Close
Advertise Here

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

20 years of power Rangers

Today we celebrate 20 years of power Rangers (hoy celebramos 20 años de power Rangers)

Watch "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Full Theme Tune" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6...e_gdata_player

Shaoranmps

Administrative Forum Overseer RiotingSpectre's Avatar

It was corny, surreal at its worst, and lacking any in sort of direction... But that's one of its charms. It was a amazing show the original series. The fight scenes and opening theme were things we'll always remember. It will be a permanent mark in the history of live-action television that we all enjoyed.

Happy Birthday Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Become a OUYAForum Supporter and gain cool perks all for just $0.99!
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn.

YES!!! Today we celebrate 20 years of the greatest damn TV show in history! Happy Birthday! Also, "HA HA" to all those people who bullied me in school and told me that Power Rangers wouldn't last long. "In yo faces!" Now September cant get here fast enough so that we can finish off "Power Rangers: MEGAFORCE" and get to next year's highly anticipated "Super MEGAFORCE". BTW if you have no idea why next year's show is so highly awaited... LOOK!

966946_10151492915046687_1386265536_o.jpg

477836_10151476365296687_204531752_o.jpg

legend.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    It was corny, surreal at its worst, and lacking any in sort of direction... But that's one of its charms. It was a amazing show the original series. The fight scenes and opening theme were things we'll always remember. It will be a permanent mark in the history of live-action television that we all enjoyed.

Happy Birthday Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
    Same here, I really like the Original series, and *some* of the early sequel series were okay, but after that it fast descended into ridiculousness...

Yes i mostly don't like the new ones but all the zordon saga i love it

Shaoranmps

I think I watched through to Lightspeed Rescue or SPD, but then they moved production to New Zealand and the newer shows lacked a certain spark. Maybe I just got too old. Fond memories of the 90s. *sigh* I am looking forward to that reunion series.

The History of Power Rangers...according to Tommy. This covers everything from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 01) til Power Rangers Dino Thunder (Season 12)

I wish there was such a video for seasons 13-20 but the closest thing we have are the in-depth "History of Power Rangers" videos from Linkara. Those videos are damned good and cover each season in nearly one hour videos. I think he has worked all the way up to Season 14 (Mystic Force) and is still going at it.

Timeline for those of you wondering where the hell you left off

01 / 1993 to 1994 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (longest season EVAR. 60 freggin episodes!)
    02 / 1994 to 1995 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    02.5 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie (This is set in an alternate universe and is basically an alternate of the first 3 episodes of season 03
    03 / 1995 to 1996 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin alien Rangers is just the last 10 episodes of this season and does NOT count as a separate season)
    04 / 1996 - Power Rangers ZEO
    04.5 Turbo A Power Rangers Movie (This movie IS cannon and is the ONLY way to see how the Turbo Rangers got their powers)
    05 / 1997 - Power Rangers Turbo
    06 / 1998 - Power Rangers in Space (End of the Zordon Era)
    07 / 2009 - Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
    08 / 2000 - Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
    09 / 2001 - Power Rangers Time force (End of the Classic Saban Era)
    10 / 2002 - Power Rangers Wild Force (Beginning of the Disney Era)
    11 / 2003 - Power Rangers Ninja storm (Some fans consider this the true beginning of the Disney Era due to the production move to New Zealand)
    12 / 2004 - Power Rangers Dino Thunder (Jason David Frank does Disney a favor and comes back as a older Dr. Tommy Oliver. "I'm back, b*tches!"
    13 / 2005 - Power Rangers SPD (Furry Cops FTW but seriously worth a watch)
    14 / 2006 - Power Rangers Mystic Force (Power Rangers in capes Harry Potter style. Oddly enough a fav of mine)
    15 / 2007 - Power Rangers Operation Over Drive
    16 / 2008 - Power Rangers Jungle Force (Kung Fu Furries Unite!)
    17 / 2009 - Power Rangers RPM (The GREATEST Power Rangers series to date. If you don't watch anything else WATCH THIS. BTW this is the technical end of the Disney era. The MMPR remixed episodes that followed DO NOT count as a season....thank goodness!!!)
    18 / 2011 - Power Rangers Samurai (The start of the Modern Saban/Nickelodeon Era)
    19 / 2012 - Power Rangers Samurai (-because damn Nickelodeon couldn't be bothered to use all of Shinkenger in one freggin year.)
    20 / 2013 - Power Rangers MEGAFORCE (obligatory Goseiger season because Saban is bound by contract to use every Sentai. Thanks a lot Toei. Fans are basically watching this hoping it moves faster so we can get to next year's main course)
    21 / 2014 - Power Rangers super MEGAFORCE ( Thanks to Nickelodeon, Saban has to cram the AWESOMENESS that was Gokaiger, 51 episodes, into 20 episodes)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My wife said Pacific Rim was a power rangers for grown ups.

Administrative Forum Overseer RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hoppman View Post
    My wife said Pacific Rim was a power rangers for grown ups.
    Your wife has sparked a inner lesbian in me. Marry her again before I do! ❤

Become a OUYAForum Supporter and gain cool perks all for just $0.99!
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn.

It was such a great and cheesy show... I love it!
    I don't really know what to write here...