Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Anyone else notice their fan constantly on? When the launcher sits idle in the home screen my temp was clocked at 65C. It normally sits 50C with the default launcher..weird

Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    Anyone else notice their fan constantly on? When the launcher sits idle in the home screen my temp was clocked at 65C. It normally sits 50C with the default launcher..weird
    O.o
    I hope its not the launcher causing that.. If it is, I have no control over that, the OS decides weter or not is nessesar to turn the fan on (wich is never a bad thing I guess)

On a side note, I was exchanging emails with a reviewer at the OUYA team to get the launcher on the store, so far they liked it and they are looking into making a list of requirements for apps like this one (wich they havent made yet), so if it all goes well and I can keep up to the requirements, It may get into the store
    One requirement was no root, so...

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderGames View Post
    Low-res tiles: This is to improove loading time, tiles are gathered from OUYA's servers at the resolution I ask for, and I dont want having to wait too long for them to show up, at least not on he store! I could add an option to have them load at higher resolution if you want, but it will load slower.
    You could load the low-res ones and then when all the visible titles have loaded, load the hi-res ones over them.

What about my feature request for a button to eject storage/browse with external app? Doable? It really sucks to have to go all the way into Advanced Settings to eject my stick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pandronic View Post
    You could load the low-res ones and then when all the visible titles have loaded, load the hi-res ones over them.
    Thanks
    Yeah I guess that would be possible as well

Quote Originally Posted by pandronic View Post
    Outstanding job. Could you please add the ability to eject / browse (if you have FilePwn installed) the external storage? Also an update notification / autoupdate would be nice.
    I use FilePwn as well, but I dont know what you mean by eject/browse.. you mean, mount storage or just open the file browser to the sdcard? :S
    If you mean the second, just go into APPS and open FilePwn from there, If you meant the first, it requires root.

Autoupdate is up and running for the Launcher only, until I figure out a reliable way to check for updates for all installed games and apps right from the system, its already in the priority list.
    Manuel Etchegaray
    Aka: Manuel777
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    http://invadergames.net
    contact@invadergames.net

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderGames View Post
    Yeah I guess that would be possible as well
    I use FilePwn as well, but I dont know what you mean by eject/browse.. you mean, mount storage or just open the file browser to the sdcard? :S
    If you mean the second, just go into APPS and open FilePwn from there, If you meant the first, it requires root.
    Maybe I wasn't too clear - if you plug in an USB stick, it would be helpful if the Launcher would detect that and ask you if you'd like to browse it and later when you are done with it, it would be nice to have an easy to reach button to eject the stick directly from the launcher without the need to go into Android's Advanced Settings. It's not a must have feature, just a little bit of polish to make our lives with OUYA easier.

Autoupdate is up and running for the Launcher only, until I figure out a reliable way to check for updates for all installed games and apps right from the system, its already in the priority list.
    Good to hear.

I always like to see custom launchers! Thanks for your work here. Definitely going to try this out today.

First update!

v1.0.4: (13/09/2013)
    - Updater version display number fixed (you wont see it until 1.0.5 is up)
    - Analog sticks fixed
    - Installed games/apps icons now load from the apps, not OUYA servers (no more loading bars in menu!)
    - Games and Apps now show sorted by last used first, then alphabetically
    If you want to have the high-res thumbnails loaded right from the apps, just clear the app data from the Android system settings

Edit: I noticed FilePwn does not show correctly when sorted alphabetically, this is because the display name in FilePwn is the same as the package name..
    Manuel Etchegaray
    Aka: Manuel777
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    http://invadergames.net
    contact@invadergames.net

Wow! This is a great launcher alternative. You did an excellent job and love that it fits into the Ouya theme so well.

One thing though, Is it possible to add support to control the launcher with a keyboard? I have a mini keyboard I use for XBMC and I find I have to turn my Ouya Controller on to get into XBMC then use the keyboard from there on. If you could add that, then that would be great.

Thanks again

Totally rocking this on my Ouya! Can I ask some things?

- It can be possible to change the game tiles? This goes because:
    - Is it posibble to add shortcuts? Many emulators have an option to add a shortcut to a specific game, and having the games right on the main screen would be just so nice!, and this leads to:
    - Can new tabs be created? You know, like one that says "retro".

Excuse my english, and nice work!

EDIT: Something I forgot, I think something that your launcher needs is a update icon for the tiles, since some of my games needs updating, and since the launcher just launch the game, I really don't know which app needs updating. Thanks(:

InvaderGames: Update on the bug I emailed you. It seems that it is not just an issue with ethernet as it happens on wifi too. You got the email after I re-sent it, right?

Also, one suggestion I have is to keep the main menu choices visible when scrolling down. At least for me, I find it a bit annoying to have them disappear as you go down when they're all visible from the first choice.