Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flamepanther View Post
    I haven't had a lot of success with the Moga emulation myself. However, the only reason it should rely on Google Play at all is that it needs the Pivot app. If you can get Moga pivot somewhere else, then I don't see why you'd need the Play store.

Look in the Xposed Framework installer settings and make sure there is a checkmark to the left of the OUYA mod collection there. Easiest thing to miss.
    Did this.
    Still no love.
    Guess I can't play any games that require google for verification.

Quote Originally Posted by flamepanther View Post
    I haven't had a lot of success with the Moga emulation myself. However, the only reason it should rely on Google Play at all is that it needs the Pivot app. If you can get Moga pivot somewhere else, then I don't see why you'd need the Play store.
    Thanks flamepanther. I had a bit of a potch around and came to the conclusion that rooting and installing the Play Store as per this guide was the way forward. It was a relatively painless process and Asphalt now works fine. It doesn't load from the Make menu but if I launch the Moga Pivot app first, then select Asphalt in there, it loads fine.

Play store loads...then crashes, i just factory reset my ouya.

And Rerooted it.

Fustration, Fustration everywhere

-did i spell that right?-

I am having the same problem unable to login to play store. Any solutions that have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by alquistador View Post
    I am having the same problem unable to login to play store. Any solutions that have worked.
    I fubar'd my ouya by toasting my thumbdrive with some good old fashioned static electricity.
    So I did a restore from the menu.
    This had the side affect of fixing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by alquistador View Post
    Problem solved. For got to check to something

Google Play Error

Still having the same problem?
    I get the same error message.

Is this still the preferred method for rooting?
    Picked one up at Christmas and wouldn't mind being able to install some apps from playstore.
    Thanks

Not sure if this is the right section, but weird thing that happened after I rooted, was I installed Avast(never have before)
    got some virus flags on some games I /dl from the ouya store, cleaned em, then kept getting a virus flag for the rooting
    app I used to root with which was kingroot. I dont really d/l a whole lot, and really am just using ouya more as a xbmc/kodi player,
    but I wasn't sure what to do, cause avast kept popping up, so I just uninstalled it. Ouya works fine and is still rooted
    Im just wondering if anybody else ever used/s AV or if you even have to do that on the Ouya, or if theres one thats preferred and works. Just not sure whats good.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

If you used ReRoot and the GP store is crashing then you are using the wrong version of the exposed framework. Take a look at the prompt when you installed GP it says you need 2.5.1 I believe.