PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Frog - Fayju

Pages : 1 [2]

TheDavyStar
08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately, Amazing frog? is no longer on the DISCOVER store.

But WHYYY?!?!

DrunkPunk
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Yet another one abandons us.

Kaimega
08-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Yet another one abandons us.

Well it seems he/they stopped wanting to associate with OUYA for quite some time now.. sad really.

Victor Coleiro
08-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Unfortunately, Amazing frog? is no longer on the DISCOVER store.

http://i.imgur.com/Cc7Uo.gif

TheDavyStar
08-30-2015, 11:43 PM
But seriously, why? It's like all the people who drank the OUYA kool-aid have left just because it lost its fizz.

Outlander999
08-31-2015, 12:11 AM
Not a good sign for the future.
Instead of supporting the OUYA players, they... left.
Just, WOW.

anatomality
08-31-2015, 12:30 AM
How does that work if you already have it...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Isaac H.
08-31-2015, 12:50 AM
So let me get this straight- they went out of their way to take Amazing Frog? off the OUYA store instead of simply keeping it on there for their original supporters? This makes NO sense to me, and I'm sorry but this really ticks me off. What about the people who did factory resets after paying $15 for it and can no longer play it? Those people are the real victims here, and Faiyu should do everything in their power to make this right for them.

TheDavyStar
08-31-2015, 12:52 AM
So let me get this straight- they went out of their way to take Amazing Frog? off the OUYA store instead of simply keeping it on there for their original supporters? This makes NO sense to me, and I'm sorry but this really ticks me off. What about the people who did factory resets after paying $15 for it and can no longer play it? Those people are the real victims here, and Faiyu should do everything in their power to make this right for them.

Agreed! Pure nonsense for them to take Amazing Frog down, have no idea as to why.

xAD
08-31-2015, 12:53 AM
But seriously, why? It's like all the people who drank the OUYA kool-aid have left just because it lost its fizz.

Lost its fizz, got poured into a different container, and the original bottle is inches from smashing on the floor.

Nadious
08-31-2015, 01:17 AM
Wow. My 3 year old LOVES to watch me play that (and even tries to play it some at times.) That's a real bummer. Of course, if it's still on there for me to play, at least I can get to it. But, I do regret purchasing that game for not only this, but the fact the Ouya version was dumped (in terms of updates) awhile ago. Everyone is wondering what games will make it over to the Forge... well, they can scratch this one off the list, I guess.

Kaimega
08-31-2015, 01:27 AM

How does that work if you already have it...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

You should still be able to access it from the Purchased section in PLAY

Isaac H.
08-31-2015, 01:36 AM
You should still be able to access it from the Purchased section in PLAY
Well that's good. Still makes no sense to me, but at least those who already bought it can still use it. Thanks.

willis
08-31-2015, 04:34 AM
Of course they are going to stop work on the Ouya version as they said that it just can't handle the 'full' experience they wanted Amazing Frog to be. With it being on steam and they are now free to create the game with as much stuff they want (physics included), the Ouya version was kicked to the curb quite a while ago. I thought I remember reading that they would attempt to support the Ouya version if they could, so maybe something went south with the relationship between the two parties and now its just completely pulled from the discover store.

... it was fun while it lasted

Schizophretard
08-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Not a good sign for the future.
Instead of supporting the OUYA players, they... left.
Just, WOW.

Especially since this was the number one selling game.

Pat1986
08-31-2015, 11:26 AM
Welcome to your new fantastic world of digital distribution.

Steven7
09-01-2015, 01:56 AM
I was playing amazing frog all last weekend with the kids, also couple days ago my brothers friend was on another level playing it lol

So I better not factory reset mine still worked the other day

I pray DUCK GAME does not go this route

Schizophretard
09-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Welcome to your new fantastic world of digital distribution.

Before digital distribution games were removed from store shelves.

So I better not factory reset mine still worked the other day

I pray DUCK GAME does not go this route

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't remove the game from those who own it but just removes it from the store.

Steven7
09-01-2015, 03:11 AM
Ahh I see schiz and Kai

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pat1986
09-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Before digital distribution games were removed from store shelves.

But i was still able to install it after formating my PC

xanderten50
09-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Sorry, a bit late to this one - does this mean I can't actually get the frog game anymore (at all) if I haven't bought it already?

Pat1986
09-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Sorry, a bit late to this one - does this mean I can't actually get the frog game anymore (at all) if I haven't bought it already?

that's the point, yes.

xanderten50
09-01-2015, 09:35 AM
that's the point, yes.

Oh. :(

Schizophretard
09-01-2015, 01:37 PM
But i was still able to install it after formating my PC

And if you bought this game you could still do the same. Devs are only allowed to pull games from the store but OUYA still has a copy on their servers to restore purchases. It is a buyers protection thing.

Starfighter
09-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Great news! That crappy game was blocking up important space in the store from better games. :)

Kaimega
09-01-2015, 02:15 PM
I love the Love/hate relationship the community has with the game <3

Starfighter
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I loved it for one reason only: the sound from running sounded like someone fapping. :D But when that stopped being funny so did the game. :(

Schizophretard
09-01-2015, 02:27 PM
I love the Love/hate relationship the community has with the game <3

I loved the concept but hated the controls. The rag doll stuff felt like I was dragging him around with marionette strings.

YoshiDM
09-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Another silly question:if you have the demo, are you able to buy the game?

flamepanther
09-01-2015, 10:02 PM

That is a very interesting question!

Kaimega
09-01-2015, 10:07 PM

Not silly at all, that is a good question.

I wouldn't think so as the game itself was taken from the store, thus removing any possible communication with Discover.. but I am not entirely sure

Killswitch
09-01-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't believe you can do that but that's a question for Mr Jared whenever he stops by or someone could ask him...

(already know what is inevitably going to happen here now that I said that)

flamepanther
09-01-2015, 10:14 PM

I wouldn't think so as the game itself was taken from the store, thus removing any possible communication with Discover.. but I am not entirely sure

It wasn't completely removed from the store. You can still download it if you bought stuff in it. Likewise it has to be able to talk to the store in order to verify which DLC you've got.

Schizophretard
09-01-2015, 10:21 PM
This is just a guess but I could see a purchase possibly making it through but OUYA would have to refund you and cancel the purchase.

rosse119
09-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Has anyone asked them why? This is just odd. I agree as a dev is hard to get enthusiastic about the Ouya again now we no whats going to happen, but why take a game off the store?

Kaimega
09-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Has anyone asked them why? This is just odd. I agree as a dev is hard to get enthusiastic about the Ouya again now we no whats going to happen, but why take a game off the store?

he hasn't been updating it, and he had no plans to develop for it anymore anyhow. it really was a matter of time, I think the announcement is what removed it completely. Shame really, as a very large chunk who think OUYA think Amazing Frog

TheDavyStar
09-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Great news! That crappy game was blocking up important space in the store from better games. :)

http://www.bigisthenewsmall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/youre-wrong.jpg

That said, I wouldn't exactly say AF is an amazing work of art.

YoshiDM
09-03-2015, 08:16 PM

Dang- was always on the fence but never jumped. My daughter kinda liked it but now I have a bunch of future step-children would giggle like mad launching/bashing frogged around.

I'll try buying it to see what happens. You never know.

Steven7
09-03-2015, 08:46 PM
the nieces, nephews, and kids on the block freaking love this game

RiotingSpectre
09-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Truth be told, I didn't like the game very much either. It was "something" (for lack of a better word) for 15 minutes and then was quickly uninstalled because it grew redundant.

he hasn't been updating it, and he had no plans to develop for it anymore anyhow. it really was a matter of time, I think the announcement is what removed it completely. Shame really, as a very large chunk who think OUYA think Amazing Frog

I've spoken to the developers in the past regarding their bipolar stance towards the OUYA console and it was pretty interesting. Fayju was saying that he wasn't going to update the OUYA version anymore in favor for the Steam version. However, the flak he had gotten for publicly saying this from OUYA owners along with him being a nice guy prompted him to continue supporting the OUYA version for as long as he could. However, not two days after he said that he decided to stop supporting the console again but chose to leave it up so people can continue enjoying it. His stance was going back and forth for a long time but I guess he finally decided to pull OUYA support altogether.

Personally, I think this is an okay decision and you guys have to expect this kind of stuff to happen with digital content. The fact that they supported the OUYA for so long along with not outright pulling support should be enough for everyone. If not, then the fact that Fayju was struggling to make the tough decision to leave OUYA owners behind should tell you that he didn't like the decision himself.

Warzard
09-03-2015, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't have wanted them to stay if it was going to cost them money, but the quick exit reminds me of this guy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWniG991O0

When we are all like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE

Outlander999
09-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Amazing Frog... fun...for the first 10 minutes.
LOL

wienersoup
09-03-2015, 11:20 PM
It really just didn't have substance. I paid 10 dollars for it and had some good laughs. But I probably only played it twice. Multiplayer would've been fun but I'm 27 and work full time and it's just not the same asking friends over to play a goofy game like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Killswitch
09-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Yoshi, it MIGHT work if you have the demo. I can't guarantee it though.

rosse119
09-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Seems to me that some of the major devs that was pushed big by Ouya have turned their backs and it sucks to see.

Pat1986
09-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Locomalito is still there. And The Curse of Issyos will dust many OUYAs.

YoshiDM
09-07-2015, 06:02 PM
I had the ootion to, which pulled up the purchase screens but Ouya would not accept my credit card for some weird reason.

I bought a couple cards from the Ouya store so we'll see what happens when they arrive.

It worked! As long as you have the demo, you can buy the game.

xanderten50
09-07-2015, 08:48 PM
I had the ootion to, which pulled up the purchase screens but Ouya would not accept my credit card for some weird reason.

I bought a couple cards from the Ouya store so we'll see what happens when they arrive.

It worked! As long as you have the demo, you can buy the game.
Is there any way to backup or copy the demo apk?

flamepanther
09-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Is there any way to backup or copy the demo apk?There is, but I don't think the APK is licensed for redistribution (in other words it would technically be piracy, even though it's a free demo, and we don't do that here).

xanderten50
09-08-2015, 05:47 PM
There is, but I don't think the APK is licensed for redistribution (in other words it would technically be piracy, even though it's a free demo, and we don't do that here).
Fair enough, thanks anyway!

Nitrogen_Widget
09-09-2015, 06:48 PM
It's on steam for early access and last updated in July.
If it is completely ported over i'd buy it.

Just for my kids.

Mr. J
11-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Amazing Frog is back on OUYA and now for $9.99 instead of the $14.99 price point.

Jeffry84
11-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Does this mean that Fayju still supports the Ouya somehow? Just out of curiosity.

wienersoup
11-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Doubt it. Unless they feel like the forge will be worthy enough to develop for. I'm guessing they just brought the price down since it's clearly not been updated in a while in comparison to its steam port.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

willis
11-15-2015, 05:50 AM
So was there any reason for it being pulled in the first place? Seems odd that it did and now it's back...

Killswitch
11-15-2015, 09:05 AM
They felt like it.

The whole pulling the game thing never made sense to me in the first place, for any developer who does it, not just them.

RiotingSpectre
11-15-2015, 09:27 AM
So was there any reason for it being pulled in the first place? Seems odd that it did and now it's back...

The developers are simply bipolar about their support for the OUYA console. There's no other way to put it. They're cool people and all but expect the game to be pulled again in the future.

frpnit
11-15-2015, 03:03 PM
For me the worst thing is that we won't get the newer updates the PC version has - no support anymore... unless they decide to develop further for the Forge.

Cheers,
Fabrício.