Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Interview was planned so that members can participate. Not posting when asked for input kind of does show some lack of interest.
    Maybe not everyone but appearances...
    If someone is trying to set something up with a playthrough with the developers, they would also need to feel like there is interest too.
    I can't say hey Schiz let's play baseball and no one else is coming. Bad analogy but it fits.
    People do have questions which is great but was hoping to do something like a live feed.
    It's cool, just compiling all the questions for the interview and will post after.
    Wanted to do something more than just a block of text.
    But maybe we can set something up like Lighty's Game Night where they join in.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Interview was planned so that members can participate. Not posting when asked for input kind of does show some lack of interest.
    Maybe not everyone but appearances...
    If someone is trying to set something up with a playthrough with the developers, they would also need to feel like there is interest too.
    I can't say hey Schiz let's play baseball and no one else is coming. Bad analogy but it fits.
    People do have questions which is great but was hoping to do something like a live feed.
    It's cool, just compiling all the questions for the interview and will post after.
    Wanted to do something more than just a block of text.
    But maybe we can set something up like Lighty's Game Night where they join in.
    I can kind of see your point but my other personality debating you prevents you from having to keep on editing your post while asking for people to show more interest and provides a bump for you to get more interest. So, even though you disagree with his point you kind of agree.

I'm interested but this thread sounds vague to me. I probably wouldn't watch it if it's something done live (because of time and stuff).

I would probably make it a video chat with a play through if it makes sense that can be posted for people to watch. Once you have a full head of steam and interviews are consistent and expected, (and your interview style is nailed down) you can get members involved live. I wouldn't try to start it that way though. I would also suggest posting the next interview info when you post the video for the one you just did so that you are informing all the viewers that this is a recurring thing. Its always easier to catch attention with content than with questions about potential content. It would be cool to have a dedicated thread for each of these interview postings and those threads in a dedicated sub-forum so they can all be easily found.

I agree with dra6onfire, and also i think these interviews would be a great way for developers to promote their games. I bought bunch of games after reading an interview with a developer on Polygon, like Ridiculous Fishing from Vlambeer and this game called Year's Walk forgot the devs name but i think some guys from Sweden.

I don't know how to judge at this point.
    I have a few comments, all positive but the keyword is few.
    Maybe I need to throw up a poll for the silent people who have been in the thread.

The interview is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDucdgJp1q8
    Went well, there are even some surprises in the interview and a preview of things to come.
    Next interview is being set up. Won't name drop yet.
    Was not planning to make it a weekly thing unless people want to see that.
    Maybe bi-weekly, don't want to burn myself out in the process. I hate the phone and cameras so kind of asking a lot
    Time zones is another issue but I don't sleep much so that helps.
    Interviews I have in mind won't only be game developers. Maybe an Ouya fan, app developer, something along those lines.
    Now that I typed that line I just added 4 new people to my list.

Interview subsection? Well I can run it up the flagpole. Depends on how things go.

OUYAForum Fan

I have to say that I while really do enjoy interviews about developers and development of games - new and old, I'd much rather read them than watch them. Perhaps others feel the same? Would it be preferable to the developer(s) and you to conduct the interview via IM or email rather than phone/video/skype?

I know email isn't as instantaneous and some questions may not be answered in full or in the way envisaged and may or may not be expanded on in further emails, but it can give the interviewee time to come up with longer, better answers if they are aware of what's going to be asked before-hand and there's no embarrassment about being on "camera."

Just my 2cents.

I do think it's great that you are doing this though - insight into the development of a game is fascinating and the information can help others improve there own

Awesome interview killswitch. Very well done. It would be interesting in the future to bring in another mod or two to add in some variables to the conversation. That way you could also rotate out mods so they dont get burnt out.

Very nice interview, Killswitch.
    Signature Pending...

interesting interview, great job!