Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do you mean something along the lines of Ps3's infamous or Xbox's Halo? Or do you literally mean a mascot, like a bearcat

More like Mario and Sonic, or the Linux penguin.

Mascot sketch

I like the idea of having a character mascot, or several, if only because it could lead to all sorts of other fun things. (Mascot emoticons, mascot contests, 'make a game starring the mascot', etc)

Here's some ideas inspired by the OUYA font:

Last edited by Amonite; 12-19-2012 at 12:09 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb Cool console, cool mascot! Let's create a mascot for OUYA!

Hi there!
    My name is Sam, and I'm a cartoonist living in Barcelona. I'm a proud pre-orderer of OUYA, and I'm offering my humble skills here, with the hopes counting on the help of the community, that we could create a Maskot for OUYA! Because something so hot has to have one cool epic awesome maskot!

Ouya is special:
    • Ouya is rounded and cute
    • Blue is the color of the light
    • It's android based
    • 4 players at the same time
    • Looks from outer space! And it's elegant!

This is what I did based on that:

4 Players Icons (using the colors of OUYA buttons)

Based on the first simple logo kind of drawing a rough cartoony one:

Making a pixel kind of logo.
    In the last one I was trying to write OUYA with the face. The "O" is the shaped face.

My points:
    Because I was looking for something cute and simple, I get inspiration from Dragon Quest's Slimes (I love them). I try to keep the elegant line that the design of both the console and the pad has, but with a little sense of humour and positive attitude.
    - Top head is like the console (inverse)
    - Antennas: Android reference
    - Circle in the head: console switch.
    - On D. 4 hands because 4 players at the same room.

This is what you can do to help in the creation:
    • Propose directions and critics!
    • Be constructive and creative
    • No need to be related on what you saw before
    • Propose a name to he/she/it

What do you think of this idea? Do you think we can do something cool working together?

Example #1 engraved on the console:
    Last edited by SamCube; 01-09-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Ha, these are awesome! I wonder if anyone else wants to give it a try.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Thanks! I hope someone joins to this brainstorming! At least that way we can do creative stuff while we wait for our consoles to get delivered! ^__^

I really enjoyed your ideia and design.

what if its more than one mascot, ouya has 4 letters, it's can have 4 player at same time, maybe 4 it's a good number.
    I'm giving this suggestion because ouya is sometihing open to the community, and it was made real by ithe community,
    if the mascot can deliver this ideia of cooperation and collaboration, I think it would be awesomest

sorry for the poor english, just spiting out ideias

Honestly? Those eyes are creeping me out. Give it some irises, or non-round eyes. "Dead fish stare" is not something that strikes me as "cute".

Also, I prefer not to push it too much on being an Ouya mascot. Direct symbolism sounds too cereal mascot-ish. Looking at other mascots, such as Sonic, Mario, Megaman and possibly Master Chief as a de facto mascot, they all have, if anything only their colors as a reference to what their represent - Sonic is blue like the Sega logo, Mario has a red shirt and hat, like the Nintendo logo have been for several years, Megaman is blue and shoots yellow bullets, the two colors of capcom's logo and Master Chief has a green armor, like the "X" logo.

For the most part, what made them achieve mascot status is what they do and represent. Mario is colorful and does a lot of different things, well representing the tone of Nintendo. Sonic is fast and capable of a lot of destruction, showing Sega's tendency of fast-paced games with a lot of action. Megaman is capable of learning and adapting with things he finds on the way - common trait in capcom games. And Master Chief is a Chuck Norris-esque first person shooter character, well suited for the overall mature tone of XBox games

Is the white hole its mouth, or its nose ? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure about it. If it's its nose, I like it, if it's its mouth, I don't...

I like it on the console, but not really when its drawn, so I guess it's the colors that bugs me.

Having a mascot is definately a great idea though.
    Sorry, not really constructive criticism, I'm not really good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dop View Post
    I really enjoyed your ideia and design.

what if its more than one mascot, ouya has 4 letters, it's can have 4 player at same time, maybe 4 it's a good number.
    I'm giving this suggestion because ouya is sometihing open to the community, and it was made real by ithe community,
    if the mascot can deliver this ideia of cooperation and collaboration, I think it would be awesomest

sorry for the poor english, just spiting out ideias
    Yay! That is good! 4 different characters gives the feel of the community and also the 4 players in a room! I will think on something around that.

For the most part, what made them achieve mascot status is what they do and represent. Mario is colorful and does a lot of different things, well representing the tone of Nintendo. Sonic is fast and capable of a lot of destruction, showing Sega's tendency of fast-paced games with a lot of action. Megaman is capable of learning and adapting with things he finds on the way - common trait in capcom games. And Master Chief is a Chuck Norris-esque first person shooter character, well suited for the overall mature tone of XBox games...
    Agree on what you said. But I think beyond that the games they represent, they give character to the enterprise who produces the console. No need to do a game on the mascot just adds a charisma and attitude attached to the name.

Is the white hole its mouth, or its nose ? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure about it. If it's its nose, I like it, if it's its mouth, I don't...
    I like it on the console, but not really when its drawn, so I guess it's the colors that bugs me.
    I'm sorry to say that was a mouth what I intended to draw there ^__^ Sorry that didn't please. But you have a point there. It has to be even clearer to all the public. (And my english not ok neither!)

Thanks so much! I will try to add more ideas soon!