Close
Advertise Here

OnAir Player - OnAir Player Inc.

Stream your music to the OUYA while controlling it from the phone or tablet. No matter where the music is stored, even if it is stored on another computer (which has OnAir Player installed).

OnAir Player lets you access and control all your music from any device. Install OnAir Player on your computer and add all your music, then stream that music to the OUYA while controlling it from the phone or tablet.

The idea behind OnAir Player is simple yet powerful: You don't worry any more about where music is stored or how to connect to the device you want to stream to. You simply select where the music should play (e.g. OUYA), then grab any device and choose your songs. OnAir Player makes it work, even across the internet!

We just published to the OUYA store, so you need to find us in the Sandbox for now (don't forget to thumbs up us ;-) ). Download the apps for your other devices at www.onairplayer.com/downloads.

Re: OnAir Player - stream music to your TV and control it from the phone or tablet!

Can this play in the background like pandora? What if my music is stored on my ouya?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    XBMC info for newbs http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?11077-OUYA-XBMC-And-You!

How to Amazon Appstore http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8351-How-to-Amazon-AppStore

Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    Can this play in the background like pandora? What if my music is stored on my ouya?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    Yes it can play in the background. And your music on OUYA should be found. You can even stream your OUYA music to other devices if you like

I downloaded the app and had my Macbook paired with the app on the OUYA, but it couldn't load the directory where all my iTunes music is stored. Does it take a long time for it to get all the songs from there if there's a lot in it?

EDIT: Derp, nevermind. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CadmiumRED View Post
    I downloaded the app and had my Macbook paired with the app on the OUYA, but it couldn't load the directory where all my iTunes music is stored. Does it take a long time for it to get all the songs from there if there's a lot in it?

EDIT: Derp, nevermind. Fixed it.
    did you import the music? On Mac and Windows it won't find music automatically but needs you to import a music folder. Once you do that the songs should start to show up within a minute or so, but it might take some time until all are imported. Go to settings (top right), then import music.

It was the wrong directory is why it didn't work the first time. There were two folders that had the same name and I tried the other one and it's fine now. I also noticed this too about the player; the songs you play don't start instantly the moment you press play, though they'll kick in in a few more seconds afterward. What then happens is that the songs then cut out a few seconds prior before they end according to the time counter. Being the app is still in beta, it might be something to look at in a future release. Otherwise, this is really nice for my OUYA menu to have some BG music going!

Just sideload "soindseeder" (receiver/speaker) on your ouya and the companion app on your phone and you can use a fairly good alternative without the need to sign up to yet another company.

Why do users need to sign in to what is merely a "stream over wifi" service anyway?

I uninstalled the app immediately upon finding out and will stick to sound seeder.

EDIT: shortly after I emailed my complaints to the team, they replied (and gave permission for me to quote them too). Their (slightly edited, as I combined a few replies into one for clarity) reply is below:

- Hi there,

thanks for your feedback!

The reason we are asking for a sign up is that we do WAY MORE than streaming over wifi. We actually stream across networks, so you can stream from your phone WITHOUT switching to Wifi. You can also put music on your OUYA and access it on the phone while on the go. Same is true for all our apps (phone / tablet / Windows / Mac).

I personally share your reluctance to sign up for services, but we wanted to build something truly innovative (not just being yet another streaming over wifi thing).

By the way, we really don't care about collecting data. One example of that is that we do not verify your email when signing up, so you can use a dummy address if privacy is your concern. Just don't use another person's existing email (we will send a welcome email).

Best,
    Daniel

Daniel Vocke
    Founder & CEO
    OnAir Player Inc.

EDIT 2: The phone app keeps crashing and force closing on my galaxy note 2. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Laimal-Convoy View Post
    Why do users need to sign in to what is merely a "stream over wifi" service anyway?
    The reason we require an account is that OnAir Player actually works over the internet, not only your local Wifi. You can use your phone to control the music on 3G / 4G without joining local Wifi, you can even control the music from the web (for instance using your iPad). It also allows you to access your home music on the go, so if you have music on your OUYA or computer then you can listen to it on the phone anywhere (while your OUYA / computer is on of course).

If privacy is your concern then you could also sign up with a dummy email address (we don't verify the email intentionally, but we send a welcome email, so don't use another person's address).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Laimal-Convoy View Post
    EDIT 2: The phone app keeps crashing and force closing on my galaxy note 2. Anyone else?
    We had an email conversarion about this issue. You ignored Google's request to install / update Google Play Services. This library is used for server push notifications and OnAir Player relies on it. I will fix this by gracefully exiting with a message instead of a crash though.

If you ever experience a crash please click "report" so I receive a stacktrace and can fix the issue.