Close
Advertise Here
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

New MAME borders

I've posted these on another forum but thought it would be nice for those who still use MAME on their Ouya's.

Using big10p's border templates I've created some vertical game borders, mainly SEU games atm though others will follow.

Pack 1

Pack 2

To save me updating several forums with updates all new packs will only be available on this link;

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads...d&sb=1&o=&vc=1

I haven't been here in months, but glad to see another (final?) pack. These things add a LOT to the experience when using MAME on a TV. Thank you so much for everything you did, Big10p!

Quote Originally Posted by big10p View Post
    Hey guys! It's been a while but Pack 15 is now available for download here.

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't visited here in a while and didn't get notifications of new posts. I now have my own JAMMA arcade cab so have been busy restoring/fiddling/learning.

To try and answer some of your questions:

Thebrownfalcon: did you manage to get things working, in the end?

Dashingw: Yes, these packs should work on any platform that has a version of MAME that supports artwork. The .lay files are simple text files - just tell Windows to open them using NotePad, or the like.

AmigaJay: The bezels with lamps are a bit tricky! It's all done in the .lay file. I just learnt from how Mr Do! did it in the MAME World artwork - from which all my packs are derived. I think the only other one I've done so far with bezel lamps is Gorf.

As for requests, remember not all game bezel scans are available, and some arcade games never had bezel artwork. If you have a link to original artwork of the requested games, post here and I'll se what I can do.

Cheers, all!

P.S. Thanks for all the good feedback - it really helps with motivation to do more packs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    I haven't been here in months, but glad to see another (final?) pack. These things add a LOT to the experience when using MAME on a TV. Thank you so much for everything you did, Big10p!
    Thanks - it's always nice to get good feedback.

I no longer own an Ouya but the packs have proved quite popular with people playing MAME on PC, using a widescreen LCD/TV, too. I actually made a start on pack 16, but just haven't had the time to get around to finishing it, yet. I now have 2 JAMMA arcade cabs which take up a lot of my free time.

Thanks - it's always nice to get good feedback.

I no longer own an Ouya but the packs have proved quite popular with people playing MAME on PC, using a widescreen LCD/TV, too. I actually made a start on pack 16, but just haven't had the time to get around to finishing it, yet. I now have 2 JAMMA arcade cabs which take up a lot of my free time.
    Fair enough, and you've certainly earned "retirement". While I do still have an Ouya buried somewhere, I long ago switched to an Nvidia Shield Portable as my primary android microconsole.

If you ever do get around to finishing pack 16, though, I do have a request: could you do a generic cab for dual screen games (like punch out and various other Nintendo games)? Alas they don't work with the standard vertical cab.

On a side note-- what boards do you have for your JAMMA cabinets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Fair enough, and you've certainly earned "retirement". While I do still have an Ouya buried somewhere, I long ago switched to an Nvidia Shield Portable as my primary android microconsole.

If you ever do get around to finishing pack 16, though, I do have a request: could you do a generic cab for dual screen games (like punch out and various other Nintendo games)? Alas they don't work with the standard vertical cab.

On a side note-- what boards do you have for your JAMMA cabinets?
    Those dual screen games - like Playchoice 10 and Megatech - would be tricky to do on a horizontal monitor, TBH. I may have a go at it though, if/when I get back into doing artwork.

As for my cabs, I have MAME rigs running in both of them at the moment. One for horizontal games and one for vertical. Heaven!

As for my cabs, I have MAME rigs running in both of them at the moment. One for horizontal games and one for vertical. Heaven!
    You're living the dream, man!