Some nice looks
Will try this game, thanks!
Team Kakumei presents a 4-Player Arcade-Style Real-Time Strategy game exclusive to the OUYA!
Each player takes command of a team of 4 "Wrecking Balls" that fight other teams in a battle to the death! Fight across 6 surreal landscapes as you grab various items and use fast reflexes and smart strategy to put an end to your opponents!
Full version costs $3.99; free version only contains Peacetime Shores level and no access to Options Menu.
Last edited by Animan; 08-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Another cool feature of Wrecking Balls Arena is it's soundtrack; each song in the game was composed by a different artist, allowing for many different flavors of music to shine throughout the game and it's six diverse stages.
I've included links to the songs that are currently available online (the two that aren't online should be up in the near future).
1. "Fist of Furious" by Pascal Mimeault - http://tinyurl.com/mnzu9fj (Title Screen Music)
2. "Awel" by Stefan Thaens - http://tinyurl.com/ksqolrm (Peacetime Shores)
3. "Children of Fire" by Joseph Eidson - http://tinyurl.com/k3nn9wq (Excitement's Arcade)
4. "Echoes of the Boss" by Jonathon Bont (Rose-Lust Gardens)
5. "Neon Bizzaro" by Declan Kolakowski (Neon Bizzaro Land)
6. "Departure" by Reverence - http://tinyurl.com/l42h47h (The Twister of Angst)
7. "One Moon (In Every Pool)" by Javolenus - http://tinyurl.com/lhyfcx6 (Cynical City)
This is perhaps best played with friends. The AI when playing single player can be a bit brutal and the outcome a bit random at times when there's one huge fist fight in the middle.
Maybe it's me. But it seems very easy to lose track of your characters in that mass of a brawl and it's pot luck as to who comes out alive.
There is some respite when power-ups appear. But by the time you've figured out where you are and which of your team is in the optimum position to grab the power-up (presuming they're even alive at that point) the AI has already grabbed it.
Just a bit of feedback there.
I'd recommend looking at the health indicators for your Wrecking Ball team regularly and seeing which ones are getting attacked (health is going down). The ones that are getting attacked (especially if their health is going down pretty fast) you should select them and set them to "Block" with the O button instead of "Attack". This'll help keep their health from going down as fast, but they won't be able to attack until you tell them to attack again. Any Wrecking Balls who aren't being attacked at all (or very little) should be set to Attack.
You can also try having Wrecking Balls "run away" from the enemies that are attacking them by moving them with the D-Pad or Analog Stick. They won't be able to do any damage unless they're close enough or can attack from any distance with the Pistol item. However, this only works with one Wrecking Ball at a time.
As for when an item appears, try this method:
1. Set your currently selected Wrecking Ball to "Item".
2. Immediately afterwards use the D-Pad or Analog Stick to move the cursor to help let the Wrecking Ball move a bit faster (further away the Wrecking Ball is from the cursor, the faster it'll move towards the cursor).
Also note that a Wrecking Ball doesn't need to be set to "Item" to pick an item up. Just moving over it is enough to grab it. All that the "Item" command does is auto-move the cursor to where the item is if there is one.
Hope all this helps, and thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Animan; 08-13-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Oh, and yes I'll be working on getting the AI improved some (plays more fairly) in a future update. I might also add more AI options in the Options Menu of the paid version, as right now there's only a setting to change the speed at which the AI makes each move.
I know I need to have them not go to the items as soon as they appear. Anyone else have any ideas on how to improve the AI based on your experiences?