Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    I hate the phone and cameras so kind of asking a lot
    I don't see why. Your voice sounds like a radio host. You did much better than I expected. You asked good questions and everything. It was cool seeing what you both are like.

Yeah, I heard I have a face for radio a lot as a kid

Actually I get told that a lot. Don't know why.

Much better than you expected? Man...should have just dropkicked me....damn....

Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    I have to say that I while really do enjoy interviews about developers and development of games - new and old, I'd much rather read them than watch them. Perhaps others feel the same? Would it be preferable to the developer(s) and you to conduct the interview via IM or email rather than phone/video/skype?

I know email isn't as instantaneous and some questions may not be answered in full or in the way envisaged and may or may not be expanded on in further emails, but it can give the interviewee time to come up with longer, better answers if they are aware of what's going to be asked before-hand and there's no embarrassment about being on "camera."

Just my 2cents.

I do think it's great that you are doing this though - insight into the development of a game is fascinating and the information can help others improve there own
    That's just it, don't want them to be prepared. I want it to be organic.
    I was tempted to do a text interview or transcribe but there is something to actual interaction that just seems more real to me.
    Plus the video also gives something I can send to Youtube and other places and help out the Ouya movement in my own little way.
    I hate cameras and phones but I was willing to do it so they can too
    Quote Originally Posted by dra6onfire View Post
    Awesome interview killswitch. Very well done. It would be interesting in the future to bring in another mod or two to add in some variables to the conversation. That way you could also rotate out mods so they dont get burnt out.
    Thanks
    I don't even know if anyone wants to do it.
    Just thought we needed something to continue to make the forum different and stand out in the crowd. Though the crowd is getting smaller...
    Wasn't planned to be like some mod thing or whatever but if someone does want to conduct an intervew with someone, just take the mic
    I just wanted to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Yeah, I heard I have a face for radio a lot as a kid

Actually I get told that a lot. Don't know why.

Much better than you expected? Man...should have just dropkicked me....damn....
    I can't judge your face much because you were hiding in a small corner but from what I could see you are one ugly woman.

What I meant by much better than what I expected was that I thought you were just going to give him maybe five questions and it being five minutes long or something. Maybe even just him talking and you both not on screen. I didn't expect crap but didn't expect it to be the Killswitch Show either.

Killswitch show? Maybe I should have added a monologue....

I figured when I said interview that you might expect...you know...an interview

Was supposed to actually be side by side not a picture in picture but the software I bought for Skype sucks. Had to find another one on the fly and didn't have much time for testing since it burned like an hour going through the errors. Found one that's free and it worked without any issues. Sometimes the best things are free I guess.

Announcing the next interview.
    Will be interviewing James Gamble.
    Mr Game A Week.
    Jayenkai
    These are some of his projects.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Test-Thingumy
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...rrior-Jayenkai
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...pcorn-Jayenkai
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...opter-Jayenkai
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...Endless-Forest
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...oball-Jayenkai
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...Quest-Jayenkai
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...nture-Jayenkai

Yes they are actually his. All of them.
    So if you have questions, get them in. Just send me a PM.

Why do you want all the questions PMed? Seems like you won't get the same questions over and over if we all see them. Also, others' questions may help us brainstorm more questions by getting the ball rolling. Anyway, since he is Mr. Game A Week I'm interested in a few questions about the schedule of his average work week. Which day does he start his work week? What day does he try to submit the game? etc.

Well I guess you can ask here. I take all the questions, cut duplicates, edit some, etc.
    Didn't want the thread to be all questions because at some time this is going to get spring cleaned and separated I would assume but we don't really have a section for these here.

Ask away.

I can only apologise in advance for the horror that is about to burst your eardrums.
    I'm going to be WAY out of my comfort zone, doing a "with my voice" based interview, and it'll probably result in something which oughta be broadcast around Halloween or similar days of terror...

For what it's worth, the first time I recorded my voice was for the little teensy tiny vocal parts in "Sheep Goes Right", and that's only after 300+ games!!
    Scary stuff.
    I'll probably sound like a complete moron!!
    Don't let that put you off enjoying my games, though! I typing has much more betterer.

Quote Originally Posted by James Gamble View Post
    I can only apologise in advance for the horror that is about to burst your eardrums.
    I'm going to be WAY out of my comfort zone, doing a "with my voice" based interview, and it'll probably result in something which oughta be broadcast around Halloween or similar days of terror...

For what it's worth, the first time I recorded my voice was for the little teensy tiny vocal parts in "Sheep Goes Right", and that's only after 300+ games!!
    Scary stuff.
    I'll probably sound like a complete moron!!
    Don't let that put you off enjoying my games, though! I typing has much more betterer.
    Real life isn't like the movies where everything is scripted out. Sounding like a complete idiot is what it sounds like to be a normal human being. So, no one will notice but you because only you would be complexing about it. You will sound normal to us.

Yeah, but... EUUUWW!!!!

Was not expecting stage fright
    I'll be just as unprepared as you, the only difference is I'll have questions.
    Or does that make me prepared...
    Well I hate the phone so I'm stepping out of my zone.