Close
Advertise Here

Couch Crew - 4 people control one spaceship (Helm, Tactical, Engineer, Science)

Hello All,
    I'm making sort of a spin-off game of my game Quintet. This new game called "Couch Crew" is designed for the OUYA with 4 people using controllers (it is playable with 1, 2, 3 controllers as well). I've tested it with XBOX controllers too. (should work with other 3rd party controllers).

I haven't gotten to fully test the missions, but all of the basic functionality is working (cloaking, tractor beam, blowing stuff up, etc.)

Next I'll be adding network play so you can do couch vs couch. I'd love some feedback on what i have so far.

Thanks for your time!

APK is here:
    http://www.carmine.com/files/couchcrew.apk

Screenshot:
    screen.jpg

EDIT: Updated controller info.
    Last edited by Carmine T. Guida; 01-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Did any of the 93 people who viewed this thread check it out?

Banned

Do you have to have 4 people or can you do 3;2 as well? Do you support 3rd party controllers?

I've personally tried it with the XBox controller and it works fine.

You can fly a solo ship entirely yourself with one controller.
    If you grab the bigger ship, you could use 2 minimally (for flying and weapons).
    The third would be engineering and the fourth science.

So it's absolutely playable with less controllers and should work with 3rd party controllers.

Banned

hey I found that out after taking a spin with it. All the groundwork is there really well done. The physics are good and the controls are really responsive. I used 2 logitech usb controllers. It worked really well one of them the buttons were swapped weirdly.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    hey I found that out after taking a spin with it. All the groundwork is there really well done. The physics are good and the controls are really responsive. I used 2 logitech usb controllers. It worked really well one of them the buttons were swapped weirdly.
    Are you still there? I made a solo ship and hopped into "Room 1" of "Couch vs Couch"

Banned

Not at the moment I'm in a meeting. When I get back to my office I'll fire it up! should be ~10 minutes.

Also downloading mushroom bounce ; D

Edit: Crashed on me haha. Its really smooth but sometimes rendering causes fps drop. It only lagged really bad 1 time and it was while we were idly flying around.

The next ouya night i'll give it a shot with my friends

what's the status of this?