Close
Advertise Here
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thanks for the support guys!

I think the PAX playlist will run all week on Discover, so you will likely get to play the new version like on Monday or something.

if you need some beta testing for the new version, i'm your man!
    Not enough time really. Will do some minor things today, get those new powerups on the levels and then test on Ouya until Thursday. I am busy on Friday so will upload my final build early. I do not have time to add any new features (got a full time job etc). Just going to make sure the new game is solid.

Super Game Droid is doing another roundup. This time they are doing their first Ouya roundup. In the Android roundup, Rush to Adventure managed 54% of the votes. Going up against other Ouya games will probably be a lot harder. First prize is a video review and I would love one of those. The voting is at the bottom of the page. You do not need to sign up to vote, you can vote anonymously. Please show your support and vote for Rush to Adventure

Click here to go to the roundup!

I also made their news last week so check out the article here if you missed it.
    Last edited by Digital Awakening; 08-19-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure
    Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko

Awesome awesome stuff. Will vote!
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Thanks Starfighter

This has turned into a competition between Rush to Adventure and Super Renegade Response. Make sure you vote for your favorite
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure

Damn it, Super Renegade Response is great as well, in its own way... Well, I promised you first!

(Sorry rosse! )

Edit: Tried to sign up through Twitter, but the site wanted these permissions:

* See who you follow, and follow new people
    * Update your profile

I'm going to go with "no" on that one. Wowsers... I have voted through another method now none the less.
    Last edited by Starfighter; 08-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

I am still in the game. Will definitely download and try SRR as soon as I get the chance. It seems very popular

Hey guys, writer of the article here. Great to see Rush To Adventure has gotten such a positive response, it's an awesome game and totally deserves it.

Just wanted to clarify something about the voting process, you do not need to use a social media account to vote in the poll and can vote anonymously. When you do use a social media account when voting on our site the permission requests do not actually come from Supergamedroid.com but from a polling service we use called opinionstage through their in-site polling widget similar to how Disqus works. I think they use those permissions in order to allow people to retweet/share the poll without actually leaving the page.

The only reason we even involve social media accounts in the first place is as a bulwark against people flooding the poll with fake votes which has happened a few times in the past. We started out with a purely anonymous poll in the beginning but it became clear pretty quickly that people were abusing it and even using ip spoofers when we blocked their ip from voting. After searching around we found the poll system we currently use since it does a pretty good job of keeping things transparent for everyone and it still includes an anonymous option without us having to constantly check it every half hour.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my crazy video game ramblings, it's very humbling to see so many people like what I write when i'm just another ouyaforum user like you guys!

This has turned into a very heated battle. After a slow start, without any hope, I thought RTA was pulling ahead. Now we are behind again. If you want to support my game please place a vote on Rush to Adventure. It is neck and neck and every vote counts!

Hey guys, writer of the article here. Great to see Rush To Adventure has gotten such a positive response, it's an awesome game and totally deserves it.
    Thanks

Cheating aside, have you had such a heated poll before? The ones I've seen hasn't been near this one.

BTW, thanks for the article you wrote last week. My co-worker disputed the "Dark Souls style combat system" comment on the basis of the game being 2D, but I totally get what you mean I haven't played Dark Souls, got it for free on 360 but I don't have much time to play games.
    Last edited by Digital Awakening; 08-20-2014 at 04:33 PM.

have you had such a heated poll before? The ones I've seen hasn't been near this one.
    It really varies based on how much the respective devs are engaged, but some of the Friday Night roundups have gotten pretty intense with several hundred votes. I'm a little taken aback by how much people have cared about winning. I mean in my mind i'm just your run of the mill Android gamer that built my own soapbox to yell at everyone from so I sometimes have to figuratively slap myself and tell myself to take things more seriously.

Hey man, thank you for making such a good game! I wouldn't write about it if I didn't like it. Looking forward to the full version and hope you keep making cool games for me to play! The Dark Souls comparison I think is accurate to an extant. The reason I said that is because RTA's combat uses a stamina based system where you have to be strategic about when to attack or retreat, just like Dark Souls. It's the same kind of idea just in 2D and it adds a ton of depth to the gameplay. Play Dark Souls for a few minutes and I think you'll see what I mean.

Hey man, thank you for making such a good game! I wouldn't write about it if I didn't like it. Looking forward to the full version and hope you keep making cool games for me to play!
    Thanks for the kind words I look forward to making more games, I have plenty of ideas. My next project is pretty much decided on by now, it will of course be released on Ouya. But contrary to the name, I do not intend to rush RTA. I have a plan for what I want to do with it and will take as much care of the rest of it as I have so far. I wish I had funds to take time off from work to complete the game sooner. I have thought about crowd funding but I don't know if I can reach enough people. I am starving on publicity at the moment.

The Dark Souls comparison I think is accurate to an extant. The reason I said that is because RTA's combat uses a stamina based system where you have to be strategic about when to attack or retreat, just like Dark Souls. It's the same kind of idea just in 2D and it adds a ton of depth to the gameplay. Play Dark Souls for a few minutes and I think you'll see what I mean.
    I thought it was more about trying to land hits without getting hit back, outmaneuvering the enemy, learning their patterns. From what little I have heard about the combat in Dark Souls

Wow the voting is close. What can you win?
    Voted for you, DA. Keep up the good work.
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."