Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

sp4rks:
    Thanks

I agree, retro is not something that's going to go away. As long as it's done well and the gameplay is fresh and fun. A large chunk of the games I buy are retro 2D games. My friends might complain over how they look. But we played some Risk of Rain (should be on OUYA) and Towerfall on my TV this new years eve, and we all had a blast. I think OUYA is good platform for retro games. People expect them to be there.

I am trying to take in as much feedback as I can from the pre-alpha. The floatyness was brought up and it ended up as part of increasing the jump height. It's not a big difference, just a small tweak.

Have fun with your OUYA!
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure
    Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko

Here's the new cave background. I really like the light effects on this. Not sure if I'm happy with all the rock formations so I might redo parts of it in the future.

On the TIGsource forum I've had a discussion about the stiffness of the controls and the short attack range. I have made an unofficial version with the new jump height, movement speed and some smoothing on the controls (etc). I can't smooth the controls too much as the current gameplay requires fast and precise moves. It doesn't have the new backgrounds as they are not coded in yet. I would really like your opinion on controls and attack range so please download this version and tell me what you think.

Android/OUYA
    Windows

BTW, was watching AVGN play Castlevania yesterday and those games (at least the 8-bit ones) doesn't seem so have any smoothing on the controls. But the attack range is far longer of course. Castlevania is BTW another game that inspired me to make RTA, just forgot about it
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure

I have been working a lot on the new gameplay and implemented the new moves. This is an unofficial release that doesn't include the new backgrounds and the levels have not been updated to match the new gameplay. Also, the content is still the same. No OUYA specific updates yet. I tried to compile a special version that would increase the FPS but I have to look into that some more. I would really love some feedback on this update though.

Here comes the updates:

You now get an option to start a new game or continue when there is an existing save file. Taking damage from enemies always results in a knockback in the correct direction. And an end of level sign, in the shape of an arrow, now automagically appears at the end of every level.

I've increased the hero attack hit box, both length and height. The hero now crouches on landing when falling more than 3-4 tiles (visual only). Tweaked energy recovery, removed the delay after attack and slightly increased the rate on higher difficulties (to compensate for the increased cost). Movement and animation speed have also been increased for the hero.

New moves. These will be unlockable in the alpha but here you got all of them unlocked from the start. Both Y and A are special buttons.
    - Dashing
    Double tap and hold direction while on ground to activate. Once you light up you got maximum speed. You can now jump further and attacking (even in mid air) is now considered a Dash Strike, adding 2 more to damage but drains extra energy.

- Jump Strike
    Hit the special button in mid air to strike down at enemies on the ground. Costs a little extra energy.

- Power Strike
    This requires 3 stars minimum. Hold the special button while on ground to start charging. When ready you lift the sword up. Release the special button to unleash your most powerful attack. It costs twice as much energy as a regular attack but adds extra power based on the weight of your sword. Jumping cancels the charge.

Download

Finally the new forest background has been completed. I am really happy with how this turned out. Much better than I had expected. I think it's actually my favorite.

Banned

Lookin fantastic man keep them backgrounds comin

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Just gave the game a try. Reminds me of Wonderboy in Monster World but in a really veeery basic way.

timmytot666:
    Thanks This is the last background for the alpha release.

Pat1986:
    I'm not a Sega guy so I haven't played that game. But looking at a video, I can see what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Awakening View Post
    timmytot666:
    Thanks This is the last background for the alpha release.

Pat1986:
    I'm not a Sega guy so I haven't played that game. But looking at a video, I can see what you mean
    Wonder boy came out on multiple platforms iirc "Arcade, Master System, Commodore 64, Famicom, PC Engine, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Atari ST, mobile phones, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade"

I agree though, when I saw it, I immediately thought Wonderboy in Monster Land.. which is a good game too. So You bet I will give this a try on release
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimega View Post
    Wonder boy came out on multiple platforms iirc "Arcade, Master System, Commodore 64, Famicom, PC Engine, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Atari ST, mobile phones, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade"

I agree though, when I saw it, I immediately thought Wonderboy in Monster Land.. which is a good game too. So You bet I will give this a try on release
    Thanks I think I've seen it on XBLA, not sure if I did try it or not. Zelda 2 is the game that inspired me the most.

The Hero, the plattforms, the golden coins, the mushroom enemies...totally wonderboy
    Maybe you should give Wonderboy in Monster World a try and get some more influence, as this game is a really good light Metroidvania.