Close
Advertise Here

Connection between PC and Ouya

I don't know if someone allready asked...
    But is there gonna be any kind of connection between Ouya and PC? Mayb thru USB cables? Can we access the HD, or any kind of memory storage in the device?

Have you tried to connect it to your PC to see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafreakzo View Post
    I unfortunately do not own an Ouya console as of yet. I would imagine with the SDK it would include whatever drivers, files, etc that you would need for it to support PC connection and installation. If anyone else here happens to have the console can you confirm this for us? Thanks!
    Geez, I didn't realize your "here" had a link XD
    My bad ...

"If anyone else here happens to have the console can you confirm this for us?"

/\ this.

The OUYA has both USB and micro-USB ports, but I've only used the included micro-USB cable to connect it to a PC. There's nothing special about the OUYA connection though, it's the same as any other Android device, and can be accessed and .apks uploaded with the adb tool.

Here's an adb logcat dump of the OUYA booting: http://pastebin.com/NYy2p0NH

And the back side connectors, if you haven't seen it yet:

I'm not sure the micro-usb will have enough throughput to stream from pc to tv. However, if you get the Ouya on the same LAN as your PC, I'm sure it would be technically possible to make an app that lets you stream
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Quote Originally Posted by Falken View Post
    The OUYA has both USB and micro-USB ports, but I've only used the included micro-USB cable to connect it to a PC. There's nothing special about the OUYA connection though, it's the same as any other Android device, and can be accessed and .apks uploaded with the adb tool.[/IMG]
    Did you have to do the driver/inf hack in order to get Windows to see the device, so you could connect to it via ADB?
    I would wager that this is only due to the dev consoles being such early releases... but it was a little frustrating to see all the instructions for Mac connectivity and nothing for Windows/Linux (YET!).

Still, once running, it's an awesome piece of kit :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jawdy View Post
    Did you have to do the driver/inf hack in order to get Windows to see the device, so you could connect to it via ADB?
    I use Linux for development, and didn't have to do anything at all for adb to recognize the OUYA. I do use the adb_usb.ini from here, so that might have helped: http://blog.apkudo.com/2012/08/21/on...rule-them-all/

On windows 7 I had to install my device as a generic "Android Testing Device", but it didn't need anything more than a modification of the adb_usb.ini file. There is a whole huge thread on the ouya.tv dev forums on how to get Ouya working on wind 7 if like some ppl you had problems, but it took me 30 minutes of messing with settings to find a solution. Hardly a show stopper
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    On windows 7 I had to install my device as a generic "Android Testing Device", but it didn't need anything more than a modification of the adb_usb.ini file. There is a whole huge thread on the ouya.tv dev forums on how to get Ouya working on wind 7 if like some ppl you had problems, but it took me 30 minutes of messing with settings to find a solution. Hardly a show stopper
    Could you give me a link to that? Couldn't find by myself .-.
    Does this works with XP as well?