Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I tried small and big pak game files. Nothing was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    I tried small and big pak game files. Nothing was working.
    Same here, I downloaded a massive zip file with a ton of .pak files and not a single one worked

Think I found a solution to our problem gentlemen.

I was using a thumb drive to copy the OpenBor .apk, and .pak files. I noticed when you open OpenBor, and a usb drive is plugged into the Ouya, it will by default create the OpenBor directory there. For some reason, the games will not open from an external drive.

What I did was copy the OpenBor .apk file to the SDcard, then turned off the Ouya and removed the thumb drive. Then, installed OpenBor, which this time created the directory in the SDcard. Copy the .pak files to the PAKS folder, and OpenBor will successfully open the games. (You will need to use the touch-screen controls to open the game, then you can configure the gamepad in the game's options.)

All three games I tested, He-Man, Power Rangers, and Marvel First Alliance 2 work great! The Ouya just got even cooler.

If anyone has two gamepads, see if you can configure both to be used for multiplayer. I know this guide says you can't, but I would like that to be further verified if anyone can test it. OpenBor + Multiplayer + Ouya would be the ultimate gaming experience!

Edit: I used FilePWN btw.

Figured out how to have Multiplayer in OpenBor.

The guide is right, it will only detect one controller.

So what I did was used a wireless Logitech keyboard. I programmed the the number pad on the keyboard to be the directional buttons, spacebar as jump, etc. for Player 2.

At the start of the game, it will only detect Player 1, but once you enter a stage, you can press Start as Player 2.

As long as the keyboard inputs and Ouya controller don't have any overlapping controls, both Players will be able to control their character independently!
    Last edited by mmartino; 12-11-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terryfruit9 View Post
    Think I found a solution to our problem gentlemen.

I was using a thumb drive to copy the OpenBor .apk, and .pak files. I noticed when you open OpenBor, and a usb drive is plugged into the Ouya, it will by default create the OpenBor directory there. For some reason, the games will not open from an external drive.

What I did was copy the OpenBor .apk file to the SDcard, then turned off the Ouya and removed the thumb drive. Then, installed OpenBor, which this time created the directory in the SDcard. Copy the .pak files to the PAKS folder, and OpenBor will successfully open the games. (You will need to use the touch-screen controls to open the game, then you can configure the gamepad in the game's options.)

All three games I tested, He-Man, Power Rangers, and Marvel First Alliance 2 work great! The Ouya just got even cooler.

If anyone has two gamepads, see if you can configure both to be used for multiplayer. I know this guide says you can't, but I would like that to be further verified if anyone can test it. OpenBor + Multiplayer + Ouya would be the ultimate gaming experience!

Edit: I used FilePWN btw.

Figured out how to have Multiplayer in OpenBor.

The guide is right, it will only detect one controller.

So what I did was used a wireless Logitech keyboard. I programmed the the number pad on the keyboard to be the directional buttons, spacebar as jump, etc. for Player 2.

At the start of the game, it will only detect Player 1, but once you enter a stage, you can press Start as Player 2.

As long as the keyboard inputs and Ouya controller don't have any overlapping controls, both Players will be able to control their character independently!
    since i have a shit load of pak files on a hard drive would it be possible to play my files from the hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by correa View Post
    since i have a shit load of pak files on a hard drive would it be possible to play my files from the hard drive
    No, the game will crash on boot when it tries to read from an external storage device. I've only gotten it work when the pak is in the internal storage.
    Signature Pending...