Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

2 members found this post helpful.

Touchdown! A "Free The Games Fund" game!

Check it out:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...all-game-for-o

Not an Egghand fan myself But nice to see a game crossing that line.

However, there may be a serious problem:
    The devs have crossed the 50k line, but the line they set for themselves in Kickstarter is 75K, which could mean they could still fail spectaculary, how does that work with the fund and all, will OUYA save them in the last second if they won't get those extra 25K?

I think 50k plus ouyas 50k puts them well over their kickstarter mark to make the game, I could be wrong tho.

and yeah not a big fan either, but the masses are, so I can see how it would make it.

OUYAForum Regular Victor Coleiro's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    I don't get it.

There are only 47 backers who have pledged about $2,400 . Yet the total says they are over $50,000 - I must have missed something, or there's a mistake somewhere

Banned

It looks to be a glitch of some sort. We will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    I don't get it.

There are only 47 backers who have pledged about $2,400 . Yet the total says they are over $50,000 - I must have missed something, or there's a mistake somewhere
    It's "Pledge X$ or more" so someone who "pledged for 5$" could have pledged for 5000$ instead?
    Anyway, you're right, it's sounds a bit fishy...lets hope it is legit.
    Wouldn't want OUYA to fall victim to scams.

As I posted on the other thread, it says they have 46 backers. However, only 39 people have picked a perk. So that means 7 people donated without wanting anything in return. Also doing the math it means those 7 people roughly donated $50,000 of the 52k total.

Seems a little fishy, no other kickstarter pages are having bugs.

EDIT: Also seems odd cause other great games can't raise $20 towards their goal, but this football game can rack up 50k with no problem? Who here has honestly pledged towards this? I'm betting not many.

I don't want to blame the initiators of the campaign, but this looks very suspicious. Like they're trying to reach the 50k with some help to get the OUYA fund...
    Gamer. Geek. Minimalist.

Ahh, I knew there was a potential risk in Ouya's plan. Looks like its possibly being exploited. Lets hope not, but it doesn't look good.

I looked at the Kicktraq data, and there has been 4 Pledges for the following amounts. The first three were on consecutive days, then the last of $25,000 - 4 days after that.

1) $10,000
    2) $10,000
    3) $5,000
    4) $25,000

Is there a way to search that site for all possible Ouya projects? Typing in "Ouya" brings up 46 results. Is that it?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=ouya

I hope Ouya have a rule that says you cant put your own money into the campaign. Would still be hard to police of course, even if they demanded the pledge records.