Close
Advertise Here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Who knows, maybe in due time they will be able to expand their company to Europe. As of now, however, they are stuck in the states.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

2 members found this post helpful.
    They could just sell the cable they use to flash the newest firmware on ouya.tv for a few dollars and allow people to do it at home.

Never knew this, good find, mine is 0x0103 whenever i get bad lag i try to put the OUYA on it's side like Meltdown suggested, i Tried the Settings when on WiFi also

Sent mine in. Got an older one with 0x0104 firmware back, with batteries filled in, a sticking shoulder button and still got some lag sometimes, at certain angles between controller and console.
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Both My OUYA LE controllers are 0x0102. One is buggered and is being RMA'd I wonder if the other will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    They could just sell the cable they use to flash the newest firmware on ouya.tv for a few dollars and allow people to do it at home.
    Like everything else on the OUYA, I'm sure the cable is a widely available off-the-shelf commodity part. If you don't know where to find them, you probably shouldn't be re-flashing the component.

Which brings us to why they probably don't do this. I'm sure OUYA doesn't want to get into this area of end user support since it's easy to fry an eprom if you're not doing things right. I guess I don't blame them there. A fried eprom would end up as an unrecoverable cost to them since the fried controller would then come back as defective and have to be trashed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ditroia View Post
    Both My OUYA LE controllers are 0x0102. One is buggered and is being RMA'd I wonder if the other will go.
    If you are sending one in, you should go ahead and send the other one in too. They can update the firmware and may resolve or at least alleviate some of your controller issues. I sent three of mine in and had them back in my possession in seven days. GREAT turnaround!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticdog View Post
    Like everything else on the OUYA, I'm sure the cable is a widely available off-the-shelf commodity part. If you don't know where to find them, you probably shouldn't be re-flashing the component.

Which brings us to why they probably don't do this. I'm sure OUYA doesn't want to get into this area of end user support since it's easy to fry an eprom if you're not doing things right. I guess I don't blame them there. A fried eprom would end up as an unrecoverable cost to them since the fried controller would then come back as defective and have to be trashed out.
    I do things that could brick my console on a daily basis, so I'm not impressed. I think I could learn how to flash the controller with a how-to video on YouTube. Those "firmware" are probably some very small chunks of data. One could probably edit a 0x0102 to a 0x0104 with minimal effort put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    I do things that could brick my console on a daily basis, so I'm not impressed. I think I could learn how to flash the controller with a how-to video on YouTube. Those "firmware" are probably some very small chunks of data. One could probably edit a 0x0102 to a 0x0104 with minimal effort put into it.
    Don't assume your capabilities are on par with those of everyone else out there. They can't make an exception for you alone on this kind of thing or even a handful of people like you. It's the same kind of reason why most devices void the warranty if you open a device.

Just because they publish a firmware number doesn't mean it was meant for end users. It's merely another piece of the puzzle should they need to trouble shoot a controller related problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticdog View Post
    Don't assume your capabilities are on par with those of everyone else out there. They can't make an exception for you alone on this kind of thing or even a handful of people like you. It's the same kind of reason why most devices void the warranty if you open a device.

Just because they publish a firmware number doesn't mean it was meant for end users. It's merely another piece of the puzzle should they need to trouble shoot a controller related problem.
    Well, I recently got in touch with Ouya support for another bug and they actually explained to me how to reboot into recovery to flash an update on a rooted console, so I tend to believe they don't have a traditional approach about things the "end" user should or shouldn't do.