PDA

View Full Version : [Storage] Toshiba 16 GB USB flash drive not recognized by ouya anymore?

payday24654
07-31-2015, 07:23 PM
I just fired up my ouya today because I wanted to play some games on it and when I am booting it up I get a message on the home screen saying something like this the file system on your USB flash drive is not recognized on this system. But that USB flash drive has every single one of MY ouya downloads on it and I do not have enough space on my 8 GB ouya to re download everything. I was hoping I would be able to find a fix for this because I would really like to get my ouya back up and running like it used to but I can not at the moment because my USB flash drive is not recognized by the console even though I have used it for over a year with the console and it has all my games on it. If you know how to fix the problem could you please tell me in the comments below. THANK YOU. Amazon LINK
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Transmemory-Flash-Drive-THNU48N16GTRT/dp/B007SRLF5C/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438370592&sr=1-2&keywords=toshiba+16+gb+flash+drive

Kaimega
07-31-2015, 08:16 PM
it is probably corrupted, another possibility is if you formatted it at some point to another filesystem.

MicroPlayer
07-31-2015, 08:31 PM
I had a problem with a flash drive and OUYA. Was weird.. as sometimes the OUYA would recognize it, sometimes not. Sorry, I don't remember the brand and was a cheapie, and has since been trashed.

Unless there's something else going on with your OUYA .. I'd say transfer all your USB data to another stick, and see if that is a help.

sconfig
08-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Well it seems like people have given it 'okay' reviews so it's not a Chinese memory scam.

edit: i noticed you said you had this drive for over a year. please be sure to backup your data before running any testing software on it. Also, try to re-format the drive, if the partition is dirty from hot-ejecting it from your Ouya it may not be able to see it properly.

To check to see if your USB stick is good. and your on a PC you can run a utility called Chkflsh (http://mikelab.kiev.ua/PROGRAMS/ChkFlsh.zip)if your on a windows box. It's very good at detecting if your MMC cards, Pro-duo, and USB sticks are corrupt or not. but it does wipe any and all data on that stick just to warn you.:)