Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: The Unrooted User's Amazon Games List

I found Sonic & Sega All Star Racing on the Amazon store on my phone. I bought it. If I can't find it on the Ouya I'll sideload it and let you know if it works.

Edit: It definitely shows up on Ouya. Installing now.

Edit II: Installs and runs fine but is touchscreen only so is unplayable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watson387 View Post
    I found Sonic & Sega All Star Racing on the Amazon store on my phone.

Edit II: Installs and runs fine but is touchscreen only so is unplayable.
    What's your verdict, watson? Put it on the touchpad only list at the bottom or mark it as unplayable? I'm not going to shell out the $$ for it, so you choose.

@carpmandanw: Thanks for the kind words, nice to know you find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    What's your verdict, watson? Put it on the touchpad only list at the bottom or mark it as unplayable? I'm not going to shell out the $$ for it, so you choose.

@carpmandanw: Thanks for the kind words, nice to know you find it useful.
    I'd mark it unplayable. You can navigate the menus fine with the touchpad but actually driving the car with it is impossible.

Some games there I did not realize worked well on the ouya, nice!

Doom & Destiny, which is today's free app of the day, works flawlessly. Full controller support. Get it while it's hot!

Edit: After playing for a while I gotta say this game is hilarious. It's a j style rpg with an adult sense of humor. Definitely not for the kiddies.

Odd - I've had the Amazon app store installed for ages, downloaded Doom and Destiny, but it wouldn't play - instead it told me to check My Apps, which I did...and it wasn't found there.
    My Youtube Channel - check out hundreds of OUYA vids -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mgfanjpeep

Quote Originally Posted by MGFanJay View Post
    Odd - I've had the Amazon app store installed for ages, downloaded Doom and Destiny, but it wouldn't play - instead it told me to check My Apps, which I did...and it wasn't found there.
    It's the free app of the day today. I found it and downloaded it right from the Ouya. Don't forget that with the new app store iterations you have to click the refresh button in the top right corner of My Apps for all of your apps to show up.

Banned

Worked for me.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by watson387 View Post
    It's the free app of the day today. I found it and downloaded it right from the Ouya. Don't forget that with the new app store iterations you have to click the refresh button in the top right corner of My Apps for all of your apps to show up.

I didn't refresh, did so, and then it installed just fine. Thanks! After clearing some space, I finally got GT Racing 2 to work it blew me away. Graphically, it's quite impressive and I actually enjoy it a lot. It's not as polished as Forza in any of its incarnations, but it's more fun to play than Gran Turismo and the points system reminds me a lot of the kudos in the MSR/Project Gotham Racing series.
    My Youtube Channel - check out hundreds of OUYA vids -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mgfanjpeep

Quote Originally Posted by MGFanJay View Post
    I didn't refresh, did so, and then it installed just fine. Thanks! After clearing some space, I finally got GT Racing 2 to work it blew me away. Graphically, it's quite impressive and I actually enjoy it a lot. It's not as polished as Forza in any of its incarnations, but it's more fun to play than Gran Turismo and the points system reminds me a lot of the kudos in the MSR/Project Gotham Racing series.
    Nice! Glad I could help!

I'll have to check out GT Racing.