So, I'm sure there are plenty of games that you want to see on OUYA. Heck, I know there are at least 100 that I'd love to see. So, let's have a week long "OUYA Game Tweet-a-thon" (The OUYAGame-a-thon)!
- To get the attention of both indie developers and the AAA developers, and let them know that there are people out there (and lots of them) that would love to see their games on the OUYA.
- Convince developers to jump on board and start developing games for the OUYA ASAP.
- Get the attention of media outlets (especially those that have not been so kind to OUYA), and have them realize that there are plenty of fans out there that want to see games of all kinds on the OUYA.
- Thank the OUYA team for all they have done, and get them a bit of free publicity.
How this will work
1) Find the developers' twitter account(s) and make an @tweet to them with the following message (including the #ouyagameathon hashtag and the bit.ly URL to this thread - be sure to replace @devstwitteraccount with the developers actual account):
@devstwitteraccount I want to see "name of game" on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
2) Reply to this thread with a copy of all the tweets you send out.
3) Let your friends and fellow OUYA fans know about this OUYAGame-a-thon!
*note - Feel free to copy and paste any of the tweets below and post on your twitter feed.
When does this run?
Starting right now, and we will officially run this through December 15th. However, feel free to take part in this whenever you feel there is a new developer that you'd love to invite to the OUYA community!
@RockstarGames I want to see GTA San Andreas HD on OUYA! #ouyagameathon
@SEGA_Europe I want to see "Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed" on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
@naughtydog I want to see "crash bandicoot" #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
long shot I know but loved that game perfect for ouya
@DoubleFine I want to see Costume Quest on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
@RockstarGames I want to see GTA on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
@DigitalDNAGames I want to see CastleMiner on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
@SEGA I want to see Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
@frwololo I want to see Wagic on OUYA! #ouyagameathon http://bit.ly/1bdVoMP
..::I AM MELTDOWN::....::FREE DEMO::..
@gameloft @playouya @juhrman @OUYAForum_com I want to see #ModernCombat4, #Nova3, #GTRacing2, etc. on #OUYA! #ouyagameathon
@angrymobgames @playouya @juhrman @OUYAForum_com I want to see Guerilla Bob and Predators on #OUYA! #ouyagameathon
@BrianFargo @playouya @juhrman @OUYAForum_com I want to see #Wasteland2 and #Torment on #OUYA! #ouyagameathon
EDIT: A suggestion -- we should add the following three addresses to every tweet: @playouya @juhrman @OUYAForum_com; that's the official OUYA Inc. twitter, Julie Uhrman's twitter, and the twitter belonging to this forum (the latter should retweet every tweet it receives -- retweeting is important in the world of twitter!).
These tweets are borderline spam to the devs. That's why they are getting annoyed. To them, it's like receiving a mention from a bot. All of the tweets sound so... err.. artificial.. like there is no human behind them. I know if I had a popular game and I was recieving all of these tweets, I would be annoyed too and probably wouldn't want anything to do with OUYA.