Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

[Discover] EMUya (NES Emulator) - Oriku

Great news today guys. I have been informed that there is an NES Emulator in the works for the OUYA.

Here is part of a conversation I had with the developer today:

Within the next few weeks or so I will release screen shots, but for now all I will say is that it's the first emulator truly designed for the tv and social experience. It will take full advantage of all 4 cores to bring the experience to the highest level possible on an ouya. I come from the background of delivering AAA titles, such as Uncharted and Rage, and I will bring that level of sophistication and polish to emulation with me. Stay tuned :-)

The working title of the emulator is EMUya

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Super mario of course !!!!

I'll play much Super Mario, Zelda and Metroid!
    Nostalgia is back!

xD

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Is there a chance to play Google play games on OUYA??
    (with emulator etc.)
    I know most if not all games are designed for touchscreen on Google play..but maybe an emulator can convert controller actions in those touch events?!
    Would this be possible in a hackable Console?
    Would be best
    thanks for answer in advance

Really looking forward to seeing an emulation scene develop on Ouya. Having old games from multiple consoles and new games together on a single system is one of the reasons why I believe Ouya's open platform is the future of gaming. We've lived in the dark ages of walled garden consoles for far too long.

Great stuff, I loves me some Kickle Cubicle.

I hope it gets a better name closer to release though :/ Emuya doesn't sound NESish enough.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by AdyCarter View Post
    Great stuff, I loves me some Kickle Cubicle.

I hope it gets a better name closer to release though :/ Emuya doesn't sound NESish enough.
    Thats cause NES is only the first step.

Great news. So far a N64 and NES emulator are in the works. Does anyone think it's possible that OUYA will ban emulators from the console?

Quote Originally Posted by batCrazy View Post
    Great news. So far a N64 and NES emulator are in the works. Does anyone think it's possible that OUYA will ban emulators from the console?
    Hypothetically they could ban anything from the store, considering the open and rootable nature of the Ouya though its unlikely to be effective in stopping them from appearing on the device.

Worst case scenario, you have to root the Ouya to play emulators (which would mean not playing Ouya games unfortunately, since a rooted Ouya supposedly can't access the Ouya store or any apps downloaded from it). It's quite likely they won't be allowed on the Ouya Store, since Boxer 8 wants big AAA developers on the system, and they tend to look down on officially supporting emulators. But who knows...a couple emulator writers emailed Boxer 8 to ask about it, but haven't posted about any responses.