Close
Advertise Here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    Well, I recently got in touch with Ouya support for another bug and they actually explained to me how to reboot into recovery to flash an update on a rooted console, so I tend to believe they don't have a traditional approach about things the "end" user should or shouldn't do.
    EVERY company has policy about what they want end users to do. Why? Because end user support is almost always a burden on resources regardless of the expertise level of the user requesting the support.

Just because they walked you through something that's already widely documented out there with several avenues of support outside of OUYA themselves doesn't mean that is a green light for everything else. It's all a matter of the risk involved. The chances of you frying your console because you bricked it is a significantly lower risk than frying a controller eprom that requires a more intricate process to re-flash.

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    I have version 0x0004

Do I get a prize?

In past I've experienced really bad lag from downloading a whole bunch of games in a single session. But a quick reset usually solved that. As of today, the controller connects fine and there is no lag.
    Mine's 0x0101 .... Is there any prize for 1st? lol

I'm going to send a request to have mine updated. I think it's time.

I had 0x0103 but when I contacted Customer Service about Extreme lag and sticking buttons they had me ship them to them for a firmware update to 0x0104. This did nothing needless to say, but the trick to beating lag seems to be sitting within 4 ft of your OUYA and turning off other bluetooth devices (sometimes swearing helps).

Quote Originally Posted by Chii_Dev View Post
    This did nothing needless to say, but the trick to beating lag seems to be sitting within 4 ft of your OUYA and turning off other bluetooth devices (sometimes swearing helps).
    Hahaha.

So, since some of you have sent in your controllers for updates, how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    So, since some of you have sent in your controllers for updates, how did you do it?
    submit a request.

https://support.ouya.tv/categories/20097253-Gamer
    Demos. Who gives a shit...
    "I hate him" - Some Internet dude named Killswitch
    "I finally got intimate with my OUYA" - boxtropica
    "I bring the hookers and Mt Dew" - Killswitch

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/lO42Zgy.png[/SIGPIC]

I just wrote to savetheprincess 'at' ouya.tv, after which they told me what to do. Which was: Fill out an RMA-form, mail a picture of the controller's serial number and send them the controllers.

Have we ever had any definitive explanation of what a firmware update will do and what the difference between each one is? Just checked one of my controllers and its 103, but when I have four pads on at once at least one will lag out to the point where we simply can't play four-player games. If upgrading to 104 would help, I'd consider it, but there's no point chucking away good money for an update that does very little. Apologies if this thread is now considered 'too old' but it seems to be the only relevant one.

I had a controller that would lag occasionally lag...I sent in both for the x104 firmware. I have not had lag since...I've since bought one of the new controllers too...

Cheers man, I'm tempted to contact them and ask what they think - if it gets rid of lag I'd be tempted, though the postage from the UK would be irritating, might even be worth just buying some more Xbox pads or something.