Rules for Posting in the Current OUYA Games & Apps Folder - MUST READ
Dear Members of OUYAForum,
We're announcing from here on out that Current Games & Applications folder will be handled differently. Members who aren't the actual developers, or affiliated with the project they're wanting to make a thread about will no longer be able to create threads in this forum section. The reasons for this is because developers who don't make the threads and aren't the thread starters don't have the necessary permissions to edit the first post to notify OUYAForum of updates such as new pictures, change-logs, and anything else that correlates to their project. The members who have posted threads prior to this will not have their threads changed unless the original developer wants ownership of it along with not being disenfranchised, or responsible for any wrongdoing for merely helping out the forum until this point.
However, there are exceptions to this which can allow regular members to make threads in this section and that's only if the game/application they're wanting to make a thread about is at least 5 days old in the Discover store. There is also the option of getting consent from the developers themselves to make a thread for them, but this must be shown to Staff member Killswitch via private message before doing so. Even then you're to follow this format to a "T" or else the thread will be deleted. To put it plainly:
- You must wait until the game/application is at least three Days old in the Discover store before making a thread. This can be nullified by getting consent from the developers themselves, but it must be shown to the two Staff members mentioned above.
- You must follow that format given above.
- Staff reserves the right to edit and update any thread that isn't made by the actual developer upon that said developer's request.
- All Staff excluding Eddie Krassenstein must also follow these guidelines with no exceptions.
To be assigned to the Developer user-group please contact OUYAForum Staff member Killswitch through private message. He can assist you at getting set up. OUYAForum.com also offers advertising options for developers. You can see all of our ad options here.
This folder is for the discussion of all OUYA games. Only 1 thread per game is allowed in this folder. This is a great way for OUYA Game Devs to get a little bit of free advertising for their games. OUYAForum.com is the most active Unofficial OUYA related forum on the internet.
RULES FOR POSTING
1) The first post of the thread should only be an introduction to the game, including screenshots, details, etc. If you would like to ask a question about a game, or leave a review, tip etc on a game that doesn't already have a thread created for it, please create a new thread. Remember to provide a brief introduction for the game in the first post. Then respond to your post with your reviews, questions, etc.
2) All additional posts (responses to the first post) may be game reviews, questions about the game, tips for the game, or anything else related to the game that is being discussed.
3) The developer of the game has the right to edit the first post of their game thread to include whatever information, screenshots, videos, etc that they would like. Simply send a private message to Killswitch with the details, if you would like any changes made to the first post of your game thread.
4) The title of each new thread must be in the following format Game Name - Developer Name. (example: Madden 2013 - EA Sports)
5) All games must be on OUYA or 100% confirmed to be coming to OUYA within the next 3 weeks, in order to have a discussion thread in this folder. If your game is not currently on OUYA or coming within the next 3 weeks, please post about your game in the "Upcoming OUYA Games & Apps" folder
6) Before starting a new thread for a game, please be sure to search for it on our site, and check this list, to make sure there already isn't a thread created for it.
We encourage users to leave reviews for games, as well as ask the developers or other gamers questions on specific games. This folder can also be used to report bugs in certain games.
PAID STICKY ADVERTISING
We have a feature that allows developers of games to do a bit of promotion for their games. As as developer you can purchase a "Paid Sticky" ad in this folder. "Sticky" posts will be pinned to the top of the discussion folder (like this current thread), so that it will get a lot more views. Please see our Advertising Options for pricing details.
Last edited by Eddie K; 11-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.
AW: Rules for Posting in the Current OUYA Games & Apps Folder - MUST READ
Please limit the sticky function to a certain amount of time... You're earning money by making your user's wade through posts that are about old games, otherwise.
Apart from that: Nice move to get the devs in!
I wouldn't worry about that scenario as I'm sure that when the time comes for OUYA to sink or swim and ad-payers come in(for the latter), we'd have some sort of limitation in place. I'm glad you enjoyed the new revision. Me and and few other Staff members brainstormed to make it as pro-developer as possible while remaining it as fair as possible for regular members who only seek to help the forum and discuss games/applications.
Originally Posted by simple-smile
Updated to change the time a game must be in the Discover store from 2 weeks to 5 days, before a normal (non developer) is allowed to start a thread for a new game.
Changed it myself from five days to three. Content flow seems to be increasing.
Originally Posted by Eddie K