Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Okay, Primulas, I found your bug report in this thread.

Prim and Krististrasza,

I have been trying to recreate each of your crash reports, but, so far, have not been able to. Do each of you have a Kickstarter OUYA or a retail OUYA? I'm not sure if it matters, but just in case there is a difference. Krististrasza, do you have anything else running in the background?

I will work on an update to allow players to backup their characters to an external storage device such as a USB drive. Once this is done, you may want to try storing the characters on a thumbdrive, uninstalling, reinstalling, and restoring the characters to see if this fixes your problem. I will continue to investigate, but this is the best that I can think of for now. Please let me know if you can think of other details that might be relevant to what the problem is.

Mine's a retail unit. As for having anything else running in the background - I wouldn't know how to do that even. Turn the Ouya on, wake up the controller and start the game, that's all I need to do to make the game crash.

Quote Originally Posted by LonewolfStudios View Post
    Prim and Krististrasza,

I have been trying to recreate each of your crash reports, but, so far, have not been able to. Do each of you have a Kickstarter OUYA or a retail OUYA? I'm not sure if it matters, but just in case there is a difference. Krististrasza, do you have anything else running in the background?

I will work on an update to allow players to backup their characters to an external storage device such as a USB drive. Once this is done, you may want to try storing the characters on a thumbdrive, uninstalling, reinstalling, and restoring the characters to see if this fixes your problem. I will continue to investigate, but this is the best that I can think of for now. Please let me know if you can think of other details that might be relevant to what the problem is.
    My Ouya is also a retail unit. I am unsure if i had anything running in the background. I'll do some more testing this wekeend(No, babe i can't mow the lawn, i have to bug test this video game ) Also i will start saving before killing shutdowns in the CPU. I got frustrated after two crashes in an hour or so, losing a good amount of progress. I think im psychilocigally ready to go back

-Prim

This confuses me more since mine is also a retail unit. I wonder if something happened during your installs that somehow corrupted the APK. However, uninstalling, as I understand it, will also erase your saved games. Therefore, let me do this update and publish it. Then, you can backup your saved characters, reinstall, and restore the backups.

I would imagine that neither of you has your OUYA connected to a PC so that you could use adb, either. If you do, let me know so I can tell you how to get the log to send me that may help find the issue.
    Last edited by LonewolfStudios; 08-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.

I went and removed the game, then reinstalled it. That seems to have done the job and it hasn't crashed on startup yet after the reinstall.

Edit: Spoken too soon. It doesn't do it as often but occasionally it still happens.

I also now have another crash to report. Start the game, go to New Game. When you are asked to enter your character name, hit A to back out. When you are returned to the main menu you now can't start a new game anymore and after a short while you crash back to the console's menu.

Also, the character name entry screen flickers an awful lot.

An updated version has been submitted for review. It allows you to backup and restore saved characters to an external storage device plugged into the USB port. There is also, hopefully, a good crash handler that will allow someone who experiences a crash to send me an email with the details of the crash by pressing Y. The only information that is sent to me is what is displayed on your screen. The screen in the crash handler will start out red and will turn green after the response from the server is received. A blue background indicates a problem with communicating with the server. Then, hopefully, you will be able to continue with the game by pressing A.

The update will be available on Monday if it gets reviewed as quickly as the previous updates have.

@Krististrasza: To the character name entry screen flickering - The character name entry uses the keyboard provided by the OUYA and is external to CyberDeck. The flickering is likely related to OUYA, monogame, or the interface between the two. I am not certain which other games use the keyboard to be able to tell if it is a constant problem. I have noticed it a bit on my OUYA as well.

The new update should be available for download now.

Yes! Its not Shadowrun but at least its the best part! A game where you are a Decker is perfect! Can't wait to DL this when I get home

And I have used the keyboard in a couple games so far and have not noticed any flicker yet.... can't remember what ones off the top of my head though

Hey, I wasn't sure where to post bugs so I'll just tack them on here.

- Some of the "Steal & Erase" missions have a typo where they say "recover the file and retrieve it from the system". I think "retrieve" should be "remove".
    - Sometimes when building programs, the program that appears on the Cyberdeck is not the one I had highlighted in the Projects screen. It's one above or below. Sometimes it gets so bad that there is a project I have spent ages coding that I can't build. Once I even trashed every other project, and when I tried to build it, I got one of the trashed projects turning up on the Cyberdeck instead of the one shown in the Project screen. EDIT: This seems to happen most often when there is a mix of chips and program source in the Projects screen.

This isn't a bug, but I got a mission where I had to "crash" a system. I couldn't work out how to do this. It said I had to do it from the CPU. I'm guessing it's the icon between the "get map" and "stop shutdown" buttons which is always greyed out, but I don't know how to activate it. EDIT: Worked this out, needed to kill the ICE first.

And similarly, what do I need to get to enable the node functions in "security" nodes? There are three, that are always greyed out. Do I need to be a higher level, or get different hardware? EDIT: Worked this out too, more ICE-icide.

Thanks,
    pix