Close
Advertise Here
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Custom OUYA Launcher

Use BAXY as a launcher. No need to root.

Quote Originally Posted by chibitetsuo View Post
    you have rooted your ouya first?
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad View Post
    Use BAXY as a launcher. No need to root.
    Actually you do need root to use disscovery with baxy, my launcher doesnt need it at all.. The .apk may be outdated since abominable snowman came out, since then I havent been ble to catch up on the changes the OUYA team has made (especially the menu overlay when you double tap, ugh), they seem to love to destroy every 'hack' I found.

So... Sorry if you guys want to use this launcher right now, but the PC I was using to develop this has rendered useless now and I need to also catch up with the latest fixes GMS has had over the last few months, so it is an etensive update to the codebase I have to make to get it working back again and be able to put up an update that fixes all of the issues arised in the holidays.. I WANT to do it, just dont really have the free time to do it

Anyhow, the ofiical launcher is not that terrible in Abominable Snowman, and since that version is the one that caused my launcher not working properly (and even causing some real shitty problems with the "home" button when the default launcher is not properly defined) I recommend you guys to switch back to it for the time being, and try to not swicth between third party launchers too often.
    Manuel Etchegaray
    Aka: Manuel777
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    http://invadergames.net
    contact@invadergames.net

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderGames View Post
    Actually you do need root to use disscovery with baxy, my launcher doesnt need it at all.. The .apk may be outdated since abominable snowman came out, since then I havent been ble to catch up on the changes the OUYA team has made (especially the menu overlay when you double tap, ugh), they seem to love to destroy every 'hack' I found.

So... Sorry if you guys want to use this launcher right now, but the PC I was using to develop this has rendered useless now and I need to also catch up with the latest fixes GMS has had over the last few months, so it is an etensive update to the codebase I have to make to get it working back again and be able to put up an update that fixes all of the issues arised in the holidays.. I WANT to do it, just dont really have the free time to do it

Anyhow, the ofiical launcher is not that terrible in Abominable Snowman, and since that version is the one that caused my launcher not working properly (and even causing some real shitty problems with the "home" button when the default launcher is not properly defined) I recommend you guys to switch back to it for the time being, and try to not swicth between third party launchers too often.
    sorry for u.

but you're laucher have very very beautifull fonction and good apparence.

i thin it's a great machine but the ouya is dying?

I really like this launcher, however I have a couple suggestions...

- For each program can we enable moving/deleting from the console with a button press?
    - Being able to manually move each app into games/apps/other etc... For example Nostalgia will be in "Other" not "Games" when using this.

That's about it, other than that.. awesome job!

I don't know what you are talking about but I can use Baxy just fine without being rooted. The difference is that the Discover button goes to the main menu for non-rooted while the rooted goes to the discover page directly. No big deal though.

ahhh man, no longer working, was trying it out but keeps saying Loading data..
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

does anyone have a working link to the last version of the apk as some one else apears to have bought the domain the the link goes to.