Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SPMC - Koying

Great work as always! (btw what's keeping the PR from being merged?)
    Also, good thing to move this into a new thread!

Just to double check, I should have everything under Speaker Configuration unchecked ("Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver, DTS capable, etc)? I just want to make sure I have everything set right. I did a sound test video and it seemed okay.

Quote Originally Posted by riceandfajitas145 View Post
    Just to double check, I should have everything under Speaker Configuration unchecked ("Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver, DTS capable, etc)? I just want to make sure I have everything set right. I did a sound test video and it seemed okay.
    Correct.

Hi all...New to this forum and wondered if anyone could help. I seem to be experiencing this DTS/AC3 problem. Unfortunately I have side loaded 12.4.1 and also unchecked all the speaker config boxes above, but sadly still experience a problem.

If I leave the speaker config options checked I get the usual problem with that "buzzing" sound. If I uncheck those options the app just seems to crash and goes back to the home screen.

Not sure what else I can do. Have I missed something? I have it plugged through a Onkyo 608 amp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

I see you have a Onkyo to like me, maybey same problem.
    Altough i am not crashing, i only have no center speaker sound (with xbmc from store the center is working with passtrough)

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn Van den Heuvel View Post
    I see you have a Onkyo to like me, maybey same problem.
    Altough i am not crashing, i only have no center speaker sound (with xbmc from store the center is working with passtrough)
    Sadly I can't watch anything :-( The only way I can get it to work is to switch all the speaker config settings back to "checked", start the program stream, take hdmi lead out of tv, put back in..and then repeat this process every time I start a new program.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson01 View Post
    Sadly I can't watch anything :-( The only way I can get it to work is to switch all the speaker config settings back to "checked", start the program stream, take hdmi lead out of tv, put back in..and then repeat this process every time I start a new program.
    I got that solved with this (did not fix my no center speaker sound), try it on your Onkyo settings: Go into Settings > Hardware Setup > HDMI >
    Turn Off HDMI Control RIHD
    This will now show an option called Audio TV Out (This passes audio to the TV when you don't want to use your speakers)

For some reason turning this on stops the TV from confusing the Ouya as to what type of audio to passthrough.

Credits not me, crredits dr_frankenstein from a other tread.

Just wanted to share my experience with passthrough in SPMC 12.4.1.
    Have recently moved my OUYA from the lounge to the playroom.
    I used to use XBMC for OUYA with passtrhough in the lounge with my Onkyo amp, I could get AC3 & DTS working using the trick of switching off/on the amp.

In the playroom I just installed a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar which only has optical & coax digital inputs.
    I'm running an optical toslink from my Sony Bravia to the Yamaha. Passthrough of both Dolby Digital & DTS are working perfectly without having to switch the soundbar on & off. Both DD/DTS gave me static on the actual TV speakers, but setting the TV to external audio only and passing through to the soundbar via optical works great.
    Seems I'm quite lucky with the Sony TV though, as many TV brands don't passthrough DD/DTS from a HDMI source (something to do with HDCP, which is ridiculous as that should only apply to HD audio, as in DTS Master Audio & Dolby TrueHD).

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn Van den Heuvel View Post
    I got that solved with this (did not fix my no center speaker sound), try it on your Onkyo settings: Go into Settings > Hardware Setup > HDMI >
    Turn Off HDMI Control RIHD
    This will now show an option called Audio TV Out (This passes audio to the TV when you don't want to use your speakers)

For some reason turning this on stops the TV from confusing the Ouya as to what type of audio to passthrough.

Credits not me, crredits dr_frankenstein from a other tread.
    Sadly...For whatever reason I still get static if I try this...So far the best option appears to be taking out the hdmi lead and plugging it back in after the program has started...Bit of a pain..I hope they get these licensing issues sorted :-(

I registered to thank koying for all his work - the ONLY reason I bought Ouya was to turn it into a silent Media Center and run XBMC.
    Well, 20$ later (Noctua fan replacement) and a few XBMC/SPMC versions, I think I'm pretty well set up. Patiently awaiting the HDMI debacle to get sorted out (and yes, I did vote in the poll) and still having those minor annoyances with Dolby. I can live with this - for now.

One note for koying: I use killa.sampla.x264.mkv to test XMBC builds, and recently I noticed that XMBC 12.3.2 runs fine, while SPMC 12.4.0 and 12.4.1 crash 20sec into it. This is WITH H/W acceleration enabled - if i disable it it does not play more than 2fps, but at least is not crashing.
    I read about libstagefreight changes - one can assume the problem lies there.

FYI...this is the test video file I'm talking about:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/386450