Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: What should the next generation of OUYA called?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • OUYA 2.0

4 17.39%
  • OUYA II

9 39.13%
  • OUYA 2

7 30.43%
  • OUYA 2014

1 4.35%
  • Others, suggest in the comments!

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CesarYAtique View Post
    This. When OUYA 2 launches it should have tegra 5
    Tegra 5 isnt even been shopped to manufactures yet & to keep the price point low thats not going to happen. Get an Xbox One or PS4 which i will be doing if you want that kind of power. Your missing the point of the OUYA completely. It will have a Tegra 4 no if & or buts about it. Keep dreaming for a Tegra 5 a chip that doesn't even exist yet. It will be in the Ouya 3.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mazdajdavis View Post
    Tegra 5 isnt even been shopped to manufactures yet & to keep the price point low thats not going to happen. Get an Xbox One or PS4 which i will be doing if you want that kind of power. Your missing the point of the OUYA completely. It will have a Tegra 4 no if & or buts about it. Keep dreaming for a Tegra 5 a chip that doesn't even exist yet. It will be in the Ouya 3.
    I find it interesting how fast people want to upgrade the chips when even today developers haven't fully pushed the limits of the Atari 2600 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    I find it interesting how fast people want to upgrade the chips when even today developers haven't fully pushed the limits of the Atari 2600 yet.
    Because it takes time for devs to fully push a consoles performance and you don't have an unlimited amount of time.
    I also see a lot of mobile games that make lots of compromises due to performance concerns.
    The more freedom devs are given the easier it is to churn out games and not have to worry about stuff like tris count, drawcalls and fillrates.

I would like to see improvements with the controller. I want rechargeable battery packs, rumble motors, improved dpad, improved triggers and a port so I can plug it to my PC and charge the batteries too.

Banned

4 full size 3.0 usb ports, 2gb of ram, tegra 5, rechargeable battery packs, stronger bluetooth for controllers/system, dedicated wifi antenna, taco dispenser, multiple case designs, better thumbsticks/triggers/bumpers, chat features, native netflix, Dolphin/PPSSPP native.

I have no desire for a 'more powerful' OUYA console. The only thing that I want is an improved controller, and if that requires a new OUYA, so be it. They have to kill the persistent lag problems, which I still encounter, and it would be nice for the thumbsticks to have some more texture on them.

Surely with that kind of specs, it will cost more than $150
    Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    4 full size 3.0 usb ports, 2gb of ram, tegra 5, rechargeable battery packs, stronger bluetooth for controllers/system, dedicated wifi antenna, taco dispenser, multiple case designs, better thumbsticks/triggers/bumpers, chat features, native netflix, Dolphin/PPSSPP native.

Rumble functionality would be great. But most importantly, I want the next controllers to have better thumbsticks and USB
    charging would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    TOUYA
    Touche

I think the team at OUYA must realize that, for great games to come, they have to have a great set of hardware. Especially if they want to attract the likes of Gameloft

Posts merged. Please do not quadruple post. Try to use the 'Edit Post' button below next time to add to your previous post. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hydrus; 11-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Banned

Re: Let's talk OUYA 2. What would you like to see?

It would not be too expensive. With the soac getting cheaper and cheaper they will be saving a lot on the hardware besides the nvidia chip. Also the usb ports are not at all more expensive. Would just require changing the configuration.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

AW: Let's talk OUYA 2. What would you like to see?

I'm very sure the OUYA 2 will have hardware that's available at that time for a price that allows the OUYA to still be 99 USD. That's part of what they stand for.

I assume they will change stuff that addresses known problems (could be a better wifi antenna/ bluetooth receiver, or a change of bluetooth technology away from the power saving one), will NOT add additional hardware specs like USB ports but will instead pack the best processor and RAM and stuff available for 99 USD.

Things I'd like to see:

-Better physical build (The Micro USB slot on mine, which is a retail console, just broke off while testing the samples. That's just silly.)
    -SD Card Slot
    -Tegra 4
    -moar ram
    -Cool new case design(s)
    -Backwards compatibility with games AND cases (i.e., you can put an OUYA 1 in an Ouya 2 case, or mayhaps vice versa.)
    -Headphone jack
    -Digital Audio Jack