Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beast Boxing Turbo - Goodhustle

This is a demo 3-opponent version of Beast Boxing Turbo built for testing with the OUYA console & controller. I'm not sure if it'll work on emulators with other joysticks. There's no IAP testing in here, this is intended just for early controller / display testing by people who have an OUYA device.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uuswv8otx...eleaseDemo.apk (110 MB)

Here's a video of me explaining the build:

The controls are explained in the tutorial, but at this time you can use the left joystick and dpad interchangeably, and the bumpers and triggers as well. Getting the analog controls to work as well as digital ones took a little doing, but it feels good at this point to me - so I want to know if it works well for other early OUYA adopters as well.

Known issues:

1) This is not adjusted for title safe region yet, so some graphics may be cut off in the corners.
    2) It doesn't handle quitting the game very well yet. If you quit it, you may need to reboot the OUYA or kill the process via adb shell to restart it.
    3) If you hit the OUYA button and come back, the music may become garbled, requiring a restart.

So if you're testing, here's what I'd like to hear:

1) Do you get any unintended movement with the joystick or triggers?
    2) How much overscan clipping do you get? If you want to take some photos of the game in action, it'll help me see where things get cut off.
    3) Does performance feel smooth?
    4) How do the controls feel to you?
    5) Any other bugs you ran into?

Again, this is not the final version of Beast Boxing Turbo, just a limited demo version for controller/hardware testing. It's still a work in progress, so if you have complaints about the look and feel, let me know and I might be able to do something about it before release.

P.S. I didn't lock down newgame plus mode, so in theory you can get quite a lot of replayability out of this demo, but you won't see the advanced enemy AIs. If you like it, please do consider buying the full game when the OUYA store opens.
    Last edited by goodhustle; 01-10-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: include youtube video
    Look for our OUYA Launch Title, Beast Boxing Turbo!

Very cool to see someone using this part of the forum I wish I had a dev kit to test for you.

It doesn't handle quitting the game very well yet. If you quit it, you may need to reboot the OUYA or kill the process via adb shell to restart it.
    You don't need to fix that! People shouldn't be leaving your game anyway, right?
    Follow me on Twitter! - @Sam_Jessop

Thanks for the first post! Checking it out now and will fill out your questions

Would you like me to send you the screen shots and things off line? If so just PM me and I will forward them along!

@Shiny_Box_LLC: Contact info sent!
    Look for our OUYA Launch Title, Beast Boxing Turbo!

Just sent some pics and notes your way!

20130109_144119-1.jpg20130109_144122-2.jpg20130109_144148-1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Box_LLC View Post
    Just sent some pics and notes your way!
    Tried to catch an action shot or two....but I am terrible with a camera. The game looks very crisp on my television, and the use of the OUYA controller is fantastic, nice job.

Can't wait till you release, we will be a day 1 customer for sure!!
    Last edited by Shiny_Box_LLC; 01-10-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Very cool video. I was going to make fun of you for losing at your own game but you made a comeback in round 2
    Follow me on Twitter! - @Sam_Jessop

OUYA Developer

Ill check this one out over the weekend. looks good from the bit i watched. And it tells me im sooooo far behind in my own game lol
    Cranial Shift: Galaxies is now on Facebook. Mobile coming soon

Looks like the guys at OUYA got ahold of your .apk and are playing it
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn