Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

timmytot666:
    Thanks It's a bit outside of my comfort zone. This was probably the easiest background to do. I am still thinking about how to do the others. This one is also not done yet as I want to generate different looking ones and add some parallax effects.
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure
    Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko

The new artwork was a bit different than I expected but works well. Makes the level feel more alive.

Thanks guys

jbrodack:
    I am a bit curious. What had you expected?
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure

Re: Rush to Adventure Digital Awakening

I haven't played because I like to wait until finished versions to play. The game definitely looks good though. It'll be a guaranteed buy for me once it hits Discover.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Awakening View Post
    Thanks guys

jbrodack:
    I am a bit curious. What had you expected?
    I guess what I wrote does prompt that question. I was expecting the current sprites like the hero to be redrawn with more detail. But now I'm thinking the basic retro look but with more going on in the background is the perfect look for the game. So keep doing what you're doing.

watson387:
    Thanks And just wanted to add that you don't really spoil anything by playing this version. It's also very solid and stable.

jbrodack:
    I do like the look, especially with the backgrounds. However, the game would probably do better with higher resolution graphics. Would love to work with a good pixel artist. More likely that will happen with my next project. What that project will be depends on how this one goes.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on RTA the last couple of weeks, a few hours every weekend. I have finally completed the new editor and will start working on towards the alpha. I got a long list of updates and I am looking forward to getting everything working. Here are some shots to show off what the editor can do. The editor of course is not meant to be used on OUYA. I will look into how I will do level sharing across platforms. I would love to do a level sharing server, but that's a lot of work. The editor will be released for PC and most likely Mac as well.

Here's a look at the new tower background. I think it turned out quite nice. Still have 2 more backgrounds to go. I think I know how I want to do the cave but not sure on the forest.

I started working on the alpha this week. The coins bob up and down and when you touch them they fly up and fade away. Water and lava are now animated. I have increased the movement speed by 15%, so the game feels a little less sluggish. I have also increased the jumping power (and gravity) so you now jump 1 tile higher and 1 tile longer. This is manly to increase the possibilitis for level design. Should also make the jump feel less floaty. Enemies are now slowed slightly on hit, depending on the weight of your sword. Blocking melee attacks with the (upcoming) iron shield also slows the enemy.

This looks awesome. Who said retro is so last year. Reminds me when I was younger with my c64. A definite buy for me.
    My missus might even enjoy this aswell as my two boys.

And I haven't even got my OUYA yet (on its way) but I've already lined up a ton of games to buy.

Edit:

I think you should keep the floaty jump as it adds to the retro feel. A double jump might be an option.
    Last edited by sp4rks; 01-05-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: to save double post