Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

2 members found this post helpful.

OUYA's Response to the FREETHEGAMES Fund Controversy

OUYA has contacted us and wanted us to post the following message on their behalf about the Kickstarter FREETHEGAMES Fund Controversy. This came directly from the OUYA PR department.
    Hi Eddie - Hi Eddie - Thanks for reaching out. We've seen the controversy around the games and we'd love if you would let the community know a couple of things:
    1. We've heard our community's concerns and appreciate their interest in OUYA not being scammed.
    2. OUYA has not contributed monetarily to these two games or any other games participating in the FreeTheGames fund program.
    3. As of now and as far as we know at this point both Gridiron Thunder and Elementary My Dear Holmes comply with our rules and regulations so we will be moving forward with funding. If that changes, we will let you know as we always do.
    4. We really just want to support game development while bringing great content to OUYA - this was our full intention with the Free The Games fund and we hope that spirit is embraced.

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Well that's, that I suppose.

Points finger at everyone "TOLD YOU SO!"

Thanks for the bad answer yet again!

I wouldn't call that much of a response. But I've seen the numbers, and something is going on.

I suppose the bottom line will come when the KS payout happens. if it funds successfully, then by all means, pay out the reward. It doesn't matter WHERE the money on the KS campaign is coming from as long as it comes.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I thought Free The Games were suppose to fund games that OUYA fans want, but if it's just a excuse to waste money as 1st come 1st serve no questions asked, I guess theres nothing wrong then.

Soo act fast if you want to double your money, since money is loose at the FREETHEGAMES.

Can someone explain the controversy to those of us that missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Can someone explain the controversy to those of us that missed it?
    See
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...mes-initiative
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaminy View Post
    I thought Free The Games were suppose to fund games that OUYA fans want, but if it's just a excuse to waste money as 1st come 1st serve no questions asked, I guess theres nothing wrong then.

Soo act fast if you want to double your money, since money is loose at the FREETHEGAMES.
    I guess the quality isn't an important factor for any sort of due consideration. There's probably a truly brilliant game concept in someone's head right now that's slowly being put together, researched correctly, and will be ready in 3 months time for the KS pitch.

But it'll never be funded by OUYA or get made because the well dries up too quickly on crap that every country but one can't give a damn about (like American Football). Plus the small humble budget the legit devs ask for on Kickstarter would have been enough to cover around 75-80% of the total cost. Cos it's best not to be greedy.

This will be unfortunate. But it's going to happen. If things are going to be exclusive, I want them to be great and potentially industry impacting titles. Not damn sports games!

I don't really care. As long as the games are delivered, I'm happy. I would call it a rip-off or a scam if they promoted something like Need for Speed and they gave us Pacman or Dig Dug. As long as what was promised gets delivered, then it's all cool. No rules are being broken, so... Meh.