Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Rush to Adventure - Digital Awakening

Rush to Adventure is a retro style game inspired by old 8-bit Nintendo classics. You arrive on an island, only to discover it is almost overrun by monsters. Assist the islanders, level up your hero, find new weapons and uncover the secrets of the island. Can you rid the island of its curse?

This alpha release contains about 20-30 minutes of content but offers a lot of replayability. Containing 10 short, action packed levels and 4 difficulties. You are also scored and ranked at the end of each level. Trying to S-rank every level is quite a challenge. Play on insane difficulty at your own risk.

"The feeling of running through a level, nailing every hit, getting perfect jumps, and navigating it perfectly. It becomes a dance. I really, really enjoy that. It's quite a hard thing to achieve in game design. You've done it, and I love it. Can't get enough of this game." @greenlig

For downloads, screeshots and more movies visit: digitalawakening.se

Last edited by Digital Awakening; 08-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.

I love this game

Very impressive for pre alpha status. I like the short levels and the light rpg stats and equipment. I would like to see a bit more detail in the action scenes and more equipment and all that. In general seems really good and very interested to see where it goes in future versions.

Thanks guys

I would like to see a bit more detail in the action scenes and more equipment and all that.
    If by more detail you mean art, I'll be looking into that for the alpha. I also have some special attacks planned. There will be a total of 14 weapons in the full game.
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure
    Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko

I got a developer diary up on my website now. There will be more updates to the site in the near future.
    I am currently working on a retro sidescrolling action adventure called Rush to Adventure

And right after making that post I noticed that OhMyNugget uploaded a playthrough of the entire alpha. So if you don't want to download and play the game you can watch him play it instead.

its more fun to play it urself

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Awakening View Post
    Thanks guys

If by more detail you mean art, I'll be looking into that for the alpha. I also have some special attacks planned. There will be a total of 14 weapons in the full game.
    Yeah I meant more detailed art and backgrounds which it looks like you have planned. Special attacks should be cool like charge (hold down the button) attacks. Wish I could be more specific but there doesn't seem to be much I would change. Just keep adding to it like you have planned.

Thanks guys

Here's a look at the new level artwork I am working on. I would appreciate some feedback on the look.
    Last edited by Digital Awakening; 11-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Banned

Looks fantastic. I'm excited for this game to come to our little console : D