Close
Advertise Here

Using ouya gamepad on PC

Well I found many ways to use my ouya gamepad on my pc, and I gotta tell you all. I really like it over using my 360 wired gamepad, I got it working for most of my games through a program called JoyToKey, and others through x360ce. It does require a bluetooth adapter. It is really easy to setup, I even have a tutorial on how to here.

The only problem I keep running into with games it kinda works for without those programs is it registers the 2 triggers as the right analog stick and it grabs the value from the controller on it and that value is preasure sensitive. Anything above or bellow 0 directly effects it. So in games like Sonic Adventure DX on steam I am fighting with the camera rotating all of the time even when not pressing the triggers at all. In sonic adventure DX configuration application it does not read the ouya controller at all, but in game does. You can not change any settings in game. I do not know how to solve this issue since it reads directinput not xinput. Also controllers in this game trumph keyboard so even when I use JoyToKey it will read the controller input over the emulated keyboard input. I would like to fix this issue but idk where to begin.

Even with that issue I still prefer to use the ouya controller over my 360, the touchpad is extremely useful.

There are many games I got it to work without any additional programs some of those games are:
    Halflife2, halflife1, counterstrike source, l4d, tf2, commander keen the armaggedon machine, bionic commando rearmed, and Sega Megadrive & Genesis classics( sega's genesis emulator that you buy the games for on steam)

The ouya controller should work for most direct input games that do not use a 2nd analog stick(because it picks up the triggers as the 2nd analog sticks in most games I have tried and JoyToKey you have to change it in there), I have not tested that many as most of my games either have no controller support(meaning you have to use programs like JoyToKey) or only allow for xinput(dam microsoft). If there is any other questions about how to hook up your ouya controller to your computer I will try to help.

I connected both of my Ouya controllers to my PC and they are so shaky they are not usable for any games. Does anyone have a solution for this?