?

Disconnect your keyboard and/or mouse before playing :)

Lunamaniac
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Hey, looking at Fayju's Twitter I think we may be getting a hefty update on the 8th of this month! I like the moon...

Oh, a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFDSqePslDg

cliffsteele
04-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I finally found all of the TVs! I'm so pumped for the update!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkpx7_JCMAEeTmn.jpg:large

Lunamaniac
04-08-2014, 02:50 PM
I finally found all of the TVs! I'm so pumped for the update!

I've abstained the past few days and I think I'm going through amazing withdrawal?

Congrats on finding all the TVs! Sewers too?

cliffsteele
04-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I haven't gone after the sewer TVs yet, I wonder if it's the same reward....

I've played every day since I got my Ouya, I could understand the withdraws.

Lunamaniac
04-08-2014, 05:29 PM
The time will soon be upon us, a new dawn shall rise in Swindon.

rosse119
04-08-2014, 11:42 PM
This update is simply amazing! The moon is a great addition and love how you now collect things to unlock other stuff.

Toasterkidd
04-09-2014, 07:26 AM
its funny because swindon is only 3 hours away from me!

flamepanther
04-09-2014, 07:30 AM
I like the moon...
http://www2.printshop.co.uk/SiteData/RatherGood/Products/Images/Large/Spongmonkey_Soft_Toy.jpg

Aaron Mallory
04-09-2014, 08:05 PM
where is the "hidden moon buggy" ? I can't find it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Lunamaniac
04-09-2014, 08:06 PM
where is the "hidden moon buggy" ? I can't find it

I don't even know. I'm sure it will reveal itself when the time is right.

rosse119
04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I know there are mini moon Buggies but never knew there was a big one. Anyone seen the new secret thing above the pink castle? I caught a glimpse of something red in a cloud above it.

Lunamaniac
04-09-2014, 09:56 PM
i know there are mini moon buggies but never knew there was a big one. Anyone seen the new secret thing above the pink castle? I caught a glimpse of something red in a cloud above it.

i will.

Aaron Mallory
04-10-2014, 02:10 AM
i will.

found the moon buggy behind the satellites on the moon, its driveable :D

Lunamaniac
04-10-2014, 05:06 PM
found the moon buggy behind the satellites on the moon, its driveable :D

Thank you for wording that in such a way that I still have no idea where it is but know it exists.

Aaron Mallory
04-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Thank you for wording that in such a way that I still have no idea where it is but know it exists.

its on the quart port

Outlander999
04-10-2014, 06:56 PM
The game is going bigger, cool!

Hey Fayju, you have a PM :D

gmaster
04-11-2014, 04:46 AM
In the holiday update, you could get a giant snowman head. Can you still get it?

rosse119
04-11-2014, 10:04 AM
yup its on a roof. I so want the moon buggy can someone pm me please? I don't want to have to find it lol.

gmaster
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
What about the pumpkin head?
Thx

rosse119
04-11-2014, 12:43 PM
not a clue on that one, didn't even know there was one lol

gmaster
04-11-2014, 12:51 PM
It was shown on there youtube video.

jbrodack
04-11-2014, 04:44 PM
It looks like they took away features from the free version of the game locking away all areas but the original map. Kinda sucks but I do understand wanting to make the paid version more attractive.

rosse119
04-11-2014, 05:29 PM
I saw that the price is higher now too, $14.99 OUCH! Glad I bought it at £9.99 which is reasonable. I do love it but to me it isn't worth $14.99.

Lunamaniac
04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
It looks like they took away features from the free version of the game locking away all areas but the original map. Kinda sucks but I do understand wanting to make the paid version more attractive.

Fayju posted on their twitter that you can reach the moon without paying a thing. In the paid version as well these area now have to be unlocked.

I saw that the price is higher now too, $14.99 OUCH! Glad I bought it at £9.99 which is reasonable. I do love it but to me it isn't worth $14.99.

$14.99 is cheaper than £9.99? :S

rosse119
04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Sorry lol I mean $9.99 to $14.99

twistedvivid
04-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Why did they change the guns to orange and green? is it to make the game more kid friendly

rosse119
04-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I don't know I preffered them before personally.

Doubledragon
04-12-2014, 12:06 AM
How do I unlock the Moon area?
Where is Skip?

rosse119
04-12-2014, 12:50 PM
I hope the add animations for going to different areas like the rocks blasting off or your frog moving the manhole cover.

Doubledragon
04-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks.

Lunamaniac
04-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Why did they change the guns to orange and green? is it to make the game more kid friendly

That threw me a little, a lot of kids do play it though so I can sympathize with why Fayju would want to avoid unnecessarily alienating themselves from one of their primary audiences. The color change is of course supposed to indicated that they're water machine guns which is why they now shoot a visible blue stream. In a way it also makes sense from a gameplay perspective as ricocheting is now far more obvious and visible.

There are plenty of fun things for us older players though in the form of fun references and cameos.

boxtropica
04-13-2014, 03:51 AM
How do I unlock the Moon area?
Where is Skip?
Here's how to unlock every map!
Unless you are having A LOT of trouble finding these things out, DO NOT READ THIS! It takes away from the fun of finding the maps, etc.!
(Don't blame me if you lack impulse control!)
1: You will spawn at the regular Swindon spawn, from where you need to find a Tardis "Time Toilet", as mentioned in the Map Selection menu.
The Tardis is on the ground, directly in front of the gate of which the cannon at spawn is. You can jump (Or walk, you boring frog) to it, only to find that it's use requires a key.
You need to get into the spawn cannon, and launch yourself onto the top of the parking garage. (The one with the soccer balls and goals) that is the the left of the cannon. On the top floor, you will find the Tardis key.
When you enter the Tardis, the Morning, Afternoon, and Night maps will be unlocked.

2: Go to the Tardis in the Night map. Near the Tardis you will find a crow bar and a sewer entrance, of which you pry open to unlock the Sewer map.

3: To get to the moon, you need to get to the rocket. In morning, you can find the rocket where the snowman's head is, I.E. the rooftop that is directly left to the spawn cannon. You get to the rooftop by aiming as high as possible, and toward the parking garage, from where you can move backwards in the air to reach the rocket. Then, you will find that you need fuel. You need to go to Noon and Night to find fuel, from which you can get from cars. After you collect the fuel for the rocket, blast off!

4: Skip? Not sure. I'll update when I find out. I think you need to find all the TVs, or something.

Oh, how awesome the moon is! Excited for the Lunar Buggies to be even better!
Fayju FTW!

twistedvivid
04-13-2014, 04:36 AM
That threw me a little, a lot of kids do play it though so I can sympathize with why Fayju would want to avoid unnecessarily alienating themselves from one of their primary audiences. The color change is of course supposed to indicated that they're water machine guns which is why they now shoot a visible blue stream. In a way it also makes sense from a gameplay perspective as ricocheting is now far more obvious and visible.

There are plenty of fun things for us older players though in the form of fun references and cameos.

Here is there response I got from them on twitter
http://i.imgur.com/VBlHwox.png

gmaster
04-13-2014, 12:21 PM
What can you do with the giant snowman head? Is it wearable?

Yep found it. It is wearable. Pretty cool. Anyone know about the pumpkin head? Is that still around?
Thanks

Doubledragon
04-17-2014, 12:19 AM
3: To get to the moon, you need to get to the rocket. In morning, you can find the rocket where the snowman's head is, I.E. the rooftop that is directly left to the spawn cannon. You get to the rooftop by aiming as high as possible, and toward the parking garage, from where you can move backwards in the air to reach the rocket. Then, you will find that you need fuel. You need to go to Noon and Night to find fuel, from which you can get from cars. After you collect the fuel for the rocket, blast off!

Thanks! The Moon is pretty cool.

I can't find 2 Trophys. Found one in the Fayju Office. Know where the other two are?

Diablohead
04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
On the moon, get into a buggy and drive up a ramp, then keep pressing O (jump) and you can go so high the map unloads!

boxtropica
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
On the moon, get into a buggy and drive up a ramp, then keep pressing O (jump) and you can go so high the map unloads!
I'll have to try that! :p

Diablohead
04-18-2014, 09:11 PM
It's obviously because moon buggies are beta but you can go extremely high, fall through the planet earth model as it has no collision and land on the other side of the invisible barrier which is rather thick, when you go far enough the rendering distance for the moon will cause it to vanish.

gmaster
05-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Anyone know about the pumpkin head? Is that still around? It was shown on there youtube video about the halloween update.
Thanks

I heard back from fayju. The pumpkin head is still in the nightime level somewhere.

chess
06-20-2014, 05:46 PM
anyone else getting an annoying camera glitch where it stutters in and out?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

gmaster
06-28-2014, 06:21 AM
The pumpkin head is in the night time level on top of some shipping containers. It will be the pumpkin with black eyes, mouth, and nose.

zeha
06-30-2014, 10:28 AM
It might have been asked before, but did anyone ever succeed in getting to the higher one of those two zeppelins/blimps?

Ugly
07-05-2014, 04:59 AM
It might have been asked before, but did anyone ever succeed in getting to the higher one of those two zeppelins/blimps?

So far as I can tell the trick with bouncy castles is to spin on descent and aim for the middle. I've gotten to the pink castle reliably this way.

I'm having trouble getting in to the UFO. I can get to the top satellite (and if the asteroid with the han solo is top I can get there too) but I can't for the life of me jump high enough. I was hoping the beam underneath would suck me in, but it doesn't. I'm curious if anyone has a good hint for bouncing higher on the trampolines? Does spinning help? Does jumping at some point help? Does it matter where you hit on the trampoline? Angle of attack?

If I'm aiming down (camera) do I accelerate down when I push forward for a better bounce? How about carrying things?

Honestly, I'm a bit frustrated trying to get up there with no real progress. I feel like I get so close some times, but after a thousand jumps it's just not happening. It's also so slow with the lower gravity (just the way it is) so doubly annoying!

Anyone else find some cool secrets? I only managed to find all of the trophies on one level (noon) to unlock those RC cars.

Jklug12
08-31-2014, 12:01 AM
If you get in one of the moon buggys, you can continually jump and you can get to the UFO. It takes a while but you will eventually get there, but it's kinda cheating.

chess
09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
thought there was suppose to be an update this summer :(

Lunamaniac
09-25-2014, 12:19 AM
thought there was suppose to be an update this summer :(

Following their twitter, something really exciting is in the works!

The Amazing Frog is coming to Steam, Fayju defended Ouya by saying the console was closer to a creche than a prison. Reading other tweets and comments Fayju have given on the PC release it seems one of the main reasons is that the Ouya wasn't strong enough to achieve everything they wanted with the game. This means the ouya version will not match up to the pc version at the very least.

I'm happy for them, but also sad that the Ouya has lost another of its notable exclusives. If both versions were going to be the same I wouldn't mind, but it sounds like the PC version will be blatantly superior - leaving owners of the original Ouya version in the dust and removing one of the key reasons people had to pick up one of the fun little ouyas.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296245989

tozeleal
10-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Best anouncement ever!!! Now this frog is everywhere!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

rosse119
10-02-2014, 02:13 PM
After reading that I'm a bit gutted about this if I'm honest.

Hoping that's not the end of the updates.

Mr. J
10-02-2014, 06:30 PM
It's not the end of the updates for OUYA, we support Fayju, hence us tweeting about the Greenlight campaign. :)

Lunamaniac
10-02-2014, 09:00 PM
It's not the end of the updates for OUYA, we support Fayju, hence us tweeting about the Greenlight campaign. :)

That's good to know, hopefully the pc version will be really amazing now they don't need to worry about optimization too much.

mmartino
10-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Amazing Frog? for Steam is NOT just a port from OUYA. We have a long term plan for continued development. We want Steam to become the primary platform for Amazing Frog?. We think Early Access is the best place for our unapologetically, stupidly over ambitious plans. Amazing Frog? not a finished game, much like Swindon. I don't really know what the word "finished" means, but you can play it for ages and we keep adding more stuff to do and play around with. Again also very much like Swindon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/296245989/1412782997

RiotingSpectre
10-08-2014, 09:49 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/296245989/1412782997

I knew this was going to happen from the very beginning and I also knew it was going to be Amazing Frog? to be the one to do this. When anything reaches a reasonable success then you're obviously going to look beyond what you already have but to do that you have to think from a business perspective which money is a huge part of. There's hardly any money to be had on the OUYA console as it's mainly to be used as a secondary console to your bigger consoles along with being an entry level platform that aspiring developers can easily jump abroad on. When a game peaks at its success much like other games did then it's naturally time we (the OUYA community) set them on their way to college (i.e. bigger platforms) where they can hopefully hit the books enough to become even greater successes in the future.

Again, I'm not surprised at all and I was actually bickering with some people at OUYA Incorporate that they needed to stop riding on this game so much because it wasn't going to be an exclusive forever which was more evident as time passed. Now we kind of have egg on our faces much like how we did with Towerfall but back when Towerfall took a hike, we at least had Amazing Frog? to back-peddle on. Now that too is leaving; what's left with reasonable success that we can call ours that's also exclusive? This is why that OUYA exclusive Grand Theft Auto game that we could have had would have been one hell of a smart investment by this point. China Town Wars made the Nintendo DS bigger than it already was and a Grand Theft Auto game would have done the same for us.

Then again it's not indie, the cost Rockstar wanted was pretty insane, it could have went multi-platform much like China Town Wars did, and all those other things. Just rambling about some possibilities that could have happened that may have made our console bigger than it currently. Albeit, at the cost of some of its identity but even that didn't last for long hence all the policy removals...

anatomality
10-08-2014, 10:28 PM
It's a good thing, games thriving and expanding, instead of just fizzling out. Towerfall made good and gave us all a nice update.

I think it's a good thing for OUYA, people will get exposed to these unique games. They may like them. They might ask themselves where they came from, and where they could find more like them. The answer will be OUYA.

That being said, I don't think amazing frog? Is that fun compared to allot of other titles, but that's an opinion. I'm probably too goal oriented.

Killswitch
10-08-2014, 10:39 PM
It's a good thing, games thriving and expanding, instead of just fizzling out. Towerfall made good and gave us all a nice update.

I think it's a good thing for OUYA, people will get exposed to these unique games. They may like them. They might ask themselves where they came from, and where they could find more like them. The answer will be OUYA.

That being said, I don't think amazing frog? Is that fun compared to allot of other titles, but that's an opinion. I'm probably too goal oriented.

Hate to be the one to bring it up when people seem to be mourning a developer trying to make it but OUYA made good on Towerfall as has been mentioned several times. They did the port.

Anyway, it was going to happen sooner or later. Julie has always called it a launch platform and they launched, had some success and the well is probably dry for them right now so they want to try their hand at Steam. Good luck to them on their venture.

anatomality
10-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Sorry my mistake, the point is that OUYA and it's community should be proud that 'our' games are growing up.

Warzard
10-08-2014, 11:02 PM
I have no ill will towards them and wish them well. We may look at Amazing Frog? as our Mario, but it's Fayju's IP.

http://www.bawbmills.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/frogHead.gif

Hugo
10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Good for them. OUYA is little more than a springboard. Have to go where the money is.

RiotingSpectre
10-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Yep. Let us salute our brothers on their way to Steam.

takedownmak
10-09-2014, 01:31 AM
I really don't want to be that guy but..........
Games leaveing OUYA to go where the money is...... is not a good thing for OUYA im sorry i don't agree.
is it good for fayju? yes and i can understand why they would want to move to steam money will always rule, even if the fanbase loves you, and thinks of you as a mario.
i mean hell when i think of OUYA i think Amazing Frog?.
But i can't help but feel like i just got punched in the gut.
Also i don't understand why OUYA would go through all the trouble to hype up Amazing frog and show them so much love acting like Amazing frog would always be an exclusive they never said it but i always thought it would be.
NOW WHAT? what do we have? i hope to god We have some kickass games comeing........... we need it

RiotingSpectre
10-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Games leaveing OUYA to go where the money is...... is not a good thing for OUYA im sorry i don't agree.
is it good for fayju? yes and i can understand why they would want to move to steam money will always rule, even if the fanbase loves you, and thinks of you as a mario.
Also i don't understand why OUYA would go through all the trouble to hype up Amazing frog and show them so much love and acting like Amazing frog would always be an exclusive they never said it but i always thought it would be.
NOW WHAT? what do we have? i hope to god We have some kickass games comeing........... we need it

Shit happens, Takedownmak. That's the best way anyone of us could put it.

takedownmak
10-09-2014, 01:37 AM
lol yep im over it now. :) i just had to give my 2 cents

Hugo
10-09-2014, 02:14 AM
The game isn't going anywhere, and the company has always said that it encourages developers to branch out and get started. I don't see any negative impact here. As a matter of fact, I think that it's going to tell developers that if they create quality, they've got a shot at the big leagues, and that's good for us because it'll motivate devs.

Killswitch
10-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Also i don't understand why OUYA would go through all the trouble to hype up Amazing frog and show them so much love acting like Amazing frog would always be an exclusive they never said it but i always thought it would be.

They didn't say they were leaving OUYA in the dust you know, though it could happen. OUYA would of course hype a game they supported, who wouldn't. It was exclusive, exclusivity has a time limit. People keep missing that fact. OUYA has close to 1000 games...just throwing it out there.

Julie always used the term "launch platform", well it launched. Doesn't stop them from updating the game or whatever it is that people are expecting.

We keep saying hate to be "that guy" but you guys do realize we have a member named ThatGuy right? You might have seen him around...wonder what he's thinking when he keeps seeing us say that :p

Lunamaniac
10-09-2014, 11:00 AM

I felt the same way at first, I've followed Fayju's twitter for some time and they frequently expressed their sureness and pride in being Ouya exclusive. It seemed like a real 360 when they suddenly announced their main development for the game would be on another platform. They've defended the Ouya since announcing moving on from it, which is a hell of a lot better than a certain other dev.

Also I don't think it's just money which motivates them, which is part of the tragedy really, they've talked about how being on pc removes a lot of their restrictions.

I think this was a choice made for art.

While this also means the ouya version will never be up to scratch, the pc version will be that much better.

Schizophretard
10-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Also I don't think it's just money which motivates them, which is part of the tragedy really, they've talked about how being on pc removes a lot of their restrictions.

I think this was a choice made for art.

While this also means the ouya version will never be up to scratch, the pc version will be that much better.

One of the things I have seen them defend to other developers is how far one can push the Tegra 3 on the OUYA and it removing some restrictions on it compared to being in a tablet. So, maybe later with better chips they could port much of what they create on PC back to OUYA again? In other words, shifting their focus primarily on PC gaming doesn't mean that they are abandoning console gaming forever and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't improve their game later on an OUYA 2.0. If it has been the top selling game on OUYA then it seems like it being updated for OUYA 2.0 would give it good sales. At least better sales than just leaving it as is on the OUYA 2.0. Anyway, them going to PC still keeps it a console exclusive.

chess
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM
the update for this game was suppose to come out months ago, I waited all summer expecting it to show up, and fayju's been teasing us with videos for the past 2 month, I really want to play it!!

Zerolocy
12-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi there, I love Amazing Frog made a highlights video about it on my YouTube channel. I'd really appreciate if you checked it out :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7KCaOKBgdE
Also, I'm loving the new update :D

chess
03-22-2015, 02:05 AM
I don't want an update for this game. I NEED ONE, COME ON

RiotingSpectre
03-22-2015, 02:08 AM
I don't want an update for this game. I NEED ONE, COME ON

I've spoken with Fayju and the likelihood of anymore updates for the OUYA version is slim. If you want to play an always up-to-date Amazing Frog, then play the Steam version.

theoriginalbomberman
08-30-2015, 12:02 AM
Has Amazing Frog been taken off the discover store? I had to do a factory reset and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Kaimega
08-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Has Amazing Frog been taken off the discover store? I had to do a factory reset and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Unfortunately, Amazing frog? is no longer on the DISCOVER store.

Amazing Frog? Is now no longer on DISCOVER.

TheDavyStar
08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately, Amazing frog? is no longer on the DISCOVER store.

But WHYYY?!?!