Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: What should the next generation of OUYA called?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • OUYA 2.0

4 17.39%
  • OUYA II

9 39.13%
  • OUYA 2

7 30.43%
  • OUYA 2014

1 4.35%
  • Others, suggest in the comments!

2 8.70%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Let's talk OUYA 2. What would you like to see?

Am I really the only guy who wants a taco dispenser? :-(

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

When do you guys think the next OUYA will be released? I'm really hoping it'd be in March/April.
    And I'm certain games will be backward compatible. Though certain newer games might not be able to handle the older hardware.

Banned

Re: Let's talk OUYA 2. What would you like to see?

Hahaha. Yeah right. More like next fall/winter

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mazdajdavis View Post
    Keep dreaming for a Tegra 5 a chip that doesn't even exist yet.
    It certainly does exist and will be available in actual products you can purchase by the middle of next year if not sooner: http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/16...-kepler-can-do

The only thing I really want out of a new OUYA, would be more power to USB, so that unpowered USB hubs can be used reliably.
    Just a dev without a hoodie
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ._
    (o>
    / )
    @Spinal_Cord
    ^^

-------------------------------------------------------
    Download "Don't Flip Out" to your OUYA now!
    Download "Joe" direct to your OUYA!

More RAM would be nice, but if something needs to be sacrificed to get it under $99, I think RAM should be it. Very few if any devs are maxing out the RAM at the moment. There are other bottlenecks that would have a bigger impact on both existing games, and in being able to give devs the ability to create more ambitious games

Mic jack would be really nice. In fact, going to post a separate thread with an idea I have in mind for that.

The really important thing is to change the perception of the OUYA. That means the controller can't have any of the problems that have afflicted it in the past, in terms of lag/bluetooth issues. It'd be better for OUYA to go overboard on making sure this particular part of the hardware is improved.

As well, OUYA are making great strides with the UI/Launcher software, and so long as they continue to iterate on that, they should be fine. Though having said that, it might be worth keeping some updates / new features back so that they launch with a really stable, rock solid build. No point squeezing in maximum features just to have them as bullet points on the sales pitch, only for one or two less-than-polished ones being a drag on things. OUYA 2 must be super-polished, and perceived as much more the finished article, consumer ready version

Other wishlist things include having some joined up marketing. Letting OUYA devs know about the launch months in advance, so that they can prep their games and marketing to all tie into the launch window. Last time, the marketing didn't have much of a focus on the actual games, but there are some real quality offerings on the platform now, and probably a fair few hits-to-be that devs are keeping quiet about. It'd be a shame if those devs missed the opportunity to be OUYA 2 launch games simply because they weren't told far enough in advance

Also, SD card slot, in addition to USB storage ought to solve that problem once and for all
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

My wish list is mostly software related.

- Android 4.4.
    - Support for development using Phonegap / Cordova.
    - A web browser preinstalled in the app launcher (not buried in submenus like the current one) with a more controller-optimized interface.
    - Ability to sideload apps / and games from the web browser.

But I certainly wouldn't mind faster hardware too. I can't play 1080p videos with VLC. Too laggy. Maybe faster hardware would help?

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    The really important thing is to change the perception of the OUYA.
    Yes, and fixing broken promises should be a part of this. Remember the hackability promise? How many people bought a Ouya primarily because of this? I know I did.

I wish they would partner up with youtube for an OUYA youtube app, because I find that whenever I gather a bunch of friends at some point someone mentions youtube and then everyone has one or two videos on their minds that they need to show.

Quote Originally Posted by haikallp View Post
    When do you guys think the next OUYA will be released? I'm really hoping it'd be in March/April.
    And I'm certain games will be backward compatible. Though certain newer games might not be able to handle the older hardware.
    That's way too early.
    I think august or september because they need to make sure everything works, especially the manufacturing.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seiseki View Post
    Because it takes time for devs to fully push a consoles performance and you don't have an unlimited amount of time.
    I also see a lot of mobile games that make lots of compromises due to performance concerns.
    The more freedom devs are given the easier it is to churn out games and not have to worry about stuff like tris count, drawcalls and fillrates.
    And it will take time for most developers to push OUYA 1.0 to its limits and I think a year isn't it. I would welcome more performance but not at the expense of other things or at a huge price point.