Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: The OnLive Tutorial

Connect a keyboard and hit escape to bring up the menu.
    Or disable kill activities and double tap the menu button. Brings you to the launcher then if you open onlive the menu is up.
    Or use a ps3 controller.
    Or use a usb controller with a pause button. All of mine work including 2 logitech (1 old 1 new), and one generic that I can't even find a logo for.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Banned

I'll have to look into playing Deus Ex, and see what the problem is exactly. On some games I use a keyboard, and have to basically click on every button to see what does what. I'll let you know if I locate the "select" button for that game. I think it was TAB in another one I was playing, but I don't know if that is across the board or not. ESC pulls up the Dash board (if I recall correctly), but from what I'm discerning you are wanting to bring up the in game menu. Anyhow, I'll let you know what my findings are.

note: I have two OUYA controllers. One of them works way better than the other, and this is the one I use to play games. My wired xbox controller freaks out sometimes, otherwise I'd probably us it. Although, when I use my "good" ouya controller I can't discern a difference. Anyhow, my personal thoughts are that a lot of the hardware was inconsistent to begin with, and this accounts for the varied reactions to the devices hiccups/or lack of. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Superfirefly View Post

I want to add that I have a ton of lag with the OUYA remote in any FPS but other games seem to be fine.
    I find that the lag in games varies. Most of the FPS games do have lag. I think it mostly has to do with the connection speed, but I'm sure the controller plays a roll in this as well. My humble opinion is that there are two versions of OUYA controllers out there. One is considerably better than the other. If you can get your hands on a wired xbox controller you may be able to help the lag issue. I found that Unreal Tournament works pretty good, but Homefront Multiplayer is Fairly laggy. I've really been enjoying ALIENS vs Predator, even with the slight lag. For me there is a small margin of lag that I can deal with, but beyond that it can become pretty frustrating. I also turned down the sensitivity of the controller in the options menu for the game. Yes, I move slower, but I can actually fine tune my head shots now. Anyhow, hope this helps.

Cheers
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 01-26-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Banned

I don't have lag in any games I've played. I have a really high bandwidth.

Banned

Timmy, that is really good to hear. This is the kind of information I'm looking for. I've been thinking about getting a higher bandwidth internet, but wasn't sure if that was really the issue (although I figured it would help). I find it totally playable now, but definitely would appreciate a smoother experience. Thanks for the information. I wonder if Onlive will ever officially come to Ouya? Fingers still crossed.

Cheers

Has anybody figure out the select button issue? I really would like to finish some of my OnLive games from my OUYA.

Banned

Select can be forced with either a usb keyboard/usb controller with select buttons/ps3 controller select button/xbox usb controller with select button. I've been using a usb controller with onlive and having the select button is required for some games.

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightyKD View Post
    Has anybody figure out the select button issue? I really would like to finish some of my OnLive games from my OUYA.
    The latest update has fixed this issue (at least with a wired USB xbox controller), and there's a shiny new user interface as well. Tested on Saints Row IV; I haven't really played any other games.

EDIT: I had an odd experience with Batman Arkham Origins today. I had plugged in my wired usb controller after my OUYA was on then went into Onlive. Once I started Origins, the select button was acting like the start button, much like it used to in SRIV. I exited the game and Onlive, then rebooted my OUYA with the wired controller still in. Once I started onlive and then Origins, the select button started acting like a proper select button. Interesting.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

I know this thread is probably dead but is this still worth getting, just to use on ouya that is? Because that's all I would use it for. And also how many games are payable with the ouya? I am interested in getting an account and trying it out, is all

It's worth getting if you plan to do one of the following

A) use the $9.99 play pack. It's a Netflix like service that gives you access to nearly 200 games but honestly there are only a good 10-15 that are worth playing

B) use OnLive to play play passes you purchased before the v2.0 transformation. This is what I am doing. Many older OnLive gamers actually own play passes to certain games. Play passes are no longer available.

Honestly, I HATE OnLive's pricing. You really only have three ways to play.

A) buy the play pack at $9.99

B) Use Cloud Lift which means buying a Cloud Lift compatible game on steam at full price then having to pay 7.99 each month to play that game on OnLive

C) buy the 15 dollar bundle which includes the two previously stated services.

Also, don't forget to USE A WIRED 360 CONTROLLER. It will make life easier for you.

Ahhhhh thanks for that lighty. I don't have an older pack so I guess it would be the play pack for me. I'm not paying twice for steam games. No way. Still I am intrigued by it especially when I tried out the playcast games on discover.

Although I don't own a wired 360 controller but I do have a generic USB controller.